From the same lump of clay.

Epoisses

I've been using that teaching of Peter for years and that's the main reason I left the denominations, because they ignore it. Why do you bother clicking on my posts if you are so convinced I'm a charlatan? I don't watch sport so I'd never visit a sport channel...

Maybe you should go back a be a light to those who are in darkness. No church is perfect and you seem to have some faith. The church I attend teaches the performance gospel and the pastor might mention grace one Sunday out of ten. I don't say anything because they wouldn't understand so I just pray for them and speak a word here and there. Most of the members think if they give some money to the church every week they will be saved. This is whats out there so why run from it.

Truster

Maybe you should go back a be a light to those who are in darkness. No church is perfect and you seem to have some faith. The church I attend teaches the performance gospel and the pastor might mention grace one Sunday out of ten. I don't say anything because they wouldn't understand so I just pray for them and speak a word here and there. Most of the members think if they give some money to the church every week they will be saved. This is whats out there so why run from it.

WHAT FELLOWSHIP HATH LIGHT WITH DARKNESS.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You call me a calvinist when I have stated so many times I am not.

Your fruit shows you are a Calvin follower.

Calvinists are the only ones who believes themselves as the elect and have the elitism attitude.

they are the only ones who believe they are chosen to be saved and elect, and others are chosen to be unsaved.

Epoisses

WHAT FELLOWSHIP HATH LIGHT WITH DARKNESS.

I just read your signature so I would like to know your opinion on works as the fruit of justification as taught by James and Jesus. Oh and by the way Jesus was God and higher than Paul.

Truster

I just read your signature so I would like to know your opinion on works as the fruit of justification as taught by James and Jesus. Oh and by the way Jesus was God and higher than Paul.

Yah Shua IS Elohim, not "was".

The works are the workings of trust from a pure heart (will). Anything not done in the exercise of trust is sin. The former is a sweet smelling savour, Messiah loved it when people came in trust, and the latter is a sacrifice to Satan. He thrives on sin as a sacrifice to his temporal kingdom, but will devour sinners in the practice of their wickedness.

PS That is not "my opinion" that is truth. Whether or not you can receive it as such is out of my hands.

marhig

What do you mean by the performance gospel? Thanks

Truster

What do you been by the performance gospel? Thanks

I've never heard the term before, but it would mean the teaching of what men must perform in seeking favour from the Eternal Almighty...works salvation. Instead of trust in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah, alone.

marhig

I've never heard the term before, but it would mean the teaching of what men must perform in seeking favour from the Eternal Almighty...works salvation. Instead of trust in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah, alone.

I believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and i believe that we are to follow him and live by the will of God. And God saves us through faith by his grace, i believe that we are to do works too, that we are to listen to our conscience and live right before God, and in doing so we are obeying him. But the works we do are because God has changed our hearts, and the power of the Holy Spirit helps us to overcome our flesh daily. And it's all done through Christ Jesus. Without God and Christ we could do nothing!

Truster

I believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and i believe that we are to follow him and live by the will of God. And God saves us through faith by his grace, i believe that we are to do works too, that we are to listen to our conscience and live right before God, and in doing so we are obeying him. But the works we do are because God has changed our hearts, and the power of the Holy Spirit helps us to overcome our flesh daily. And it's all done through Christ Jesus. Without God and Christ we could do nothing!

You believe in the historical tale called a gospel. It is a firm belief that a man named Jesus (Not the name of Messiah) who lived and died in a country now called Israel. That does not save. It is just history. You probably "believe' in William Shakespeare as well, so what? (Rhetorical?)

marhig

You believe in the historical tale called a gospel. It is a firm belief that a man named Jesus (Not the name of Messiah) who lived and died in a country now called Israel. That does not save. It is just history. You probably "believe' in William Shakespeare as well, so what? (Rhetorical?)

what?

No i believe in the gospel of God which his son Jesus Christ preached and lived by!

Truster

what?

No i believe in the gospel of God which his son Jesus Christ preached and lived by!

Messiah didn't "live by" the evangelism He is the evangelism. The clue as to what evangel means is in the fact that taking away ev leaves you with angel. Selah or go figure.

marhig

Messiah didn't "live by" the evangelism He is the evangelism. The clue as to what evangel means is in the fact that taking away ev leaves you with angel. Selah or go figure.
Oh yes he did, he says that he came to do the will of God and bare witness to the truth, if he bore witness to the truth, then he lived by the truth. It says in the Bible that he began to do and teach, not just teach but do as well?. Jesus didn't just preach the word, but he lived by it too, and he was tempted in all points as we are yet he never sinned, and he is our perfect example to follow. And if we truly follow him, then we will live by faith, by the will of God, deny ourselves, bare our cross, and by the grace of God, Christ through the Spirit will strengthen us to overcome our flesh and this world.

He said "have no fear, for i have overcome the world" and he will strengthen those who are born of God to do the same too.

Truster

Oh yes he did, he says that he came to do the will of God and bare witness to the truth, if he bore witness to the truth, then he lived by the truth. It says in the Bible that he began to do and teach, not just teach but do as well?. Jesus didn't just preach the word, but he lived by it too, and he was tempted in all points as we are yet he never sinned, and he is our perfect example to follow. And if we truly follow him, then we will live by faith, by the will of God, deny ourselves, bare our cross, and by the grace of God, Christ through the Spirit will strengthen us to overcome our flesh and this world.

He said "have no fear, for i have overcome the world" and he will strengthen those who are born of God to do the same too.

Selah is Hebrew for pause in contemplation. It's blatantly obvious that you are unable to do so. You have been provided with truth and yet you prefer fables and the interpretations of the world. You are guilty of handling the word of truth deceitfully.

marhig

Selah is Hebrew for pause in contemplation. It's blatantly obvious that you are unable to do so. You have been provided with truth and yet you prefer fables and the interpretations of the world. You are guilty of handling the word of truth deceitfully.
Fables???

Don't you believe in Christ Jesus?

Don't you believe that Jesus lived by the will the God?

Epoisses

What do you mean by the performance gospel? Thanks

That's the one where Jesus does some of the saving and then we have to do the rest with some laundry list of do's and don'ts. Depending on how well you perform the do's and don'ts you either go up the ladder or down the ladder.

Zeke

Now you are pitting scripture against scripture; showing that you use the scripture as a weapon against those you perceive to be your enemies. Even Paul tells you that your enemies are not flesh and blood, (Eph 6:12). If only you would judge yourself first and foremost you would not be judged, (1Cor 11:31, Luke 6:37, Mat 7:1-5, Rom 2:1). You have no excuse, O man, not even for confounding the different meanings for what it means to judge.

He has Jimmy Swaggart disease, symptoms, lots of condemnation for others while blindly proclaiming he is spiritual when he is still suckling on Hagar's teet.

Truster

He has Jimmy Swaggart disease, symptoms, lots of condemnation for others while blindly proclaiming he is spiritual when he is still suckling on Hagar's teet.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

Epoisses

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

You should stop talking to yourself then because you are just a babe who sucks the milk. You're not ready for that juicy rack of ribs dripping with sticky sauce.