Hello everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightangel1282

What were you praying for?

I had a prayer answered once. Ouch .. it hurt. :(

:chuckle: Yeah.

You don't like history?

Yeah, but I asked why you were a pagan. :)

Was it the mistletoe?

There will never be an end to the questions. :)

What will you do if you one day offend me?

Welcome to TOL, again .. :D

K, I don't know how to break up quotes, so I'll have to do this the hard way lol.
1. I prayed for what most people pray for. Friends, financial stability, for the bullies to stop beating me up in school, etc. etc.

2. History is one thing, but only if it has more than once source. I apologize, but I don't consider the bible to be historically accurate.

3. I thought I answered why I was a pagan lol. It made a lot more sense to me than Catholicism, and with the experiences I've had with it, it leaves no doubt in my mind that it's the right faith for ME.

4. What about mistletoe? LOL

5. If I one day offend you, I will apologize for offending you, but not for expressing my opinion. :)

bucksplasher

I'll

I'll

pick number 3 as a point I'd like more information on if you have the time and inclination.

3. I thought I answered why I was a pagan lol. It made a lot more sense to me than Catholicism, and with the experiences I've had with it, it leaves no doubt in my mind that it's the right faith for ME.

How did you understand Catholicism?

What experiences proved Wickism to you?

tWINs

Nightangel1282

Welcome. :e4e: I once worked with a Wiccan attorney. Lovely woman...mad as a bat in a ping pong ball factory, of course, but a fine litigator and a lovely, lovely woman. :D

What's the distinction?

Sure, you say that now, but once you find out my faith is only fulfilled by sacrificing Wiccans, then BAM it's off to the races. :D

Make a deal with you. I won't close every post with "As it was written." and you lay off the religious incantations too. :D

I'm kidding...I'll pretty much do that anyway. :shocked:

Faiths? Sure. People...well that's another thing entirely. :think:

Welcome again. :e4e: Oh yeah...ahem...As it was written. :noid:

Okay, I'll try to explain this lol..... Paganism is an umbrella term, which wicca falls under. While witchcraft often DOES fall under that umbrella, it doesn't always. There are buddhist witches and even witches who follow the Christian god, but also worship a female figure as well (Usually the Virgin Mary).
So, here's how it works.... All wiccans are witches, but not all witches are wiccan. All wiccans are pagan, but not all pagans are witches. Finally, SOME witches are pagans (like me) others are not. It's complicated, I know lol.

As for my little 'blessed be' remark at the end of my opening post, it's just the equivalent of saying "God Bless You" lol. But if you find it to be offensive, then I'll stop typing it for you. :)

Nightangel1282

pick number 3 as a point I'd like more information on if you have the time and inclination.

How did you understand Catholicism?

What experiences proved Wickism to you?

tWINs

My entire family went to church every sunday until I was 15 years old and the church was closed down due to lack of funding and attendance, so I have a good grasp on Catholicism. (not to mention all the lectures my dad still occassionally gives me when it comes to "leaving that door open" ever since he found out I converted. He may not accept my beliefs but he does tolerate them as long as it doesn't interefere with his daily life)

And the experiences I had include my first conscious astral projection, meeting my spirit guide (the Christian equivallent of Guardian Angels), casting a spell and having it WORK, and the overall feeling of peace and contentment that paganism and witchcraft brought me. :)

Did that help clarify anything?

Nightangel1282

Either add a post to your own profile, or click the other's name or avatar to visit his or her profile and leave a message there.

Okay, I feel mildly retarded. I still can't figure out how to post a message on the profile. I can't see where it says "leave message" or "new post" on the profile pages. :(

Spitfire

Okay, I feel mildly retarded. I still can't figure out how to post a message on the profile. I can't see where it says "leave message" or "new post" on the profile pages. :(
It should be right down there below the tabs that say "visitor messages / about me / statistics" etc. Hmmm... maybe it's not possible until you have made more posts or have been a member longer. In which case those others will simply have to wait patiently for your response.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You will need to be a registered PLUS member to do that (two weeks and at least 50 posts).

bucksplasher

Since

Since

My entire family went to church every sunday until I was 15 years old and the church was closed down due to lack of funding and attendance, so I have a good grasp on Catholicism. (not to mention all the lectures my dad still occassionally gives me when it comes to "leaving that door open" ever since he found out I converted. He may not accept my beliefs but he does tolerate them as long as it doesn't interefere with his daily life)

And the experiences I had include my first conscious astral projection, meeting my spirit guide (the Christian equivalent of Guardian Angels), casting a spell and having it WORK, and the overall feeling of peace and contentment that paganism and witchcraft brought me. :)

Did that help clarify anything?

you believe in the equivalent of Angels do you believe in God or a higher power or THE DEVIL?

tWINs

Nightangel1282

It should be right down there below the tabs that say "visitor messages / about me / statistics" etc. Hmmm... maybe it's not possible until you have made more posts or have been a member longer. In which case those others will simply have to wait patiently for your response.

I didn't see any so I guess I'll have to wait lol. Thanks Spitfire ^_^

Nightangel1282

you believe in the equivalent of Angels do you believe in God or a higher power or THE DEVIL?

tWINs

The Devil is a Christian concept and has no place in paganism, wicca, or witchcraft. And Angels are a part of many, MANY faiths. Just because someone believes in angels, does not mean that they are speaking of the Christian or Catholic version of them. I believe in multiple Gods and Goddesses.

bucksplasher

Gods?

Gods?

The Devil is a Christian concept and has no place in paganism, wicca, or witchcraft. And Angels are a part of many, MANY faiths. Just because someone believes in angels, does not mean that they are speaking of the Christian or Catholic version of them. I believe in multiple Gods and Goddesses.

What might they be and do they have particular powers?

How do they differ from Angels?

tWINs

Nightangel1282

Sadly a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

TOL is large enough to get nailed pretty hard by spammers therefore we need to take measures to "certify" legitimate posters. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Of course if you don't want to wait we do offer cheap subscriptions.

I understand. There's quite a few forums that have the same rules for that very same reason. I'll just wait. It shouldn't take me long to get to fifty posts and two weeks isn't very long ^_^

Nightangel1282

What might they be and do they have particular powers?

How do they differ from Angels?

tWINs

Spirit Guides are believed by many to be incarnate human spirits who have simply decided not to reincarnate yet and have chosen instead to watch over a particular person, or sometimes persons. They can offer comfort when someone is going through hard times, and have even been known to communicate with their charges in their dreams. (this is actually how I met my own Spirit Guide for the first time. At first I thought it was merely a dream until she kept coming to me and offering me advice when I was going through difficult times)
Understand that these beliefs are not shared by all pagans. The beliefs structures of Pagans can vary from person to person, and do not reflect the beliefs of all pagans as a whole.

bucksplasher

So

So

Spirit Guides are believed by many to be incarnate human spirits who have simply decided not to reincarnate yet and have chosen instead to watch over a particular person, or sometimes persons. They can offer comfort when someone is going through hard times, and have even been known to communicate with their charges in their dreams. (this is actually how I met my own Spirit Guide for the first time. At first I thought it was merely a dream until she kept coming to me and offering me advice when I was going through difficult times)

that is the angel equivalent.

How about Gods or are there just more important guides?

tWINs

Status
Not open for further replies.