Homo Disney is getting more "out" with it

glassjester

Man, I don't know why y'all didn't already think LeFou was gay. If you watched the original cartoon, he followed Gaston around, even sung a song to Belle about how drop dead sexy Gaston was, about how gorgeous his face his hair was, so on and so forth. You're surprised that parts gay?

And is a gay minor character really more of an affront to God than buffalo - woman romance?

If it was that apparent in the original, why the need to make it even more blatant in the new one?

glassjester

Maybe because gay people are apart of our society and enjoy representation in film and television?

"apart of our society" - some would wish it so! What a difference the space bar makes.

Open "marriages" are part of our society. Should we feature more of those in children's movies?

PyramidHead

"apart of our society" - some would wish it so! What a difference the space bar makes.

Open "marriages" are part of our society. Should we feature more of those in children's movies?

Why would I care if they were? If a child is a child in an open marriage I'm sure they would love to see situations in films and television they can relate to.

glassjester

Why would I care if they were? If a child is a child in an open marriage I'm sure they would love to see situations in films and television they can relate to.

Then you approve of adultery? Fair enough - that was worth clarifying.

How about children produced through incest? Should incestuous relationships be portrayed positively in children's movies?

PyramidHead

Then you approve of adultery? Fair enough - that was worth clarifying.

How about children produced through incest? Should incestuous relationships be portrayed positively in children's movies?

Positively? No. In fact I think incest is abuse and pretty taboo in nature and don't see any place for it in a children's film, unless it's a film specifically designed to help children who suffered through incestuous relationships cope with their abuse.

Adultery isn't really approved by me as a person who prefers monogamy. But there are people out there who are completely OK with it, and I'm not going to judge a group of polyamorous people in open marriages.

glassjester

Positively? No. In fact I think incest is abuse and pretty taboo in nature and don't see any place for it in a children's film, unless it's a film specifically designed to help children who suffered through incestuous relationships cope with their abuse.

Adultery isn't really approved by me as a person who prefers monogamy. But there are people out there who are completely OK with it, and I'm not going to judge a group of polyamorous people in open marriages.

Alright, then why judge incestuous couples?

PyramidHead

Alright, then why judge incestuous couples?

Because someone is being taken advantage of. There is often rape involved, and the abuse of authority. Not comparable to two gay people or 4 polyamorous people in a consenting relationship, even if I can't be in the same relationships as them and I find it weird, their not really hurting anybody.

MrDante

Those abuses can occur in any type of sexual relationship.

What makes incest, in and of itself, not worthy of positive portrayal in children's movies?

Outside of your personal choice use this comparison to justify hate what makes incest comparable?

PyramidHead

Those abuses can occur in any type of sexual relationship.

What makes incest, in and of itself, not worthy of positive portrayal in children's movies?

Indeed they can, but an incestuous relationship can not exist without abuse, or pedophilia (which is by definition a form of heinous abuse). Someone is coercing someone else using their family bond to get sex, which is wrong, and deeply taboo.

And really you're engaging in slippery slope logical fallacy. If x is ok, what about y? oh yeah? then how about Z?!?! and Z is supposed to be the fatal knockout blow to my argument, but really all I ever was really trying to say was something about x. See what I mean?

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned
i think teaching children that homosexuality is "normal" is abusive :idunno:

With only about 15% of the population being homosexual, of course it's not viewed as "normal".

How are you on teaching children acceptance and diversity?

glassjester

Indeed they can, but an incestuous relationship can not exist without abuse, or pedophilia (which is by definition a form of heinous abuse). Someone is coercing someone else using their family bond to get sex, which is wrong, and deeply taboo.

And really you're engaging in slippery slope logical fallacy. If x is ok, what about y? oh yeah? then how about Z?!?! and Z is supposed to be the fatal knockout blow to my argument, but really all I ever was really trying to say was something about x. See what I mean?

But if X really will lead to Y...