Homosexuality is designed?

fool

Hall of Fame
Dread Helm said:
Homosexual behavior is destructive. It leads to death.
I'll go along with the destuctive part about sodomy
but what makes homosexuality deadly?

JoyfulRook

fool said:
I'll go along with the destuctive part about sodomy
but what makes homosexuality deadly?
You have heard of GMBS (I think that's what it was)? It was what they used to call AIDS.

Justin (Wiccan)

Dread Helm said:
:shocked: I don't want to know about it.

DH, the most "scandalous" behavior I witnessed were some of the complaints about the quality of the coffee. (Believe me, the coffee deserved every word of it ... someone had left it percolating all night.) These people not only new I was a straight, they new me as a person, and not one of them would have dreamed of making a pass.

Of course, there's also the fact that my wife is known as somewhat posessive. :chuckle: She's a red-head ... and let me tell you, it's NOT false advertizing!

Justin (Wiccan)

Agape4Robin said:

Robin, I've never had a harsh word for you before, but perhaps you should re-think your rather crude comment. These people would no more make love in public than you would with your husband.

Agape4Robin

fool said:
perhaps their families
I don't see how it hurts mine
Oh...I see.........."as long as it doesn't affect me, then hey.....whatever floats their boat."

It's a moral decision....stand for something fool or you'll fall for anything!

fool

Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
It's a moral decision....stand for something fool or you'll fall for anything!
thats why I'm an atheiest
I don't just fall for anything

fool

Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
No? Since when? Since it became PIC to point the finger at gays?
since ever
AIDS is a virus
heteros get it to
people who've had tainted blood tranfusions
health care workers who've been stuck by needles
two homos who don't have it can homo it up their whole lives and not produce any AIDS

Justin (Wiccan)

I've lost two people to AIDS--one a friend I met after infection, the other a hero I never met, but always admired. You've all heard of Ryan White, and I've no doubt that most of you have heard of Dr. Isaac Asimov. Both were infected by blood transfusion.

If HIV is a judgement against homosexuals--as many of you imply--then God's got some lousy aim.

noguru

fool said:
homo activity donen't cause AIDS

Agape4Robin said:
No? Since when? Since it became PIC to point the finger at gays?

The Human Imunnodefficiency Virus (which is a retrovirus) is spread when the virus comes in contact with a specific white blood cell called a T-cell. Small numbers of this T-cell are found in the blood and large numbers are found lining the rectum. They seem to be a defense against the types of bacteria that result from digestion of solid material.

HIV can be spread from intravenous drug use, blood transfusions, and any sexual activity. But it has a greater rate of infection amongst those who engage in anal sex, and a those who use intravenous needles. This is because of the greater likelihood of the virus being exposed to a T-Cell.

Interestingly enough there is quite a bit of evidence being compiled that suggests a link between retroviruses and horizontal gene transfer. Research is currently being done to see if this is related to the greater rates of cervical cancer found in women who have HPV and/or herpes.

I'm not quite sure how a direct relationship between "sinful" behavior and diseases caused by retroviruses can be supported.