Home Schooling vs. Public Schooling

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
And yet, we see that children are safer in public schools than they are at home. There are far more cases of parents abusing their children in one large city, than the few incidents you have mentioned here.

Why not admit the truth?

The report also found that from 1992 to 2000, students ages 5 to 19 were 70 times more likely to be murdered away from school than on campus.
http://www.eagleforum.org/educate/2005/mar05/violence.html

MrRadish

Incidentally, I notice that quite a lot of these articles refer to transsexual teachers. What's wrong with being transsexual??

Aimey

i think i am wasting my breath on you.

i have also lost interest in the subject since no matter what evidence is given you simply dismiss it all with no actual statistical proof of your acusations.

you hold me to adifferent standard than you hold yourself.

by the way Granite , if you can't tell what the point is , I can't help you.

also, Radish, speaking frankly, it is sad that you don't see what is WRONG
with BEING transexual. my dear daughter , it the state were described to
her would imediately recoil and say, "EW! That is just WRONG!!!
She is pretty sharp, and her conscience has not been seared.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I think you've seared your intellectual integrity. After all, if the statistics don't support your argument, isn't it time to accept it and go on?

Aimey

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!

And yet, we see that children are safer in public schools than they are at home. There are far more cases of parents abusing their children in one large city, than the few incidents you have mentioned here.

Why not admit the truth?

The report also found that from 1992 to 2000, students ages 5 to 19 were 70 times more likely to be murdered away from school than on campus.
http://www.eagleforum.org/educate/2005/mar05/violence.html

this is like comparing the foothills to the mountains. NO, NO, the pebbles
next to the mountains.

of course just by mere multiplication of odds there would be more crime
off campus than on. on campus is like a 1/8 of a mile area as opposed
to a 10 or more mile area between schools. Add the probablility of less
criminals per capita on campus as oposed to the general population of the
city and of course, higher crime is easy to find. However , this has no
relation to the point, which is,

homeschools have lower crime than public schools. it is erroneous to
simply lump homeschoolers up with the general crime rate of the entire city.
I think you will find if a search is done that homeschool crime, is low to say the very least and rather nonexistant as a 'rate' of measurable level most likely.

as for me I have spent enough time searching for info for you.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
of course just by mere multiplication of odds there would be more crime
off campus than on. on campus is like a 1/8 of a mile area as opposed
to a 10 or more mile area between schools. Add the probablility of less
criminals per capita on campus as oposed to the general population of the
city and of course, higher crime is easy to find.

You're a bit confused. The numbers refer to the likelihood of any particular student being harmed.

homeschools have lower crime than public schools.

Since more kids are injured at home, we know that public schools are safer than homes.

It is erroneous to simply lump homeschoolers up with the general crime rate of the entire city.

Isn't that what homeschoolers do when they use general crime statistics and assert that they apply to schools?

I think you will find if a search is done that homeschool crime, is low to say the very least and rather nonexistant as a 'rate' of measurable level most likely.

No one seems to have measured it, or shown that (for example) parental abuse is lower in homeschools than in homes generally. Could be, but no data exists as far as I know.

as for me I have spent enough time searching for info for you.

No one really expected you to support your assertion. No problem.

Aimey

yeah , just like you do not expect to be reqired to support your assertions.
thus the song and dance about there nover being any 'data' to support your
statements.

sheesh!

by the way , I am always willing to back up what I say, and if I am unable I
am willing to admit I was wrong.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
yeah , just like you do not expect to be reqired to support your assertions.
thus the song and dance about there nover being any 'data' to support your
statements.

Rather, I pointed out that there was no data (AFAIK) to support yours. And you've declined to give us any that might suggest you are right.

Indeed.

by the way , I am always willing to back up what I say, and if I am unable I
am willing to admit I was wrong.

Good. Show us the evidence that homeschools are lower in crime than public schools.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
All that shows is that some homeschooling parents have done horrendous things to their children. It doesn't really say how prevalent these things (or less terrible abuse) are in homeschools.

BKWinnie

How anyone could try to say that parents are not the best teachers for their own kids has always been beyond me. I am so thankful that my kids are not in the public schools and are getting an education built around God.

Jukia

How anyone could try to say that parents are not the best teachers for their own kids has always been beyond me. I am so thankful that my kids are not in the public schools and are getting an education built around God.

Some parents are ignorant, some are psychotic, some are on drugs, some just do not care, some do not speak English, some have little eduction of their own, some are better doing something else.
YOur statement is way too broad.