Homosexuality selected because of societal function

Selaphiel

I can't find any sources that even say it's possible for the prostate to have a "build up" of semen. Everything I'm reading says it's produced constantly and gradually, and dead sperm are simply broken down and recycled just like dead blood cells.

The sperm constitutes only 2-5% of the actual fluid. They are carried by seminal fluid. People who have had a vasectomy release seminal fluid during sex or even a nocturnal emission.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I can't find any sources that even say it's possible for the prostate to have a "build up" of semen. Everything I'm reading says it's produced constantly and gradually, and dead sperm are simply broken down and recycled just like dead blood cells.
what does the prostate have to do with anything?

glassjester

The sperm constitutes only 2-5% of the actual fluid. They are carried by seminal fluid. People who have had a vasectomy release seminal fluid during sex or even a nocturnal emission.

Yes. And the majority of the fluid released is produced by the seminal vesicles, right?

And doesn't that production take place upon arousal?
It is not, to my knowledge, "stored" or "built up" in the body.

glassjester

what does the prostate have to do with anything?

As Selaphiel pointed out, a "build up of sperm" has nothing to do with this. Dead sperm is simply recycled within the body, just like dead blood cells.

The source you quoted suggested that semen (not sperm) can "build up." Semen is composed (mostly) of secretions produced by the prostate and seminal vesicles. To my knowledge, this is produced as needed, and does not "build up" in the body.

MrDante

Probably the choice to emulate the positive marriages of my parents and grandparents, aunts and uncles.
as countless gays and lesbians do

I'd wager that a child decides that, well before he experiences any sexual desires.
How old are kids when they start "playing house?"

If the immediate and extended family has positively modeled true marriage, if the child has been raised to value family, recognize and respect authority, and base his actions on his determinations of right and wrong (as opposed to determining right and wrong, based on his own actions), all by the age of reason (probably age 7 years - adolescence), then by the time sexual desires arise, homosexuality has already been precluded.
I understand that people choose their skin color in exactly the same way.

glassjester

as countless gays and lesbians do

I understand that people choose their skin color in exactly the same way.

You don't make arguments.
You just compare everything to racism.

I already know what you'll say back:
"Oh yeah? Just like black people don't make arguments?"

Go away.

glassjester

Only to very stupid anti-gay arguments

Come up with a better strategy.

My "anti-gay" argument is the same as my anti-contraception argument. And my anti-incest argument, and my anti-bestiality argument, and my anti-masturbation argument.

There's no way to compare it to racism.

Why don't you read up on the Church's teachings on those matters before you assume you know better?

Seeing the course of this discussion, thought this would be a clip you guys would appreciate, since the low tide of discourse has already come in, and the forum category begs for some perceived political relevancy, beyond the rascism of bodily fluids. You need some international perspective, then.

(You criticize my posts, and here you are, post after post, debating sperm and seminal fluid. Some real sadist invented the web.)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
As Selaphiel pointed out, a "build up of sperm" has nothing to do with this. Dead sperm is simply recycled within the body, just like dead blood cells.

The source you quoted suggested that semen (not sperm) can "build up." Semen is composed (mostly) of secretions produced by the prostate and seminal vesicles. To my knowledge, this is produced as needed, and does not "build up" in the body.
Yes, more specifically it's the build up of seminal fluid that can cause wet dreams, it's true whether you "can find it" or not -

glassjester

Yes, more specifically it's the build up of seminal fluid that can cause wet dreams, it's true whether you "can find it" or not -

Yes, you're right.
Whether or not I know of something has no bearing on the fact of the matter.

Still, an academic source of some kind - an anatomy or physiology book, an article from a medical journal - anything scholarly, in which this "build up" has been documented - it would be helpful.

What's the supposed maximum capacity?
How long does it take to reach this maximum?
Why don't all men experience nocturnal emissions?
Why do women have the same experience without any need to rid themselves of a "build up"?

Utterly shocking, breaking news! Not recognized or believed to be true in America, there is this distinction between love and lust, according to God. But who's He to judge? Some very elementary examination of the Greek...

MrDante

I could just make stuff up like you do

My "anti-gay" argument is the same as my anti-contraception argument. And my anti-incest argument, and my anti-bestiality argument, and my anti-masturbation argument.

Why don't you read up on the Church's teachings on those matters before you assume you know better?

well there you would be wrong (as usual) your bizarre ramblings about modeling "true" marriage is just as ridiculous as claiming people choose their own skin color.

glassjester

I could just make stuff up like you do

Yes, please do.
Anything's better than your "that's just like racism" strategy.

What did I make up, anyway?

well there you would be wrong (as usual) your bizarre ramblings about modeling "true" marriage is just as ridiculous as claiming people choose their own skin color.

Really?

Do you honestly think parents have as little control over how they portray their marriage to their children, as they do over their skin color? That's absolutely insane, Brother. Can we drop the adversarial tone for a minute, and just be realistic? You can't honestly believe that, do you?

Be sincere.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
People in dreams cannot be produced by the mind. Every person one dreams of, they have seen before.

'Wet dreams' are due to either gazing or fantasizing sexually about another person, which is a sin.

So one cannot say that it is a sin impossible to avoid, but it's not a sin that was seen as particularly bad either- a person would have to go sanctify their self, as a discipline, and then return. This generally involved going out somewhere in solitude for up to a day.

glassjester

People in dreams cannot be produced by the mind. Every person one dreams of, they have seen before.

'Wet dreams' are due to either gazing or fantasizing sexually about another person, which is a sin.

So one cannot say that it is a sin impossible to avoid, but it's not a sin that was seen as particularly bad either- a person would have to go sanctify their self, as a disciple, and then return. This generally involved going out somewhere in solitude for up to a day.

But I thought wet dreams happened because a man's seminal vesicles were ticking time bombs! :hammer:

Source: popular high school myth

Arthur Brain

Well, I'm sure even you must acknowledge that the vast majority of people are guilty of masturbation, even if you managed to restrain from it yourself...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You don't choose to fall in love with someone

A person has a choice not to pursue romance with someone.
You all act like a person has no control over desires, or must pursue all of what's in front of them to be fulfilled.

All the Vices are encompassed in that reprobate reckoning- gluttony, envy, LUST, greed, sloth, wrath, pride.