GUNS!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know not of shooting a porcupine. But I am sure I don't want it near my house either. The possums don't get up from playing dead (they really do it) with my Ruger Air Hawk.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I'm going a different direction with this one.
'Glad you did. I'm a big fan of big holes. Whatever advantage the smaller hole weapons provide, I feel like the bigger holes makes up for it. A 12g slug is the biggest hole of them all. The limitation is the range, which is way less than a rifle of any sort.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When talking to an infantryman about him kicking in doors in Sadr City, the platoons still use them, with great effect.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Speaking of the US Army, this is their new standard issue side arm.

In a way, I am surprised the bureaucracy came to this decision.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is for those that think the 1911 is an antique. There is a reason it was used for 75 years as the standard side arm, and it still used at will by those that get to choose. The training standard the Army used was a 2 quick shots which will not be a tight group, but 6 to 8 inch dispersion. And with a bullet twice the mass of your average 9mm, there is no getting up.

And yeah, he trains as one should.

Last edited:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
For those that think the 1911 is an antique. There is a reason it was used for 75 years as the standard side arm, and it still used at will by those that get to choose. The training standard the Army used was a 2 quick shots which will not be a tight group, but 6 to 8 inch dispersion. And with a bullet twice the mass of your average 9mm, there is no getting up.
I didn't know that was Army standard training. I heard about this from I think Mas Ayoob but I could be wrong. He (or someone) advises: 1) two shots to the torso (just like the hero in the video did), followed by reassess, followed by 2) two more shots to the torso, followed by reassess, followed by 3) one shot to skull. #2 and #3 are only necessary if they're still a threat after #1, and in the video, there was no further need for lethal force since the criminal was incapacitated if not flat dead.

And yeah, he trains as one should.
What a treasure.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
And no, that doesn't mean to get rid of your G19, possibly the best all around choice for the masses.
Agreed, the Glocks are more foolproof than 1911s. I prefer the 1911 in part only because I am very comfortable with it, and by comparison I'm too nervous about how unsafe Glocks are. When there's a round chambered (which is really the only way you should ever carry a gun for self-defense IMO) 1911s have 3 manual safeties (including the trigger, thumb safety and grip safety) while Glocks only have one, the trigger. I've been carrying for over 10 years and I know from experience the types of unexpected things that can occur when you carry everyday and everywhere legal, even with a good holster and gun belt, though both those things are very important. I've had my gun actually pop out of its holster when I had to suddenly perform a bizarre movement with my leg, and it fell on the ground and bounced around, and I knew because of the design of the pistol there was never a threat of it firing. I just calmly picked it up and began to teach those around me (all of whom already knew I carried) what had just happened and explained the design of the gun to them and proved to them that they were never in any danger, which they weren't, because of those three manual safeties, all of which remained engaged. Only in the case that all three are simultaneously disengaged will that pistol fire a round; a beautiful thing IMO.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great video with some very outdated techniques, as well as some bad techniques.

The Narrator said:
Being a good shot at a stationary target is one thing, shooting when the target is moving or shooting back is something else

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since I mentioned 9mm, here is one test. There are several like this brand that has come out in the last decade. They are bonded bullets. The bullet will not fragment which allows full penetration with expansion making the 9mm possibly the best all around choice for the masses.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've had my gun actually pop out of its holster when I had to suddenly perform a bizarre movement with my leg, and it fell on the ground and bounced around, and I knew because of the design of the pistol there was never a threat of it firing.

I have had my issued G19 hit the deck while ready to fire. There is no other way to carry, it defeats the purpose. I have not seen a accidental discharge from the Glock. Negligent, yes. Finger in the trigger guard. Never accidentally. I am going to post some more 9mm ammo tests.

edit: it wasn't my ND. He was a PA.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have put my SKS Russian 1951 Tula model for sale on Armslist. Local buyer already said he'll take it. I am just clearing out and don't need it. If I replace it, I will replace it with an AKM.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I have put my SKS Russian 1951 Tula model for sale on Armslist. Local buyer already said he'll take it. I am just clearing out and don't need it. If I replace it, I will replace it with an AKM.

Good choice. ;)