GUNS!

I just read several articles and buyers posts of Rock Island Armory 1911s. No negative comments that couldn't be taken care of with sending the gun back. Anyone here with experience with RIA 1911s?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes sir but back when I first started shooting the Mil Spec 45 we didn't have all the bells and whistles we do today so we learned how to shoot with what we had and it worked!

Point as your finger. I assume you have seen the old training film. Much of the fundamentals are still the same. Some not, especially the way the instructor keeps flagging everybody.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just read several articles and buyers posts of Rock Island Armory 1911s. No negative comments that couldn't be taken care of with sending the gun back. Anyone here with experience with RIA 1911s?

Not that I know of. My buddy Elton has a 1911 of some sort that I have fired a few times and it was fine, but the truth is I still enjoy shooting my Hi Point as much as anything.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
:doh:

this is banned in nys:

trumark-ws-1-original-wrist-rocket-slingshot-3.jpg

i just ordered one from a private seller on ebay :banana:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
In a moment of weakness, I used it for a trade-in on a Sig P220 (.45 ACP). Beautiful gun, shoots great, 100% reliable, but it's not a 1911. I won't get rid of the P220, but my need for a 1911 is now satisfied.[/COLOR]

The Sig. P220 is at the top* of my very short list of acceptable (for me) handguns. :)

*I have not yet tried the P227

whitestone

Not that I know of. My buddy Elton has a 1911 of some sort that I have fired a few times and it was fine, but the truth is I still enjoy shooting my Hi Point as much as anything.

I agree,I've shot a .40 h.p. and was impressed,the more I look at the 9mm&380 the more I like them all. My hand size just don't let me feel comfortable with any of the smaller (concealed type) auto's the action eventually pinches the skin between my thumb and pointing finger(just to small to me) so the size of the H.P.'s fit and feel great(less recoil also). Not sure if anyone mentioned the guarantee yet or not but I like the Idea of always being able to send it in and get it fixed for free.

whitestone

I should I guess have mentioned "My favorite",seeing everyone else is,,as I said in other threads I ran multiple convenience stores ect. and settled into a colt police special .38 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Official_Police (probably makes some laugh) but in a rush(meaning actually being rushed at a counter) tunnel vision I found to hinder the ability to operate the safety,ect. function,,,so hence "point and squeeze,and the ability to do it in a panic",,,

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Parsing our country's sacred document

Parsing our country's sacred document

For those who plan to visit the NRA headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia, I would suggest you look at the big mural painting on the wall in the front lobby. It purports to be a quote of the 2nd amendment, but the words "well-regulated milita" are missing from the text!

Personally, I think it was left out deliberately to bypass the Founder's original intent.

Our common history is being betrayed by those who want to change the past so that the dishonest present and future become reality.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I own and use my grandfather's 410. And I am still tickled over the "open carry" law that used to be the norm in California up to the 1960s.

That was before the Black Panther organization began carrying weapons openly in order to "police the police." The free breakfast programs the panthers were offering for children were being patrolled by officers brandishing rifles and pistols.

Needless to say, after that development took place the "open carry" law was rapidly taken off the books.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree,I've shot a .40 h.p. and was impressed,the more I look at the 9mm&380 the more I like them all. My hand size just don't let me feel comfortable with any of the smaller (concealed type) auto's the action eventually pinches the skin between my thumb and pointing finger(just to small to me) so the size of the H.P.'s fit and feel great(less recoil also). Not sure if anyone mentioned the guarantee yet or not but I like the Idea of always being able to send it in and get it fixed for free.

:up: though I have, so far, never had the need.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
For those who plan to visit the NRA headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia, I would suggest you look at the big mural painting on the wall in the front lobby. It purports to be a quote of the 2nd amendment, but the words "well-regulated milita" are missing from the text!

Personally, I think it was left out deliberately to bypass the Founder's original intent.

Our common history is being betrayed by those who want to change the past so that the dishonest present and future become reality.
Forget the Bill of Rights, recall the Declaration of Independence: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

If you have a right to life, then you have a right to defend your life/self.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The NRA is not concerned with raising a militia. Which is a citizen army not run by the government. The second amendment guarantees your right to form your own army, and to arm yourselves. You do not have to have your own army to arm yourself.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

I must remember to send them another check. :plain: