Good Friday?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jamie, I really wonder if the reason you and others can't follow what I'm saying is because you really haven't reasoned this out for yourself and are actually just defending someone else's opinion which you simply like and repeat.

This is not that hard to understand!

You really don't even understand what it is you disagree with me.

achduke

-

When I first came online back in 1997, someone on an Excite forum told me
that internet forums are the armpit of the internet. I've since learned for
myself that he was right.

Internet forums are not a good place to learn. They're dominated by
backyard theologians and self-made linguists; and typically fester with
quarrels, ad hominems, and perpetual bull sessions that never get to the
bottom of anything.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I have actually been online since the 80s predating the graphical Internet. Sometimes learning is not from others but from others challenging me. Still I do find myself learning from others. Maybe there is that one thing I have overlooked my whole life. It amazing still finding new things in the bible.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Exo 12:6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

According to Brown-Driver-Briggs evening in Exodus 12:6 means between the evenings. One evening begins at noon, and the evening sacrifice occurs at mid afternoon, and the other evening begins at sunset.

It's my understanding that Jesus died at mid afternoon on Wednesday, Nisan 14, 30 CE and was entombed as Thursday, Nisan 15 began, which was a Sabbath. Jesus was raised as Sunday, Nisan 18 began.

And you believe what?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
According to Brown-Driver-Briggs evening in Exodus 12:6 means between the evenings.

I agree with that.

One evening begins at noon, and the evening sacrifice occurs at mid afternoon, and the other evening begins at sunset.

I don't agree with that.

Between the evenings means about an hour before sunset and about an hour after sunset.

It's my understanding that Jesus died at mid afternoon on Wednesday, Nisan 14, 30 CE and was entombed as Thursday, Nisan 15 began, which was a Sabbath. Jesus was raised as Sunday, Nisan 18 began.

That does not line up with the chronology of the texts.

The Lord Jesus instructed His disciples to make ready the Passover meal on the day that the lambs were sacrificed by Israel, which according to the commandment is the 14th.
Therefore Christ could not have died on the 14th. There is no way that He could have died on the 14th, according to the text.
He ate the Passover with His disciples after sundown of the 14th, at the beginning of the 15th.

And you believe what?

You know Jamie, with all that I laid out in Rstrats thread Mt 12:40, and then I read that you don't read long posts, then all that I've plainly said in this thread, I really don't believe you read and think about what I strive so hard to explain.

Why should I continue to repeat myself?
I've explained it so many times before and you either don't read or are incapable of comprehension.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jamie, what is the number of this day according to the law?

Luk 22:7 Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
ANYBODY, what is the number of this day according to the law?

Luk 22:7 Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jamie, what is the number of this day according to the law?

In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover. (Leviticus 23:5 KJV)​

daqq

ANYBODY, what is the number of this day according to the law?

14 Abib, between the evenings, (epiphoskos-firstlight of 14 Abib).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Between the evenings means about an hour before sunset and about an hour after sunset.

Do you believe the Jews killed, gutted and skinned thousands of animals in two hours?

Do you believe animals were killed in the dark? But since this was the 15th there would have been a full moon.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover. (Leviticus 23:5 KJV)​

Good! I agree.

Is vs 8 to be understood as occurring on the same day, the 14th?

Luk 22:8 And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you believe the Jews killed, gutted and skinned thousands of animals in two hours?

Nope. On the 14th, I expect it went on all afternoon.

Do you believe animals were killed in the dark? But since this was the 15th there would have been a full moon.

I think that the sacrifices could have taken place at any time on the afternoon of the 14th until sundown of the 14th.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
14 Abib, between the evenings, (epiphoskos-firstlight of 14 Abib).

:thumb:

Do you agree that the Lord Jesus sent His disciples to make ready the Passover on that day as it says in vs8?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Is vs 8 to be understood as occurring on the same day, the 14th?

Luk 22:8 And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.

7 Then came the Day of Unleavened Bread, when the Passover must be killed. 8 And He sent Peter and John, saying, “Go and prepare the Passover for us, that we may eat.”

9 So they said to Him, “Where do You want us to prepare?”

10 And He said to them, “Behold, when you have entered the city, a man will meet you carrying a pitcher of water; follow him into the house which he enters. 11 Then you shall say to the master of the house, ‘The Teacher says to you, “Where is the guest room where I may eat the Passover with My disciples?” ’ 12 Then he will show you a large, furnished upper room; there make ready.”

13 So they went and found it just as He had said to them, and they prepared the Passover. (Luke 22:7-13 NKJV)​

Was the Passover prepared in a furnished upper room?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
-

When I first came online back in 1997, someone on an Excite forum told me
that internet forums are the armpit of the internet. I've since learned for
myself that he was right.

Internet forums are not a good place to learn. They're dominated by
backyard theologians and self-made linguists; and typically fester with
quarrels, ad hominems, and perpetual bull sessions that never get to the
bottom of anything.

Are you pointing at everyone but yourself in this statement?

I neglected to include recriminations, wiseacre retorts, and toxic rejoinders.

Internet forums are an excellent place to hone one's churl skills.

Are you pointing at everyone but yourself in this statement?

Well......are you?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think that the sacrifices could have taken place at any time on the afternoon of the 14th until sundown of the 14th.

So you agree that "between the evenings" does not refer to an hour after sundown, right?

daqq

According to Brown-Driver-Briggs evening in Exodus 12:6 means between the evenings. One evening begins at noon, and the evening sacrifice occurs at mid afternoon, and the other evening begins at sunset.

And you believe what?

Can you give Torah support for the portion highlighted in yellow please? :)

Related:

7 Then came the Day of Unleavened Bread, when the Passover must be killed. 8 And He sent Peter and John, saying, “Go and prepare the Passover for us, that we may eat.”

9 So they said to Him, “Where do You want us to prepare?”

10 And He said to them, “Behold, when you have entered the city, a man will meet you carrying a pitcher of water; follow him into the house which he enters. 11 Then you shall say to the master of the house, ‘The Teacher says to you, “Where is the guest room where I may eat the Passover with My disciples?” ’ 12 Then he will show you a large, furnished upper room; there make ready.”

13 So they went and found it just as He had said to them, and they prepared the Passover. (Luke 22:7-13 NKJV)
Was the Passover prepared in a furnished upper room?

Related:

:thumb:

Do you agree that the Lord Jesus sent His disciples to make ready the Passover on that day as it says in vs8?

From the time of water drawing till sundown is enough for that and the Seder. :)

WeberHome

-
Q: Why make a big deal out of identifying the three days and three nights
that Christ predicted he'd be dead and buried as per Matt 12:40?

A: Christ's resurrection is no trivial matter. According to 1Cor 15:1-4 it's one
of the two cardinal elements of the gospel that must be believed in order to
escape the lake of fire depicted at Rev 20:10-15; so if somebody thinks the
correct chronology of crucifixion week is irrelevant then they need to revise
their estimation of that chronology's importance in the minds of people with
a head on their shoulders.

If intelligent people can't be shown where and how to find those three days
and three nights, then nobody has any right whatsoever to expect them to
believe in Christ's resurrection. I think the Devil knows this and that's why
he instigates arguments to cloud the issue; because Christ's resurrection is
Christianity's Achilles heel. If it cannot be shown from the Bible that Christ
was dead and buried as predicted, then in my estimation, Christ's followers
are no less fanatics, and no less gullible, than the followers of Siddhartha
Gautama and L. Ron Hubbard.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Can you give Torah support for the portion highlighted in yellow please?

We know from Torah there are two evenings.

And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening. (Exodus 12:6 KJV)

And they shall eat the flesh in that night roast with fire, and unleavened bread, and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.
(Exodus 12:8 KJV)​

When does morning end?