Homosexuality is designed?

noguru

Clete said:
I respond in kind. What I have said that is not substantive prior to your idiotic nonsense?
Nothing!

Everything, starting from your first response on this thread. :doh:

Last edited:

Agape4Robin

noguru said:
Well I don't support the idea "That homosexuality is designed.". I'm not sure how you got that idea. Is it just because I do not agree with Clete's certainty on the relationship of the origins of HIV, monkeys, and homosexuals? Or is it because I do not think that homosexual's should be executed?

I was just trying to clear up some misconceptions about the issue of HIV and its relationship to homosexual behavior. And of course, Clete will never admit that he is confused or uncertain, about the specific details of his "socio-political party's" propaganda.

At any rate, neither do I condone the practice. I have major objections to the lifestyle for other reasons than "It is the cause of HIV". But I don't think I would go so far as executing the sexually confused people involved. But perhaps I am being "Nicer than God", as many of the fundamentalists here would have me believe. :confused:
How about that it advances the spread of HIV?

BTW...this thread is about the question of homosexuality .....was it designed? Not about HIV or AIDS, God's punishment or the death penalty.

Stick to the subject............

noguru

Agape4Robin said:

That is a problem. Do you think the solution is executing gays?

Agape4Robin said:
BTW...this thread is about the question of homosexuality .....was it designed? Not about HIV or AIDS, God's punishment or the death penalty.

Stick to the subject............

OK. But I wasn't the first to go off on a tangent from this topic. Sometimes tangental information can help clarify things. And the information I offered helps clarify the issues surrounding homosexuality and the spread of HIV. Something that you have just showed concern about in this thread.

Why don't you follow your own advice and stick to the topic as well, Robin? :kookoo:

Or do you hold to a double standard as well?

Agape4Robin

noguru said:
Agape4Robin said:

That is a problem. Do you think the solution is executing gays?

OK. But I wasn't the first to go off on a tangent from this topic. Sometimes tangental information can help clarify things. And the information I offered helps clarify the issues surrounding homosexuality and the spread of HIV. Something that you have just showed concern about.

Why don't you follow your own advice and stick to the topic as well, Robin? :kookoo:
Great advice! :rolleyes:

Homosexuality.....designed by God or not?

noguru

Agape4Robin said:
noguru said:
Great advice! :rolleyes:

Homosexuality.....designed by God or not?

I do not think that the kind of homosexuality practiced by the adult human homosexual culture was designed by God. Although, from my studies in behavioral biology I have seen much evidence that homosexual acts are not limited to the human species. However, this type of homosexuality among other species is more like some humans do when experimenting during adolescence.

Also, I haven't seen any conclusive evidence that homosexuality is genetically based. There may be circumstances where some of the factors involved are congenital.

Last edited:

noguru

So robin, do you think that homosexuals should be executed?

Would your opinion on this change depending on the answer to the question of this thread?

noguru

Agape4Robin said:
Well then, we seem to be in agreement.....not designed by God.

Next!

Do you only discuss things with people you don't agree with?

Or are your discussions only designed to convince people that do not agree with you?

Agape4Robin

noguru said:
So robin, do you think that homosexuals should be executed?

Would your opinion on this change depending on the answer to the question of this thread?
Point one.....death? NO. I'll leave the judging to God in that respect. It's sad that homos who remain in the lifestyle don't realize the perfect will God has for them.....

Point two......what??!! :dizzy:

noguru

Agape4Robin said:
Point one.....death? NO. I'll leave the judging to God in that respect. It's sad that homos who remain in the lifestyle don't realize the perfect will God has for them.....

Point two......what??!! :dizzy:

Well your answer to question one nullifies the logical significance of question two. See how easy the answer to some questions are when we leave them in the hands of God. If we had try to use empirical evidence to decide whether or not to execute gays based on the specifics of each case, judging them from our human perspective would get very confusing.

Again, we are in agreement.

Agape4Robin

noguru said:
Well your answer to question one nullifies the logical significance of question two. See how easy some questions are when we leave them in the hands of God.

Again, we are in agreement.
:think: :chuckle:

noguru

Clete said:
Right! Onto the ignore list you go!

See ya! :wave2:

Cool thanks. Can't take what you dish out, hah. :chuckle:

And I noticed you bad repped me also. You started the insults, I stayed within the bounds of politeness. You put me on the ignore list and bad repped me.

I guess one could say you're a sore loser.

Last edited:

SteveG.

All humans are born with a proclivity toward "sin", that is, a propensity to do things that are selfish,
destructive,unproductive, etc. This proclivity includes a propensity for sexual deviation, e.g. homosexuality, bisexuality, etc. Human behavior is largely, and to an unknown extent, governed and/or influenced by our biology (read: brains/glands etc.) To what degree is alcoholism, drug addtiction, violent tendencies, envy, hate, and other "sins" controlled or influenced by our genetic make-up? We don't and may never fully know. But science has unveiled evidence that strongly supports a biological connection and influence in the area of human sexuality and other behaviors.
I've written all this to make the point that our human proclivities, be they soulish or biological or both in origin and expression, in and of themselves aren't "sinful". However, the acting out of the impulse, whatever the origin, is the responsibility of the individual and must eventually be answered for. This is how one can view the homosexual orientation as a product of our fallen, imperfect physical and spiritual natures but not be "sinful" in and of itself until it has been acted upon. Those of us of a sound mind have the ability to control or at least greatly modify our behaviors, regardless of nature or nuture. God no more "programmed" sexual deviation into our species than he "programmed" cancer, heart disease or dementia. All of these things are the unavoidable products of our physical and spiritual evolution.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
Point one.....death? NO. I'll leave the judging to God in that respect.
You don't think God has already judged that they should be executed?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I see that those who brought the woman to Jesus were in sin in that exact moment by bringing her to Him, in the first place. Especially since they didn't bring the man, as well.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
fool said:
will you cast the first stone?

I missed this yesterday!

Yes! If given the legal apportunity I wouldn't hesitate to participate in the execution of capital criminals, especially if that criminal had in some way victimized my family. That having been said however, with such laws in place, there would almost certainly never come the opportunity to do so. A death penalty with teeth is a remarkably effective deterant to crime.

Resting in Him,
Clete