Homosexuality selected because of societal function

Arthur Brain

Your definition of "absolute" or "perfect" is wanting.
You think the 88 keys of piano represent every possible pitch?

Of course not although I think you're just getting pedantic now. I love certain microtonal music by way of but you carry on at this if you want. You only seem interested in semantics rather than honest debate.

glassjester

Of course not although I think you're just getting pedantic now. I love certain microtonal music by way of but you carry on at this if you want. You only seem interested in semantics rather than honest debate.

Nope. I'll grant you your perfect pitch.
It seems important to you.

Now let's hear your theory on wet dreams.

Arthur Brain

Honestly!

Wikipedia says only 83% of men have experienced it. :idunno:

Again, I don't know. Do you?
My guess is it's just accidental.
Maybe just a consequence of an erotic dream?

I don't have those either.

Although I do dream frequently, and vividly.
I have G-Rated dreams.

Sometimes PG-13, for the scary ones.

You?

Only 83%?

I like the way you put the 'only' in front of a significantly high percentage anyway so kudos for that. In fact I'm not altogether unconvinced that you're just messing about here for laughs as it is...

glassjester

Only 83%?

I like the way you put the 'only' in front of a significantly high percentage anyway so kudos for that. In fact I'm not altogether unconvinced that you're just messing about here for laughs as it is...

As opposed to your initial estimate of 100%, 83% earned itself a leading "only."

And really, I'm being honest.

Arthur Brain

Nope. I'll grant you your perfect pitch.
It seems important to you.

Would you grant someone synesthesia as well? It's not important to me dude, it just happens to be. If you could think outside of the box you might just happen to realize that certain things exist independent of choice or internal/external factors.

Now let's hear your theory on wet dreams.

Natural bodily depletion? What's your explanation for what "only" 83% of men experience?

Arthur Brain

As opposed to your initial estimate of 100%, 83% earned itself a leading "only."

And really, I'm being honest.

Where did I estimate it at 100%? I would have put it at a very high percentage for sure, more than 83% to be quite honest but certainly not 100. Even if you haven't experienced such yourself you're certainly not shying away from the fact that it exists - and on a prevalent level at that.

Arthur Brain

Do you have evidence, or is this mere speculation?

83% of guys have had erotic dreams.

Women have sleep orgasms, too.
Did they need to deplete excess semen?

It seems the most logical course unless you want to start backing succubi again? Else why would dreams cause most people to orgasm at some point in their life? Nobody chooses their dreams do they? If not then the male body at least ejaculates 'useless semen' at some point(s) in life. Given that you acknowledge that it's at least 83% then it would follow that this is a naturally occurring phenomenon...

Or why not?

glassjester

I doubt it but considering you're one of the few percent who haven't actually had a 'wet dream' it's probably moot anyway.

Ok.

So if a scary dream can make someone sweat, without indicating a need to deplete excess sweat, it follows that an erotic dream can make someone ejaculate, without indicating a need to deplete excess semen.

What happens to the guys that don't have nocturnal emissions? They explode?

Arthur Brain

Ok.

So if a scary dream can make someone sweat, without indicating a need to deplete excess sweat, it follows that an erotic dream can make someone ejaculate, without indicating a need to deplete excess semen.

What happens to the guys that don't have nocturnal emissions? They explode?

What, the 17% of those who apparently never have such nocturnal experiences in their life? Well, no, they obviously don't. Anything but in fact...

:eek:

glassjester

What, the 17% of those who apparently never have such nocturnal experiences in their life? Well, no, they obviously don't. Anything but in fact...

:eek:

I just don't think there's any evidence for this supposed surplus-semen theory.
Feel free to cite some reference on the matter.

Arthur Brain

I just don't think there's any evidence for this supposed surplus-semen theory.
Feel free to cite some reference on the matter.

Well, just going with your own link - that 83% of men experience ejaculation through dreams - has pretty much answered you on the particular. You've kinda already answered yourself and just aren't comfortable with the outcome of the equation?

glassjester

Well, just going with your own link - that 83% of men experience ejaculation through dreams - has pretty much answered you on the particular. You've kinda already answered yourself and just aren't comfortable with the outcome of the equation?

There's nothing about any causes in the wikipedia article.
You're just speculating.