Give me biblical support for Christmas.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
He's pouring on the religion isn't he!

Kinda funny that he brings all this up since he believes everyone (including all those pagan god worshipers, tithers, and fir tree cutters) is guaranteed salvation.
It's a peculiar sort of complaint.

Of course your fearless...too sophisticated...all that is beneath you
When you tag people you don't know with feeling superior do you think that's more funny than hypocritical, or more hypocritical than funny?

Why you bringing it in and decorating it? Peer pressure?
A Christmas tee? Because it's more pleasant to look at that way.

Why only for Christmas?
Because it's a Christmas tree. :plain:

No one else does otherwise?
It's a Christmas tree.

I have seen hundreds of these trees in the alley or by the curb waiting to be desposed of...seems excessive...
I buy live trees and plant them on my acreage. My favorites are the one planted in our first year of marriage, the one we planted before Jack arrived and the one we planted on his first Christmas. :)

clefty

I'm immune to a fir tree being a god that can do anything for me or against me.

Silly isn't it.

Silly, wasn't it.

We don't always use a fir tree at all.
And when we did, we cut one out of our pasture that we didn't want growing there in the first place.

It's a hunk of wood, Clefty. It can't harm you or help you.

I know right? That is exactly what Jeremiah said:

"They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good."

That is exactly why he said this to start with "Learn not the way of the heathen" why?

For the customs of the people are vain: nothing there about worship just all is in vain or vanity...

Jeremiah continues with an immediate comparison of a silly fir tree or such and well what we should be focused on and spending our energy with...

"Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O Lord; thou art great, and thy name is great in might.

7 Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? for to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none like unto thee.

Again what are we not to be like?

8 But they are altogether brutish and foolish: the stock is a doctrine of vanities.

9 Silver spread into plates is brought from Tarshish, and gold from Uphaz, the work of the workman, and of the hands of the founder: blue and purple is their clothing: they are all the work of cunning men.

Hmmmm...absolutely nothing there about worship...just vanities...

Here is what is important:

10 But the Lord is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

Now what would spark his indignation? Maybe doing what the pagans do and just for vanity? After all He has done for us and we still expect Him to do for us and this is what you choose?

The images and symbols and decorations are DETESTABLE and an ABOMINATION not because they are mute harmless impotent lifeless oh did I mention harmless things...but because they are simply vanity and distract us from what He wants and doesn't want from HIS people...

As if He is threatened by a golden calf...blue and purple clothing...a decorative tree...

But because it causes you to sin...disobey...and rebel...that thing of vanity will cause Him to lose you...

He is jealous after all...His Son affirmed it...and recommended we do His will...and pray it is actually done on earth as it is in heaven...

But you're immmune you claim...VANITY

clefty

Spiritual

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Yes...I understand what you mean...but I leave it as Israel...He clarified there are some who claim to be and are not...and the Zionist state of abomination claiming to be is not...you can tell by the fruit...

In Him no Jew or Gentile...a new man indeed....and a priestly nation believing and doing what His people have always supposed to be and do...like the church in the wilderness...

keypurr

Yes...I understand what you mean...but I leave it as Israel...He clarified there are some who claim to be and are not...and the Zionist state of abomination claiming to be is not...you can tell by the fruit...

In Him no Jew or Gentile...a new man indeed....and a priestly nation believing and doing what His people have always supposed to be and do...like the church in the wilderness...

Amen, we need to activate our love for God to mankind.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

clefty

I would get into the bit about what "cutteth" means, but folks are gonna believe what they want to. But cutteth is tied in with covenant.
They have a covenant with the made idol because they think that hunk of wood can actually do something as their god.

And the word "workmen" isn't talking about just swinging an axe as a lumberjack. They are skilled craftsmen/carpenters/engravers/masons.
Is 44:12 uses the same Hebrew words translated with workman as "smith" and axe as "tongs".

I mean, come on folks, we have Israel cutting down trees and covering those hunks of wood with silver and gold for the temple and it's furniture.

Yup they sure did...and because Yah told them to...imagine that...He also instructed to make a bronze serpent...and then to kill people and take their stuff and land...oh and for Hosea to marry a prostitute...

Looks like He didn't mean anything at all regarding the 10...

So do what thou wilt...it's a blast right?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
(5) They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

clefty

It's very telling that some folks are afraid of hunks of wood, plaster, metal, etc., as if they can hurt or help them.

I doubt Yah's relationship to hunks of wood, plaster, metal, etc is rooted in fear...or based on apprehension because all this material can or cannot hurt or help Him...but it is safe to say HE HATES THEM...finds them abominable and detests them...abhors them...oh and His Son does too...read of His hatred for them in the letters to the churches in the book of revelations...

But I don't think it's because the Father and the Son are scaredy cats or silly...

clefty

Tithing
Malachi 3:10-12 King James Version (KJV)

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

Trinity

That is the Old Testament...too Jewish...its been destoyed ok?...LOL

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
GOD hates that some think a hunk of wood can help or hurt them (give them a blessing or curse).
People that trust GOD instead of hunks of wood already know hunks of wood are nothing to be afraid of.

(5) They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

I have no fear of decorated fir trees because GOD tells me not to afraid of them.

clefty

When you tag people you don't know with feeling superior do you think that's more funny than hypocritical, or more hypocritical than funny?
C) neither...how about that? In this case she boasts she is above the awe inspiring seduction of something looking so pretty...ironic spending big money and much time all to insist "what this old dress?" Fear is broader than fear of seeing a shadow or monster...it is awe veneration adoration "I LOVE IT!" and yet she still claims she is not moved by it all...so C) neither...wasn't trying to be funny and not at all hypocritical...I too am muted frozen brought to tears and moved by beauty...it is a struggle as to WHY I do which I hope none of us are immune to...

A Christmas tee? Because it's more pleasant to look at that way.
then call it something else bring it in and decorate it...if it is pretty at Christmas time for Christmas reasons it will also be pretty in June...if alive...lol...that is exactly the problem with idols as perishable tools to the spiritual realm...even the bronze serpent had its due season of visitation...thus STOP USING THEM

Because it's a Christmas tree. :plain:
why? What does it have to do with christ mass? Let alone birth?

It's a Christmas tree.
so because no one else does is the determinant...why not start a new tradition as some lazily do...or heroically....have the tree till march or claim to have Christmas all year round...either way you aren't following others then...but known as the one who started all year Christmas trees...because Jesus's birth is celebrated every day right?

I buy live trees and plant them on my acreage. My favorites are the one planted in our first year of marriage, the one we planted before Jack arrived and the one we planted on his first Christmas. :)
supra...I mean super

I will write you down as following the sentimental eco friendly pagans...

Last edited:

clefty

pretty sure heathens breathe air and drink water

should we stop breathing air and drinking water?

The pattern if you can keep up is this...His people do something He gave or instructed and those that no longer wish to be His people counterfeit it for other purposes...

So...His people were created to breath and to drink water yes? But them later pagans followed them...copied them...but also added cigarettes/weed to air and alcohol to water...for a blast ya dig?

so if we breath and drink water now...are we following pagans or what was created for us...how about if we add cigarette/weed or alcohol...NOW who are we following...

Which should we stop doing?

clefty

GOD hates that some think a hunk of wood can help or hurt them (give them a blessing or curse).
People that trust GOD instead of hunks of wood already know hunks of wood are nothing to be afraid of.

I have no fear of decorated fir trees because GOD tells me not to afraid of them.

Your decorated fir tree helps you by making your place look pretty for a holiday you accept...and you get acceptance compliments and high esteem from family and friends ...oh and it helps you think of baby Jesus and stuff...

Your decorated fir tree hurts you because well HE HATES IT AND THOSE THAT DONT...

Deuteronomy 7:26 Do not bring a detestable thing into your house or you, like it, will be set apart for destruction. Regard it as vile and utterly detest it, for it is set apart for destruction.

6days

A TOL member asked why I mocked Mickiel. *I'm not sure if 'mocking' is the correct term but I do believe Mickiel is a phoney religious hypocrite...very much like the pharisees. He claims he is not religious yet his whole modus operandi is condemning anyone who isn't as religious as himself. He seems uninterested in how sincere others are in their worship.

Also, Mickiel relied on links from heretics, quacks and cults. Here are two people that he linked to...

David C Pack has always had an appalling reputation in the Church of God for mistreating people. That mistreatment is even more profound now that he is the leader of the splinter personalty cult, the Restored Church of God.

Tacked on to that mistreatment is his outrageous demands for money to be sent in. In order to divert attention away from his abysmal prophetic failure in 2013, he is dumping millions of dollars into his cult"[compound

https://realtruth.org/articles/111229-001.html

Next link Mickiel providex was to a quack Doctor...The info on...."Lorraine Jeanette Day, M.D., would like you to believe that she has discovered the answer to cancer. She would also like you to believe that her experience as a patient has qualified her to give advice about cancer. She warns people not to trust the medical profession and claims that all drugs can cause cancer. Her Web site states that "the entire foundation of conventional medicine is based on ERROR." [/i]
https://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/day.html

Also...Dr. Lorraine Day seems to be a bit of a whacky conspiracy theorist. She says things such as "In other words, the Global plan is for us to live on the level of third world nations. That means limited use of fuel of any kind (we will ride bicycles instead of riding in automobiles), no air-conditioning, and we will all be forced to live in tiny apartments in tenement buildings in the middle of a city."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your decorated fir tree helps you
No it doesn't. It does nothing.

by making your place look pretty t
My place is pretty with or without a fir tree.

for a holiday you accept
It won't end my world if the holiday is done away with.
I hope it's not done away with though, because I really enjoy that family gets off work and all be together for a good time.

...and you get acceptance compliments and high esteem from family and friends
Horrors!

oh and it helps you think of baby Jesus and stuff
Horrors!

Your decorated fir tree hurts you because well HE HATES IT AND THOSE THAT DONT
It doesn't hurt me at all.
Jesus loves me.

Deuteronomy 7:26 Do not bring a detestable thing into your house or you, like it, will be set apart for destruction. Regard it as vile and utterly detest it, for it is set apart for destruction.
Law for the twelve tribes of Israel.

I don't rely on my own righteousness.
I'm not the one. Rom 5:18

I do not frustrate the grace (UNMERITED favor) of GOD.

Galatians 2:21 KJV​
(21) I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.​

If you are relying on your own righteousness, you are relying on the wrong one.