Have you learned the shema?

KingdomRose

The tetragramathon is used about 7000 times in the Hebrew scriptures.

Yes, :D and there is evidence that the NT writers used the Tetragrammaton. They certainly did when quoting from the OT, though the majority of translations do not honor that obvious fact. Jesus and his disciples would not have refused to speak the name of God. That was a silly superstition of the Jews that went into effect long after Moses and the other OT writers.

KingdomRose

I can show you God's name in Hebrew. Hebrew is read from right to left.

יהוה

The Hebrew letters here are yod hey vav hey. The New American Standard Bible simply says LORD.

Deuteronomy 6:4 NASB - "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!

IS that God's name? LORD?

KingdomRose

'J' is western.
There are no 'J's in Hebrew.
The name is YHVH, best pronounced
yehōvāh'
Yee-ho-vawh'.

That is fine. So how does someone become satisfied with "knowing" the Shema and yet refusing to speak the name of God that is found in the Shema in the original Hebrew? His name certainly isn't "LORD," is it?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
That is fine. So how does someone become satisfied with "knowing" the Shema and yet refusing to speak the name of God that is found in the Shema in the original Hebrew? His name certainly isn't "LORD," is it?

I don't know what you're referring to.

I do affirm that the true GOD is not confused about who one is addressing whether one addresses Him as LORD, GOD, Jehovah, Yaweh, Yehovah, etc. All things are laid bare and naked before Him with whom we have to do. He knows the thoughts and intents of the heart.
I don't believe someone is prohibited from approaching the true GOD because of being ignorant of pronouncing His name incorrectly.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I do affirm that the true GOD is not confused about who one is addressing whether one addresses Him as LORD, GOD, Jehovah, Yaweh, Yehovah, etc. All things are laid bare and naked before Him with whom we have to do. He knows the thoughts and intents of the heart.
I don't believe someone is prohibited from approaching the true GOD because of being ignorant of pronouncing His name incorrectly.
good post

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Amen!

chair

You mean like this:
cee27635e80f82c4669536d284af0859.jpg

NOTE: the top line is the original paleo-Hebrew pictographs/symbols/characters that Moses used.

pictographs2.gif

This is incorrect. The symbols that you show are a "reconstructed" Proto-Sinaitic alphabet that predates the Exodus. Moses would have used paleo Hebrew writing.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Hebrew_alphabet

beameup

This is incorrect. The symbols that you show are a "reconstructed" Proto-Sinaitic alphabet that predates the Exodus. Moses would have used paleo Hebrew writing.

The Hebrew writing found around the real Mt. Sinai (Jebel el Lawz) is of the style that I posted.
Of course, you are uninformed concerning the real location of the Temple in the City of David.
And you are also unaware of the real route of the Exodus including the Red Sea crossing-point.
So, it is understandable that you would be lacking accurate info on this subject as well.

chair

The Hebrew writing found around the real Mt. Sinai (Jebel el Lawz) is of the style that I posted.
Of course, you are uninformed concerning the real location of the Temple in the City of David.
And you are also unaware of the real route of the Exodus including the Red Sea crossing-point.
So, it is understandable that you would be lacking accurate info on this subject as well.

It gives people a really good feeling to think they know better than the rest of the world. That they know what is really going on. That "so-called experts" have ulterior motives- or there is a great conspiracy afoot. It gives a feeling of superiority and greater knowledge.

But it is usually a false feeling. You are not more knowledgeable- in reality you more ignorant. You are not superior- you are deliberately making yourself our to be dumber than you really are.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
YHWH is the sound of breathing. When God says not to use His name in vain, He's also saying not to live in vain either. If you pay attention all of the scriptures, you'll see that vanity is the universal sin.

The Jews understood God as a wind or spirit, in a more tangible sense than how He is interpreted today. This wasn't necessarily an exclusive concept either- being in an arid part of the world, sand devils were seen by some as actual deserts, and lamps would produce spirits from certain oils and resins. Like myrrh.

chair

YHWH is the sound of breathing. When God says not to use His name in vain, He's also saying not to live in vain either. If you pay attention all of the scriptures, you'll see that vanity is the universal sin.

The Jews understood God as a wind or spirit, in a more tangible sense than how He is interpreted today. This wasn't necessarily an exclusive concept either- being in an arid part of the world, sand devils were seen by some as actual deserts, and lamps would produce spirits from certain oils and resins. Like myrrh.

All very nice- but speculative.

TweetyBird

Ah. But I don't see where it says that this is about the messiah, or even a future king.

For Christians, it is the Messiah, Jesus Christ, The Son of God, the Offspring of David, the King and Lion from the Tribe of Judah. I understand that the Jewish people disagree with this.

TweetyBird

What Hebrew writing was found around Mt Sinai?

TweetyBird

Where did you come up with that concept?

Who is teaching you this nonsense?

TweetyBird

The text doesn't say anything about that.

The NT does, which is why I stated that Christians believe it is fulfilled in Jesus Christ. If one does not believe in Jesus Christ as the Messiah, they don't see it or understand it - hence the difference between your religion and Christianity.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Who is teaching you this nonsense?

How is it nonsense? Or does it just not do for your magical thinking :rolleyes:

While I sit here and watch you all hold a contest to see who has the most fairy tale rendition of interpretation, I choose to remain grounded to reality.

Lilstu

Ah. But I don't see where it says that this is about the messiah, or even a future king.

I agree. If one is careful to read the servant songs in Isaiah the text identifies the suffering servant as the sons of Israel.
The problem is many read Isaiah 53 out of context and are confused about its meaning.