Home Schooling vs. Public Schooling

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
BOB ENYART LIVE - Listen online
Jo and Danielle: Home Schooling vs. Public Schooling
Fri. 8-25-06 #170
Or go to KGOV.com

Summary: *Jo Scott and Danielle Kekoa (Me) discuss the benefits of home schooling your children and the dangers of the government run public schools.

*A must listen to for all Christian parents who are considering pulling their kids out of government schools and homeschooling their children.​

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
BOB ENYART LIVE - Listen online
Jo and Danielle: Home Schooling vs. Public Schooling
Fri. 8-25-06 #170
Or go to KGOV.com

Summary: *Jo Scott and Danielle Kekoa (Me) discuss the benefits of home schooling your children and the dangers of the government run public schools.

*A must listen to for all Christian parents who are considering pulling their kids out of government schools and homeschooling their children.​

Public School Punk - Attached is my senior picture discussed on the show:

PKevman

Nothing, if you like to look like a complete punk and reject to society. :loser:
Don't you just love the bull ring in my nose - so attractive isn't it?

I hate to say it, but when I see those I am always afraid the person is going to sneeze and put out my eye. :)

JoyfulRook

I hate to say it, but when I see those I am always afraid the person is going to sneeze and put out my eye. :)
:chuckle:

I was dissuaded from ever wanting a nose ring when I saw Jackie Chan grab the bad guy's nose ring and spin him around by it. Ouch. :eek:

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
That is not a reason not to public school children.

No - But it's not exactly every parent's dream to have their nice young daughter look like she got shot in the face with a jewelry gun and conformed to the image of a rebellious heathen at graduation either. :jawdrop:

Last edited:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is not a reason not to public school children.

It can be when the teachers are the ones with the body piercings (from North Carolina Star News Online):

But "earlobes only" would be a big change for Laura Jennings, a veteran teacher who recently was appointed assistant principal at Virgo. She has 12 earrings and a pierced eyebrow, which is hidden behind her bangs.

Jennings got the piercing seven years ago after talking with her mother and also finding no school policy against one, she said. If she had to, she'd remove the bar, there's no question that she would, she said.

This is an old article. But, even if I supported public schools, I would have a problem with the teachers and other authority figures having body piercing that showed. They're supposed to be examples to the children.

I know that I sound old-fashioned here. But, there's no reason for a teacher to have twelve earrings when in the presence of the children they are teaching.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nothing, if you like to look like a complete punk and reject to society. :loser:
Don't you just love the bull ring in my nose - so attractive isn't it?

Well you didn't, so I guess this more of your baggage you're flinging around.

This is no big deal.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Public School Punk - Attached is my senior picture discussed on the show:
Was it the public school that lead you to this directly or was something more going on elsewhere in your life?

I has been my experience that people who go in for body piercings and other rather extreme fashions are trying to compensate for lack of something else in their life. Public schools may be more accepting of these extreme fashions than other schools, but that doesn't mean the public school caused it.

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
Was it the public school that lead you to this directly or was something more going on elsewhere in your life?

Admittedly, my home life was not ideal, but the public school was an incubator for sin and immorality and it was the only place that fostered and encouraged my rebellion.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Admittedly, my home life was not ideal, but the public school was an incubator for sin and immorality and it was the only place that fostered and encouraged my rebellion.
Did you choose friends that were "good kids" or did you choose friends who had similar issues at home?

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
Did you choose friends that were "good kids" or did you choose friends who had similar issues at home?

There weren't any "good kids" at school. All of them had problems at home - obviously, since they were sent to public school by their lazy parents.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
There weren't any "good kids" at school. All of them had problems at home - obviously, since they were sent to public school by their lazy parents.
Cop out. The high school I went to had kids like you, we called them the freaks. We also had the brains, the jocks, the populars, the geeks, the Bible club and a few other clicks as well. Probably the same with your school. My friends were "good kids". We went to youth group together and some of us were even leaders. Evey now and then we did something totally stupid with alcohol but not often. We stayed away from the freaks and the drugies and high school passed with us learning what we needed to go to college, none of my friends getting pregnant and nobody going to jail.

You are copping out when you say there were no good kids at your school. Sounds like you never really looked. Nobody has perfect home life. I had my problems at home as well.

You are blaming public schools for your choices. Public schools offer more choices and a great many of them can be bad choices. Point is, you made the choices you did and now you are saying its the public school systems fault that you made the choices you did. You made a mistake. Take responsibility for your choices and quit blaming others.

Public schools are far from perfect. As I've said before and will say again, the success of ANY school depends on the parents of the students. The more the parents are involved with their children's school, and life in general, the better they will do.

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
Cop out. The high school I went to had kids like you, we called them the freaks. We also had the brains, the jocks, the populars, the geeks, the Bible club and a few other clicks as well. Probably the same with your school. My friends were "good kids". We went to youth group together and some of us were even leaders. Evey now and then we did something totally stupid with alcohol but not often. We stayed away from the freaks and the drugies and high school passed with us learning what we needed to go to college, none of my friends getting pregnant and nobody going to jail.

:BRAVO: Good for you! Well I imagine that public schools were a little bit different 30 years ago than they are today.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No - But it's not exactly every parent's dream to have their nice young daughter look like she got shot in the face with a jewelry gun and conformed to the image of a rebellious heathen at graduation either. :jawdrop:
Well, if she had the attitude that usually comes with it, then that's definitely a reason not to send your kids to public school. But in today's society, what's more rebellious than to be a right-wing fundamentalist Christian, who's anti-choice, homophobic, etc.?

Last edited:

nelo_angelo

Children should be allowed to forumalte their own opinions and live their own life under the guidance of parents.

I state this, because private schooling ends up in the total indoctrination of a child.

Whether intentional or not, opinions seep through, and with one parent teaching everything to a child on a 1 to 1 basis, the child will not be able to think for its own.

While it is true that teachers themselves have opinions, a variety of teachers will be educating the child, resulting in a moderation of ideals and conflicts of opinion which encourages the child to make their own decision.

Home schooling is damaging to a child, as it shelters them from the real world which will be ditched on them when they leave home.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Children should be allowed to forumalte their own opinions and live their own life under the guidance of parents.

I state this, because private schooling ends up in the total indoctrination of a child.

Whether intentional or not, opinions seep through, and with one parent teaching everything to a child on a 1 to 1 basis, the child will not be able to think for its own.

While it is true that teachers themselves have opinions, a variety of teachers will be educating the child, resulting in a moderation of ideals and conflicts of opinion which encourages the child to make their own decision.

Home schooling is damaging to a child, as it shelters them from the real world which will be ditched on them when they leave home.
I would not agree that home-schooling is damaging to children. I have met home schooled children for whom home-schooling has worked very well. It gave them a great foundation for life. I have also met children for whom home-schooling has been a disaster the ended up severly limiting their future.

When it comes to schooling, the choice between public, private or home schooling is a choice best made by the parents. Some parents may not have options open to them that others do. DXpose is a classic example. In her blog she tells us that her father diserted her mother and family when she was young. As a single mother struggeling to feed her faimly, her mother did not have the option of either private or home schooling. DXPose's mom did what she had to do to raise her family under the circumstances she was stuck in. Her mom tried to teach her children about God by taking them to church and teaching them to pray. A hardened heart in a young girl foiled those attempts. I praise God that that heart was softened and DXPose accepted Christ!

The attitude of home-choolers that asserts home schooling is the only way to educate christian chidren is what I disagree with. In her other thread, DXPose comes across as calling christian parents who use public school fools. She never said that but that was the impression I was left with. You are wlecome to your opinion but when that is raised to the level of near doctrine, that becomes dangerous.