Free Will

beloved57

Here is how important free will is to God. The mark of the beast is a choice. Do you get that.? Satan has to give you a choice. Satan isn't really into giving you choices. You can do whatever you want if you are willing to pay the consequences. Kill. Maim. Steal. Worship Satan.

Show me a scripture that says man has a freewill since its important to God as you say ! Its important to your pride and unbelief !

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

God's Truth

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Isaiah 65:11-12 "But as for you who forsake the LORD and forget my holy mountain, who spread a table for Fortune and fill bowls of mixed wine for Destiny, I will destine you for the sword, and you will all bend down for the slaughter; for I called but you did not answer, I spoke but you did not listen. You did evil in my sight and chose what displeases me."

1 Peter 4:3 For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do--living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry.

Joshua 24:15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."

Deuteronomy 30:19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live

God's Truth

Why do people reject Jesus? Why do they believe in nothing, or in false gods/goddesses? The Bible tells us why people do not believe. The bible tells us why Jesus does not save many, AND NOWHERE anywhere in the Bible does it say they cannot believe and be saved because God won't let them.

Those who don't believe and obey Jesus love darkness instead of light because their deeds are evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

They are stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, and they always resist the Holy Ghost.

They are obstinate people, who walk in ways not good, pursuing their own imaginations--

They do evil in God's sight and chose what displeases Him.

That which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations,

They exchange the truth of God for a lie.

They are self-seeking and they reject the truth and follow evil.

They do not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God.

They are hostile to God.

They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

They have been deceived by sin.

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Their minds are on earthly things.

When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart.

There are those who hear the word of God but the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. And there are those who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away. There are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature.

They are stubborn and follow their own devices.

They are stubborn; the sinews of their neck are iron, their forehead are bronze.

They have stubborn and rebellious hearts; they have turned aside and gone away.

They do not listen or pay attention; instead, they follow the stubborn inclinations of their evil hearts. They go backward and not forward.

They have stubborn pride.

They refuse to give up their evil practices and stubborn ways.

They are rebellious people, deceitful children, children unwilling to listen to the LORD’s instruction.

Stubborn like a heifer. How then can the LORD pasture them like lambs in a meadow?

Examine yourselves and you will see that the word of God is true.

John 3:19, 20; Acts 7:51; Isaiah30:9; 65:2; 65:11,12; Romans 1:19-21; 1:25; 1:28; 2:8; 8:7; 2 Thessalonians 2:10; Hebrews 3:13; 2 Corinthians 4:3-4; Philippians 3:19; Matthew 13:19; Luke 8:11-16; Psalm 81:12; Isaiah 48:4; Jeremiah 5:23; 7:24; Leviticus 26:19; Judges 2:19; Hosea 4:16.

God's Truth

Not that I'm against free will or anything, but...

So I ask for a scripture that says God saves unbelievers and you cannot give it.

If you believe that God saves unbelievers, then you are a Calvinist, because that is exactly what they believe God does. They believe we cannot chose to believe in God and He saves us in our state of unbelief.

That is a belief against God.

God's Truth

Question: "Does God hear / answer the prayers of a sinner / unbeliever?"
If you are praying out to God for help He hears you. However, you have to be in a state of humbleness.

Answer:*John 9:31 declares, “We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will.” It has also been said that “the only prayer that God hears from a sinner is the prayer for salvation.” As a result, some believe that God does not hear and/or will never answer the prayers of an unbeliever. In context, though, John 9:31 is saying that God does not perform miracles through an unbeliever. First John 5:14-15 tells us that God answers prayers based on whether they are asked according to His will. This principle, perhaps, applies to unbelievers. If an unbeliever asks a prayer of God that is according to His will, nothing prevents God from answering such a prayer—according to His will.

You prove what I say with those scriptures. Those scriptures do not say God saves unbelievers. If you are praying out to God---then you are NOT an unbeliever.

Not only that, God saves those who repent.
Do you believe you are saved?
If you do not believe you are saved, then why are you fighting so hard to prove God saves UNBELIEVERS?

I have been saying God does not save unbelievers, and you have changed it to God does hear unbelievers. You are not even staying focused carefully enough to discuss this deeply.

popsthebuilder

So I ask for a scripture that says God saves unbelievers and you cannot give it.

If you believe that God saves unbelievers, then you are a Calvinist, because that is exactly what they believe God does. They believe we cannot chose to believe in God and He saves us in our state of unbelief.

Did you just not read it at all? Or do you simply refuse what you don't already agree with like some others here?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

That is a belief against God

I have explained myself privately to you. I have pleaded with you. And now, here, you accuse me of being against GOD?

May GOD have mercy on your soul and mine alike.

beloved57

If you are praying out to God for help He hears you. However, you have to be in a state of humbleness.

You prove what I say with those scriptures. Those scriptures do not say God saves unbelievers. If you are praying out to God---then you are NOT an unbeliever.

Not only that, God saves those who repent.
Do you believe you are saved?
If you do not believe you are saved, then why are you fighting so hard to prove God saves UNBELIEVERS?

False teaching. God saved them Christ died for. His death made them righteous ! Rom 5:19

Also a lost person cant repent, they are carnal minded and not subject to the law of God, and cant be Rom 8:7

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

beloved57

gt

Those Christ died for were reconciled to God while they were enemies, opposing God and hating Him Rom 5:10

God's Truth

That is a belief against God

I have explained myself privately to you. I have pleaded with you. And now, here, you accuse me of being against GOD?

May GOD have mercy on your soul and mine alike.

YOU said you do not believe you are saved.

This discussion is about God NOT saving UNBELIEVERS.

You have NOT proven that God saves unbelievers.

You have not proven it with scripture, and you have NOT proven it by way of personal testimony.

You are the one who needs to fear God for saying He saves unbelievers when He says if you do not believe in me you will die in your sins!

John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins."

Did you read that?

We have to believe or we will die in our sins.

You say God saves unbelievers.

You speak against the Word of God.

God's Truth

False teaching. God saved them Christ died for. His death made them righteous ! Rom 5:19

Also a lost person cant repent, they are carnal minded and not subject to the law of God, and cant be Rom 8:7

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

You are on ignore.

beloved57

gt

This discussion is about God NOT saving UNBELIEVERS.

That's a Lie. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies, hating God and opposing Him Rom 5:10

God's Truth

Some Scriptures describe God hearing and answering the prayers of unbelievers. In most of these cases, prayer was involved. In one or two, God responded to the cry of the heart (it is not stated whether that cry was directed toward God). In some of these cases, the prayer seems to be combined with repentance. But in other cases, the prayer was simply for an earthly need or blessing, and God responded either out of compassion or in response to the genuine seeking or the faith of the person. Here are some passages dealing with prayer by an unbeliever:

The people of Nineveh prayed that Nineveh might be spared (Jonah 3:5-10). God answered this prayer and did not destroy the city of Nineveh as He had threatened.

Are you kidding? The people of Nineveh were WARNED first by God!

Hagar asked God to protect her son Ishmael (Genesis 21:14-19). God not only protected Ishmael, God blessed him exceedingly.

What in the world are you talking about? Hagar knew who God of Abraham was; how do you ever get that she was not a believer in God?

In 1 Kings 21:17-29, especially verses 27-29, Ahab fasts and mourns over Elijah's prophecy concerning his posterity. God responds by not bringing about the calamity in Ahab's time.

Evidently he believed in God.

The Gentile woman from the Tyre and Sidon area prayed that Jesus would deliver her daughter from a demon (Mark 7:24-30). Jesus cast the demon out of the woman’s daughter.

She was a believer in Jesus.

Cornelius, the Roman centurion in Acts 10, had the apostle Peter sent to him in response to Cornelius being a righteous man. Acts 10:2 tells us that Cornelius “prayed to God regularly.”*

HE WAS a BELIEVER in God.

God's Truth

God does make promises that are applicable to all (saved and unsaved alike) such as Jeremiah 29:13: “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” This was the case for Cornelius in Acts 10:1-6. But there are many promises that, according to the context of the passages, are for Christians alone. Because Christians have received Jesus as the Savior, they are encouraged to come boldly to the throne of grace to find help in time of need (Hebrews 4:14-16). We are told that when we ask for anything according to God's will, He hears and gives us what we ask for (1 John 5:14-15). There are many other promises for Christians concerning prayer (Matthew 21:22; John 14:13, 15:7). So, yes, there are instances in which God does not answer the prayers of an unbeliever. At the same time, in His grace and mercy, God can intervene in the lives of unbelievers in response to their prayers.
All those scriptures you gave prove that God listens to believers and not unbelievers.
Not only that, I said God does NOT SAVE unbelievers.
You not only did NOT prove God LISTENS to unbelievers, you still have NOT proved that God SAVES unbelievers. That is what I said and asked for.

God's Truth

John 9:43 We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.

Deuteronomy 1:45
You came back and wept before the LORD, but he paid no attention to your weeping and turned a deaf ear to you.

Job 27:8
For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?

Job 35:13
Indeed, God does not listen to their empty plea; the Almighty pays no attention to it.

Psalm 34:15
The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry;

Psalm 66:18
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened;

Psalm 145:19
He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.

Proverbs 15:29
The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.

Proverbs 28:9
If anyone turns a deaf ear to my instruction, even their prayers are detestable.

Isaiah 1:15
When you spread out your hands in prayer, I hide my eyes from you; even when you offer many prayers, I am not listening. Your hands are full of blood!

John 11:22
But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask."

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

1 John 3:22
and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him.