Hello everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightangel1282

Hi! I just joined earlier today and finally decided to introduce myself.
I am a Pagan (I quantify myself as being a Witch more than a Wiccan). I am a very open minded individual and I am strong in my own faith. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own faith (or lack thereof) and if it makes you feel happy and fulfilled, then it's wonderful for you.
I hope to make friends of all faiths, and I also look forward to some good debates.

Blessed be!!

Nightangel1282

so why does a pagan join a Christian forum?

Well, given the fact that when I was registering on the site, both Paganism and Wicca were available for religious beliefs, I was under the impression that all faiths were welcome to come here. Besides, what can I say? I love a good debate :p

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Well, given the fact that when I was registering on the site, both Paganism and Wicca were available for religious beliefs, I was under the impression that all faiths were welcome to come here. Besides, what can I say? I love a good debate :p

do you know of any pagan forums where Christians join for debate?

Nightangel1282

do you know of any pagan forums where Christians join for debate?

Yeah, pretty much all of the Pagan forums I've been on have had Christians joining for the sole purpose of debating us, calling us Satan Worshipping heathens, and trying to convert us. Trust me, it happens a LOT.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yeah, pretty much all of the Pagan forums I've been on have had Christians joining for the sole purpose of debating us, calling us Satan Worshipping heathens, and trying to convert us. Trust me, it happens a LOT.

why would you prefer to debate a Christian rather than a pagan?

Nightangel1282

why would you prefer to debate a Christian rather than a pagan?

What point would there be to two people who don't really care what the other believes trying to hold a debate? That's pretty much the way most pagans think. Everyone's religious beliefs are their own concern and if your path makes you feel happy and at peace with yourself, then good on ya! Besides, what's the harm in debating with Christians? It's a learning experience as much as anything else. Although I highly doubt anybody will convert me, I might just learn something new. :)

Nightangel1282

Okay, possibly a dumb question here.... how the heck do I respond to posts left on my profile??? I'm probably blinder than a bat, but I can't see any post reply option lol.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The catholics and the pagans look like they're getting on here just fine .. :)

Hi, newbie. :wave:

Why are you a pagan?

Nightangel1282

The catholics and the pagans look like they're getting on here just fine .. :)

Hi, newbie. :wave:

Why are you a pagan?

Hi! Thanks for the welcome lol :)

I became a pagan for several reasons. First, I simply didn't feel right in the Catholic religion. I felt incomplete, and no matter how much faith I had in God, my prayers were never answered. Also, there is much inequality between men and women, numerous contradictions and unspeakable cruelty in the bible. I couldn't understand why people who believe the bible is the word of God felt they could pick and choose what passages are relevant, and which ones are not. I had a brief stint as an athiest, just studying a couple different religions (I almost became Buddhist), and when I found Paganism, it just clicked with me.
I hope I answered your question well enough and certainly hope nothing I wrote here offended you in any way. If you have any questions about my faith, feel free to ask and I will answer them to the best of my ability :)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I became a pagan for several reasons. First, I simply didn't feel right in the Catholic religion. I felt incomplete, and no matter how much faith I had in God, my prayers were never answered.

What were you praying for?

I had a prayer answered once. Ouch .. it hurt. :(

Also, there is much inequality between men and women

:chuckle: Yeah.

numerous contradictions and unspeakable cruelty in the bible.
You don't like history?

I couldn't understand why people who believe the bible is the word of God felt they could pick and choose what passages are relevant, and which ones are not.

Yeah, but I asked why you were a pagan. :)

I had a brief stint as an athiest, just studying a couple different religions (I almost became Buddhist), and when I found Paganism, it just clicked with me.

Was it the mistletoe?

I hope I answered your question well enough and certainly hope nothing I wrote here offended you in any way. If you have any questions about my faith, feel free to ask and I will answer them to the best of my ability :)

There will never be an end to the questions. :)

What will you do if you one day offend me?

Welcome to TOL, again .. :D

Spitfire

Okay, possibly a dumb question here.... how the heck do I respond to posts left on my profile??? I'm probably blinder than a bat, but I can't see any post reply option lol.
Either add a post to your own profile, or click the other's name or avatar to visit his or her profile and leave a message there.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hi! I just joined earlier today and finally decided to introduce myself.
Welcome. :e4e: I once worked with a Wiccan attorney. Lovely woman...mad as a bat in a ping pong ball factory, of course, but a fine litigator and a lovely, lovely woman. :D
I am a Pagan (I quantify myself as being a Witch more than a Wiccan).
What's the distinction?
I am a very open minded individual and I am strong in my own faith. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own faith (or lack thereof) and if it makes you feel happy and fulfilled, then it's wonderful for you.
Sure, you say that now, but once you find out my faith is only fulfilled by sacrificing Wiccans, then BAM it's off to the races. :D
I hope to make friends of all faiths, and I also look forward to some good debates.
Blessed be!!
Make a deal with you. I won't close every post with "As it was written." and you lay off the religious incantations too. :D

I'm kidding...I'll pretty much do that anyway. :shocked:
...I was under the impression that all faiths were welcome to come here.
Faiths? Sure. People...well that's another thing entirely. :think:

Welcome again. :e4e: Oh yeah...ahem...As it was written. :noid:

Status
Not open for further replies.