Hello everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightangel1282

that is the angel equivalent.

How about Gods or are there just more important guides?

tWINs

The answer to that question would take up MANY pages. If you want to know the ability of the various Gods and Goddesses of the pantheons, you'd be better off to look them up for yourself lol. I have a book listing many Gods and Goddesses from many different pantheons, detailing their origins and the roles they played in the culture they are affiliated with and the book is well over 600 pages long. :p

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
K, I don't know how to break up quotes, so I'll have to do this the hard way lol.

It's pretty easy. :)

1. I prayed for what most people pray for. Friends, financial stability, for the bullies to stop beating me up in school, etc. etc.

Oh. :plain:

Did you pray that your risen saviour, Jesus Christ would forgive you of all your sins?

2. History is one thing, but only if it has more than once source. I apologize, but I don't consider the bible to be historically accurate.

:squint: Do you know how many manuscripts confirm the accuracy of scripture?

3. I thought I answered why I was a pagan lol. It made a lot more sense to me than Catholicism, and with the experiences I've had with it, it leaves no doubt in my mind that it's the right faith for ME.

Yeah.

So, why are you a pagan?

4. What about mistletoe? LOL
Do pagans not like mistletoe? :idunno:

5. If I one day offend you, I will apologize for offending you, but not for expressing my opinion. :)

So you're sorry, but you're not going to do anything about it except say sorry? Remind me not to regard anything you say with much weight then. :)

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Hi! I just joined earlier today and finally decided to introduce myself.
I am a Pagan (I quantify myself as being a Witch more than a Wiccan). I am a very open minded individual and I am strong in my own faith. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own faith (or lack thereof) and if it makes you feel happy and fulfilled, then it's wonderful for you.
I hope to make friends of all faiths, and I also look forward to some good debates.

Blessed be!!
Hello. Who in the world got you interested in witches? Nichole Kidman?

Nightangel1282

It's pretty easy. :)

Oh. :plain:

Did you pray that your risen saviour, Jesus Christ would forgive you of all your sins?

:squint: Do you know how many manuscripts confirm the accuracy of scripture?

Yeah.

So, why are you a pagan?

Do pagans not like mistletoe? :idunno:

So you're sorry, but you're not going to do anything about it except say sorry? Remind me not to regard anything you say with much weight then. :)

1. Yes, I did and nothing happened.

2. Sorry, hun, but the evidence is nil, except for one or two cities that were mentioned and found archeologically. Unless you can find me evidence to the contrary from an NON biased source.

3. Didn't I answer this one already?

4. Sure I like mistletoe. I just don't understand what it has to do with the conversation lol

5. If I offend you and I say I'm sorry, what the heck else am I supposed to do? Drive down to where ever you live and give you a hug? :p

Nightangel1282

Hello. Who in the world got you interested in witches? Nichole Kidman?

Don't even go there. Hollywood is NOT an accurrate portrayal of Witchcraft, and no, Nichole Kidman had nothing to do with it. I found a beginners book in a book store, picked it up, read it front to back, and found it made more sense to me than Catholicism and Christianity.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Don't even go there. Hollywood is not an accurate portrayal of Witchcraft, and no, Nichole Kidman had nothing to do with it."
I'm just teasing. :p I avoid her movies so I wouldn't know what portrayal Hollyweird (Savage) gives.

"t made more sense to me than Catholicism and Christianity."

Catholicism, I agree. God gave one religion to the world--Judaism. Trust in Christ is the one and only way to heaven (Jn 14:6). Catholics teach: a different Jesus, a different gospel and a different way of salvation. I can see why Catholicism would not make sense to you. It does not make sense to historical, biblical Christians either. I ask Roman Catholics around here to consider the damage that their "pious" church has done (Rev. 3:14–22). Usually, they will not consider the issue (Matt. 15:9). Most people will not challenge their own beliefs.

Don't assume that Roman Catholics are Christians. No church membership will get you into heaven. Only trust in Christ alone saves a person (Eph 2:8, Ro 1:16).

See:

Roman Catholicism http://vananne.com/culttoasters/#Roman_Catholicism

So, are you a good witch or a bad witch?:peach:

See:

Witchcraft http://vananne.com/culttoasters/#Witchcraft

Is Witchcraft the Way? http://vananne.com/culttoasters/Witchcraft.htm

10 Q & A Magic Spells and Divination http://vananne.com/culttoasters/Magic Spells and Divination.PDF

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That's not the way of it though...you don't wait for the happening, you accept the happened. Ah, well. The day is young yet.
2. Sorry, hun, but the evidence is nil, except for one or two cities that were mentioned and found archeologically. Unless you can find me evidence to the contrary from an NON biased source.
There really isn't such a thing about anything, you know. :nono: :D
5. If I offend you and I say I'm sorry, what the heck else am I supposed to do? Drive down to where ever you live and give you a hug? :p
That's a grand idea. I'm all for hugs. :thumb: Sometimes I think my friend Stripe may have been hugged a little too hard as an infant, but he has a good heart, a normally clear head, a surprising bit of insight (considering his political orientation :D) and means well, even when he doesn't entirely appear to act the part.

Spitfire

That vananne.com website is really horribly designed.

It's almost as bad as some of the sites Dodge would post links to during his anti-Catholic harangues.

What ever became of Dodge, anyway? He decided he didn't believe in Christ's divinity anymore and turned into Jerzy?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
That vananne.com website is really horribly designed.
Is it just me, or does Spitfire look like a prostitute? (Prov 5:3). I would not suggest that is what you do for a living. I'm just talking about appearances.

You must not like the truth presented at vananne.com. Address the bad doctrine (Mt 23:27) and we can talk about style issues on another day.

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

What were you expecting to happen? :)

Uh .. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

3. Didn't I answer this one already?

What one?

4. Sure I like mistletoe. I just don't understand what it has to do with the conversation lol

Good answer. :thumb:

I would expect that if you are sorry you would cease from acting against me. But you said you wouldn't do so. So what's the use of saying sorry?

Nightangel1282

I'm just teasing. :p I avoid her movies so I wouldn't know what portrayal Hollyweird (Savage) gives.

Catholicism, I agree. God gave one religion to the world--Judaism. Trust in Christ is the one and only way to heaven (Jn 14:6). Catholics teach: a different Jesus, a different gospel and a different way of salvation. I can see why Catholicism would not make sense to you. It does not make sense to historical, biblical Christians either. I ask Roman Catholics around here to consider the damage that their "pious" church has done (Rev. 3:14–22). Usually, they will not consider the issue (Matt. 15:9). Most people will not challenge their own beliefs.

Don't assume that Roman Catholics are Christians. No church membership will get you into heaven. Only trust in Christ alone saves a person (Eph 2:8, Ro 1:16).

See:

Roman Catholicism http://vananne.com/culttoasters/#Roman_Catholicism

So, are you a good witch or a bad witch?:peach:

See:

Witchcraft http://vananne.com/culttoasters/#Witchcraft

Is Witchcraft the Way? http://vananne.com/culttoasters/Witchcraft.htm

10 Q & A Magic Spells and Divination http://vananne.com/culttoasters/Magic Spells and Divination.PDF

But I thought that the various branches of Christianity were formed from the Roman Catholic relgion? At least that's what I was told from many, many people (none RC's btw). I'm not going to get into a debate as to which form of Christianity is the true form, however, since I see no real point to it, as I don't believe in any forms of it myself, but as I say, each to their own. If it brings happiness into your life, then all the power to you. :)

I haven't had a chance yet to read those links, so I'll address them later. (I've been gone all day helping a friend out of town)

I love it when people ask if I'm a good (white) witch, or a bad (black) witch, because that is one of the most misunderstood aspects of witchcraft. There is no such thing as black or white magick (witches spell magick with a 'k' to distinguish it from illusionary stage magic), therefore, in actuality, there is no such thing as black or white witches. Magic is a tool, and admittedly, any tool can be used for good or ill intentions. I use magick to do good works, and to help make my life just a teeny bit easier. I suppose, if you wanted to use the term, (though I don't like it because it implies that there is good and bad magick, when in actuallity magick is completely neutral) I am a white (or good) witch. It all comes down to the individual person and their personal view as to whether casting a spell is justified or not in any given situation, and what the possible consequences of the spell might be. But here's something else to bear in mind. Just as the Christians have their golden rule, so do witches.

Eight words the witches creed doth fulfill,
as it harms none, do as thou will.

Nightangel1282

That's not the way of it though...you don't wait for the happening, you accept the happened. Ah, well. The day is young yet.

There really isn't such a thing about anything, you know. :nono: :D

That's a grand idea. I'm all for hugs. :thumb: Sometimes I think my friend Stripe may have been hugged a little too hard as an infant, but he has a good heart, a normally clear head, a surprising bit of insight (considering his political orientation :D) and means well, even when he doesn't entirely appear to act the part.

So even if all your prayers are unanswered and you're living a life that feels completely empty, unfulfilled and miserable, you simply accept it?

Well, if you can provide me evidence to suggest that the bible is absolute truth (without using the bible itself as a source), it might give me something to think about :)

Nightangel1282

What were you expecting to happen? :)

Uh .. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

What one?

Good answer. :thumb:

I would expect that if you are sorry you would cease from acting against me. But you said you wouldn't do so. So what's the use of saying sorry?

1. Well, I was kinda thinking that I would feel all the love and goodness of God and he would give me the additional strength I needed to deal with the problems I was experiencing in my life, but as I said, nothing happened. My life turned for the better after I found Paganism.

2. Actually, I do know what I'm talking about. When I say an unbiased source, I mean a source OTHER than the bible itself.

3. I keep getting asked why I became a Pagan and a Witch. I explained it already in a few posts.

4.No, I said I would apologize for offending you, but not for expressing my opinion. How do you think expressing my opinion on something is working against you? If you don't agree with my opinion, you don't agree with it. I'm not going to hold anything against you for expressing your beliefs to me. :)

Thunder's Muse

Hi Nightangel,

Don't worry about the interrogating...it's kind of tradition at TOL :)

After reading your posts, I think we may have a lot in common... I was raised Christian, bullied, was kinda agnostic for a while and was even a Witch when I joined TOL.. :)

I think you're gonna do fine here...

Oh, to split the posts, cut the last [/quote] and place it at the end of the first point you want to reply to. Then, highlight other points (1 at a time) and click the quote button on the toolbar on the top

Nightangel1282

[/QUOTE]Oh, to split the posts, cut the last [/quote] and place it at the end of the first point you want to reply to. Then, highlight other points (1 at a time) and click the quote button on the toolbar on the top[/QUOTE]

like this??

nope. hmm.... one more time

Nightangel1282

Hi Nightangel,

Don't worry about the interrogating...it's kind of tradition at TOL :)

Hi :) I don't mind the interrogating. There's nothing to teach you how much you know about something, then when someone starts asking you questions about it. Like I said, it's a learning experience ^_^

After reading your posts, I think we may have a lot in common... I was raised Christian, bullied, was kinda agnostic for a while and was even a Witch when I joined TOL.. :)

That's kind of cool :) It's nice to meet someone who can relate to me to some degree lol.

I think you're gonna do fine here...

I certainly hope so :)

Oh, to split the posts, cut the last
and place it at the end of the first point you want to reply to. Then, highlight other points (1 at a time) and click the quote button on the toolbar on the top[/QUOTE]

I hope I did it right.... LOL!!!! THANKS!!!!

Nightangel1282

Oh, to split the posts, cut the last
and place it at the end of the first point you want to reply to. Then, highlight other points (1 at a time) and click the quote button on the toolbar on the top[/QUOTE]

like this??[/QUOTE]

Not quite :)

When you quote someone, it will have:

you cut the [/quote] part and paste it at the end of the point you want to reply to, so it looks like this:

then you type your reply....

then highlight the next point and put that in quotes, so it will look like this:

Can someone explain this any better? I suck with technology...:D[/QUOTE]

I figured it out lol. Thanks :) You were a big help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.