Hollywood pedophiles

Lon

I highlighted the hidden points you illogically danced around. I don’t follow you. I didn’t see anything about Jesus Christ, mercy or forgiveness in your words.

I see you suggesting you can fix that you are a sinner by blind implication of the words “who should fix this”.
Your indignation and misplaced 'protection' is blinding you to realities. Said another way, you are out of balance. You are on a one-man drive to save Sonnet. You can't. Only God can. The 'fix' for sinner is Jesus. The point: sinner is an ugly word because it is us offending our perfect beautiful God.
I see you claiming a theological faction that is condemned by Galatians 5 And is documented to cause Christian infighting and shirking your responsibilities for that by calling others bullies.
Made that up from your own problems with the same. You ALREADY marginalized Calvinists. Don't blame me for your doing. You are seeing the world through your own colored glasses and refusing to walk a mile in another man's shoes. THAT causes infighting. You've done it. You've done that. I worked on mending that bridge. At least between you and me is a start.

I see you avoiding the truth that you are as in need of Jesus as an actively gay man, every day of your life and you are equally sinful as an actively gay man every day of your life.
:nono: This is about terms. "illegitimate" is an offensive term. We can do nothing about that if true. God can and did.

Incidentally, if you are worried about causing factions, why are you arguing with every Christian in this thread and defending 'homosexual' sensibilities??? :think: You confuse me at times between language, fighting with other Christians, and etc. There are a number of inconsistencies. I would expect, what you hate, you hate most about yourself and so the inner war comes out in discussion. I think Romans 8:58 covers you, but for a sounding board on my part... :e4e: -Lon

Lon

I could go to plenty other sites where it comes to Biblical references and ones with a more neutral, scholarly and objective perspective than one that's obviously biased towards the more fundamentalist, simplistic, dogmatic bent.
"I don't like it" is understood instead of something wrong with the site.

Grip Docility

Your indignation and misplaced 'protection' is blinding you to realities. Said another way, you are out of balance. You are on a one-man drive to save Sonnet. You can't. Only God can. The 'fix' for sinner is Jesus. The point: sinner is an ugly word because it is us offending our perfect beautiful God.

Made that up from your own problems with the same. You ALREADY marginalized Calvinists. Don't blame me for your doing. You are seeing the world through your own colored glasses and refusing to walk a mile in another man's shoes. THAT causes infighting. You've done it. You've done that. I worked on mending that bridge. At least between you and me is a start.

:nono: This is about terms. "illegitimate" is an offensive term. We can do nothing about that if true. God can and did.

Incidentally, if you are worried about causing factions, why are you arguing with every Christian in this thread and defending 'homosexual' sensibilities??? :think: You confuse me at times between language, fighting with other Christians, and etc. There are a number of inconsistencies. I would expect, what you hate, you hate most about yourself and so the inner war comes out in discussion. I think Romans 8:58 covers you, but for a sounding board on my part... :e4e: -Lon

All are sinners.
All sin differently.
You have avoided my entire post by feeding off of others trying to discount my words, by making assumptions.

Are you less in need of Jesus than a gay man?

Lon

All are sinners.
All sin differently.
You have avoided my entire post by feeding off of others trying to discount my words, by making assumptions.

Are you less in need of Jesus than a gay man?
No. Has nothing to do with this thread.

We are talking about whether a term is appropriate or not. In a nutshell, if a term describes someone else' actions or trait, is it 'wrong' to use a term that describes that action or trait? Second. If the term is in the dictionary, is that term inappropriate to use? How 'could' that possibly be right or true? :confused: :idunno: I 'can' be offended that you call me 'Caucasian.' Does it make it wrong for you to call me that??? :nono:

Arthur Brain

Again, 'I personally don't like it' is all I'm getting. It IS a reputable site.

To who? Tabloid press outlets can claim to be reputable but I'm gonna get my news elsewhere. Frankly, 'gotquestions' is pretty much like a tabloid in that respect. Dumbed down and with it's own agenda and I've no time for it.

Arthur Brain

:nono: Pedophilia is exponentially problematic among homosexuals Defending a 'guy' in love, against God, is not a good trait. Love is no poor thing, but we do have to be wise or we love an abuser and thus hate the abused. I don't believe any homosexual in this thread was offended. In the long and short run, it is about one man's sensibilities about a term. If you called me a "cracker" or "chalk Asian" it is up to me whether I desire to be offended. While another may come in and think they are loving, they are somewhat a busybody. I am not a victim and choose to be nobody's punching bag. It is currently P.C. to be busybodies and march over another's business. Recognize the good and the bad of motives. Without wisdom, a good trait can become a bad one. A lot of violent marches likely started with some good intention or other.

Um, no. The "Family Research Institute" is a joke Lon. It's about as credible as getting your news from a shoe salesman. It might fit if you want it to but there's no one size fits all about any of it...

Lon

Um, no. The "Family Research Institute" is a joke Lon. It's about as credible as getting your news from a shoe salesman. It might fit if you want it to but there's no one size fits all about any of it...
Er, no. The study quoted says 'one in three' admitted to underage sex. Sorry, they didn't make that up.

Further, I've repeatedly cited .gov .ca and .eu sources, all of which confirm abuse, not deny it. You are putting your fingers in your ears. Why? You'll have to take that up with yourself. So, we are back to trying to discredit sources you don't particularly like? It may make sense to you, especially on repeat assertion, but it isn't a helpful debate tack imho. You are simply going to posture over the disagreements.

Lon

To who? Tabloid press outlets can claim to be reputable but I'm gonna get my news elsewhere. Frankly, 'gotquestions' is pretty much like a tabloid in that respect. Dumbed down and with it's own agenda and I've no time for it.

To everyone but you and anybody else in the minority that doesn't like fundamental evangelicals :sigh:

It IS the fundamental evangelical response. For the most part, I'd answer ever 'Biblical' question about the same. I'm very well-studied and educated over the matter. So, yet once again, it is simply you don't like it and that is all it will ever amount to. Your rejection is your own. It IS the fundamental evangelical response. Don't like it? Don't come to TOL and don't ask a question on GotQuestions. What is the point otherwise? :idunno:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Why today's teens are taking longer to grow up
"Teens aren't what they used to be.
The teen pregnancy rate has reached an all-time low. Fewer teens are drinking alcohol, having sex or working part-time jobs.
And as I found in a newly released analysis of seven large surveys, teens are also now less likely to drive, date or go out without their parents than their counterparts 10 or 20 years ago.

Some have tried to explain certain aspects of these trends. Today's teens are more virtuous and responsible, sociologist David Finkelhor has argued. No, says journalist Jess Williams, they're just more boring. Others have suggested that teens aren't working because they are simply lazy.
However, none of these researchers and writers has been able to tie everything together. Not drinking or having sex might be considered "virtuous," but not driving or working is unrelated to virtue -- and might actually be seen as less responsible. A lower teen pregnancy rate isn't "boring" or "lazy"; it's fantastic."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/22/health/teens-grow-up-slower-partner/index.html

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Al Franken will not step down even though he does feel embarrassed for the molestation he has committed, because he feels he can still make a beneficial difference in his job with the policies he promotes and supports.
The policies he supports should outweigh any sexual misconduct.

This has always been the way of the left.

In the Clinton scandals, the leftist women were saying that every woman should be ready and willing to get down on her knee-pads and blow Clinton just because he is upholding the policy of women's right to kill her baby, and that that alone outweighed any sexual misconduct he does.

These are party wars, not morality wars.

Reactions: Lon

rexlunae

Al Franken will not step down even though he does feel embarrassed for the molestation he has committed, because he feels he can still make a beneficial difference in his job with the policies he promotes and supports.
The policies he supports should outweigh any sexual misconduct.

This has always been the way of the left.

In the Clinton scandals, the leftist women were saying that every woman should be ready and willing to get down on her knee-pads and blow Clinton just because he is upholding the policy of women's right to kill her baby, and that that alone outweighed any sexual misconduct he does.

These are party wars, not morality wars.

...so get out there, and support the child molester who's on your team! Go team, go!