ECT Great Commission

SaulToPaul 2

I already told you, it's both.

The gospel was preached to every nation, and the Apostles didn't finish preaching in every town of Israel before the destruction in 70AD.

The commission was given to the twelve. Did they complete it?

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all nations, and then shall the end come.

Did they before the end came?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It means what it says. What don't you understand?

Jesus was speaking specifically to His 12 Disciples.

He told His 12 Disciples that they would not finish preaching in the cities of Israel until He returned.

You deny that. You claim the Disciples died, and Jesus never returned like He promised them that He would.

SaulToPaul 2

Jesus was speaking specifically to His 12 Disciples.

He told His 12 Disciples that they would not finish preaching in the cities of Israel until He returned.

You deny that. You claim the Disciples died, and Jesus never returned like He promised them that He would.

Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel till the Son of Man be come.

How you can twist that is beyond me.

:wave2:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The commission was given to the twelve. Did they complete it?

Yes, the Apostle Paul tells us the gospel was preached to every known nation.

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all nations, and then shall the end come.

That's exactly what happened. The end came in 70AD

Did they before the end came?

The gospel was preached in every nation before the end came.

However, they did not finish preaching in all the cities of Israel before the destruction came in 70AD

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel till the Son of Man be come.

How you can twist that is beyond me.

:wave2:

You're the one twisting it and trying to make it fit your Dispensationalism.

Maybe the KJV is confusing you. Try a modern translation:

(Matt 10:23 NIV) When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Also, read Luke 21 and compare it to Matt 10

1) Both warn of persecution to the Disciples

2) Both say the persecution comes from Jews

3) Both tell how the Disciples will be brought before governors and kings

4) Both tell how the Disciples will be given appropriate words by the Holy Spirit to defend themselves.

5) Both tell how family members will betray them

6) Both tell how the Disciples will be hated because of Christ Jesus

7) Both tell the Disciples to endure to the end

8) Both tell the Disciples to flee when danger threatens their lives.

9) Both tell that Jesus would return during the Disciples lifetimes.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Did you ever hear of resurrection?

Go back and read the passage in Matt 10

It speaks of the Disciples enduring persecution, standing before governors and kings, fleeing from persecution, etc.

None of that happened from Matt 10 to the resurrection.

There was no persecution of Jesus' Disciples until Stephen, which was a few years after the resurrection.

Care to take another crack at it?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They didn't

Correct, because the destruction happened in 70AD.

The Matt 10:23 prophecy played out exactly how Jesus said it would.

Dispensationalism can't fit Matt 10:23 into its false eschatology.

It's why Dispensationalists have no explanation for Matt 10:23

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was something they were doing that the Pharisees made them do.

I see we have to go right back to Matthew 10 as you claim the Pharisee told them to not go to the gentiles.

5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.... 23 When they persecute you in this city, flee to another. For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

You won't find it in the law of Moses.

This is a main reason Israel was split into two, but whatever. Solomon's non-Israelite wives which caused the worship of idols.

I asked you to show us where in the OT Israelites were forbidden from entering a Gentile's house?

5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.... 23 When they persecute you in this city, flee to another. For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

You are going to have to do legwork his time. Copying and pasting myself is as far as I will go with a nutter like you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I see we have to go right back to Matthew 10 as you claim the Pharisee told them to not go to the gentiles.

Before the cross to tell them the kingdom of God was near.

After the cross, they were told to go to all the nations.

This is a main reason Israel was split into two, but whatever. Solomon's non-Israelite wives which caused the worship of idols.

As I said, the Israelites were not supposed to worship pagan gods, but they were supposed to be a light to the Gentiles.

Right Divider

Body part
Go back and read the passage in Matt 10

It speaks of the Disciples enduring persecution, standing before governors and kings, fleeing from persecution, etc.

None of that happened from Matt 10 to the resurrection.

There was no persecution of Jesus' Disciples until Stephen, which was a few years after the resurrection.

Care to take another crack at it?
I wasn't talking about the resurrection of Jesus.

Right Divider

Body part
Correct, because the destruction happened in 70AD.

The Matt 10:23 prophecy played out exactly how Jesus said it would.

Dispensationalism can't fit Matt 10:23 into its false eschatology.

It's why Dispensationalists have no explanation for Matt 10:23
You are so confused about so many things because your entire eschatology is based on a few verses of scripture. Then you try to force the entire rest of the Bible into some sort of twisted pretzel to make it all fit. This includes your ridiculous "everything was 'spiritually' fulfilled" nonsense.

You are just impossible to communicate with since you'll say anything as long as it suits your twist. You must be a big Chubby Checker fan!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xbK0C9AYMd8

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I wasn't talking about the resurrection of Jesus.

So you're claiming Jesus told the 12 Disciples they wouldn't finishing preaching in the cities of Israel until they saw Him at their own resurrection?

Is that seriously what you are claiming?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are so confused about so many things because your entire eschatology is based on a few verses of scripture.

How many verses about end times, last days, soon, end of the ages, etc do you want me to list in addition to Matt 24:34 and Matt 16:28, not to mention all of Revelation?

Then you try to force the entire rest of the Bible into some sort of twisted pretzel to make it all fit. This includes your ridiculous "everything was 'spiritually' fulfilled" nonsense.

Nope, that's what you do in order to try and make your Dispensationalism work.

Right Divider

Body part
So you're claiming Jesus told the 12 Disciples they wouldn't finishing preaching in the cities of Israel until they saw Him at their own resurrection?

Is that seriously what you are claiming?
Do you have some problem with them finishing the job at some later time?

Jesus can raise anyone any time that He likes.

This looks like it could mean just that.
Mat 10:23 KJV But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
Do you think that James was helping out in 70AD?
Act 12:1-2 KJV Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. (2) And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.
Maybe you need to rethink your story.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you have some problem with them finishing the job at some later time?

There is nothing Jesus, Paul, Peter, John, or anyone else in the NT said about a 2,000 year(and counting) gap, or "finishing the job" at a later time.

Jesus can raise anyone any time that He likes.

Jesus never said that He would do such a thing, but for arguments sake, even if true, what's that have to do with anything?

This looks like it could mean just that.

Er, no.

It doesn't mean what you claim.

Do you think that James was helping out in 70AD?

Nope.

That's why Jesus said SOME of them would not taste death until He returned.

Only SOME of them were still alive in 70AD

Right Divider

Body part
Only SOME of them were still alive in 70AD
Then how were they goes to judge the twelve tribes from twelve thones?
Mat 19:28 KJV And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Oh, that's right, it's a spiritual kingdom with spiritual thrones and spiritual apostles spiritually judging the twelve spiritual tribes of spiritual Israel.
Luk 22:29-30 KJV And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; (30) That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
And they're eating spiritual food and drinking spiritual drink at the spiritual table.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then how were they goes to judge the twelve tribes from twelve thones?

Maybe a modern version will help you

(Matt 19:28 NIV) Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

"at the renewal of all things" happened in 70AD

The Son of Man sat on His glorious throne in 70AD

Since 70AD, the Saints have been reigning with Christ Jesus in the kingdom (who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel)

Oh, that's right, it's a spiritual kingdom

Correct

with spiritual thrones and spiritual apostles spiritually judging the twelve spiritual tribes of spiritual Israel.

Read Revelation, there are real thrones.

Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Israel of God, they are the children of Abraham.

Stop looking to the flesh for everything.