Free Will

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The L in Tulip means Particular Atonement. That is Jesus didnt die for all mankind, but specifically for His Sheep Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

And His Death redeemed them Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

If you teach that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception, you teach and believe a lie, and a false Christ !

Beloved57,

I've been compassionate, I've been difficult, I've been rude, I've been humble, I've quoted scripture, I've spoken from a stance of deep vulnerability......

I'm really trying to communicate with you, and I imagine you see that all in dialogue with you here are too. You have a message you keep iterating. You care enough to communicate too.

You Love us and want us to see the shiny hope you have found in Jesus ala John Calvin., but there is a message you aren't accepting.

Jesus is our only hope. No theology in the world will save a single person. No religion in this world will save a single person. It is Jesus! Jesus is the unifying hope of all humanity. We all squabble and fuss, but at the end of the day, we are all covered by His Blood!

I do not believe you think you are doing so, but you are taking doctrine and trying to shove it down everyone's throats as the gospel. Every human being can be learned from, but when it comes to spiritual things, NO human being can teach us.

1 John 2:27

I want peace with you, but you believe Calvinism is the Sword. What can I do or say to make it clear to you that theology and belief is personal and unique to each of us.

This thread is on free will. So, I extend a question to you in relation to it.

- Beloved57, Do you prefer to live in the democratic West, or would you enjoy living in the theocratic portions of the Middle East?

Nanja

Jamie Gigliotti
"The Spirit and the Bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come, and whoever wishes let him take the free gift of the water of life. " Revelation 22:17

That's to the elect !

Exactly! God gives His elect a willing heart by the Power of His Spirit in New Birth.

Ps. 110:3
Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

And Spiritual Thirst indicates Spiritual Life Ps 42:2!

Is. 44:3
For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

beloved57

Jamie Gigliotti

Exactly! God gives His elect a willing heart by the Power of His Spirit in New Birth.

Ps. 110:3
Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

And Spiritual Thirst indicates Spiritual Life Ps 42:2!

Is. 44:3
For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

Amen Sister !

ttruscott

I didn't know where else to put this, but in the time of Adam and Eve, when Eve was instructed to eat the Apple, did that mean the devil gave her the free will to do it? Or does it mean he was opening eves awareness to do things she wasn't instructed to do, like disobeying God (much like he did), and in a way exercising her free will?

All in all, who gave us free will, God who created us with that capacity , or the devil who let the early humans understand we had that capacity?

Since nothing is written, I consider that we were given a free will, that is a will (an ability to make a true choice) uncoerced by a propensity to good or bad and allowed either. The will that is enslaved to sin and is not free doesn't know this has happened and thinks it's thoughts and desires are proper and righteous though in fact evil - they just are not ashamed of their sinful state....they need their eyes to be opened to their sin so their shame can lead them to repentance.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The L in Tulip means Particular Atonement. That is Jesus didnt die for all mankind, but specifically for His Sheep Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

And His Death redeemed them Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

If you teach that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception, you teach and believe a lie, and a false Christ !
Could Jesus have refused to go to the cross?
That is a lie

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
The only lies I'm seeing here are from you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Dumb question and you keep it up I will ignore u.

It's a legitimate question. Oh wait, I forgot, you don't like it when issues are brought up that contradict your theology.

Jesus Himself asked God the Father if there was any other way to save humanity, but agreed to continue with the plan because He loves us that much. That seems to indicate that He had a choice in the matter.
Where did I deny that scripture?

I was asking you if you do deny it, not stating that you did.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Amen Sister !

So you deny John 3:16?

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever shall believe in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

Dumb question and I speak truth

No, it's a legitimate question, as it pertains to your belief system.

Dumb question and you keep it up I will ignore u.

Judge Rightly,

I'm jealous of you! I've been trying to get Beloved57 to ignore me all of this time and suddenly you accomplish a warning!

# Calvinist Excommunication. : D

popsthebuilder

Calvinists who say we do not have freewill, all you have to do is show me a scripture that says God saves unbelievers.
Not that I'm against free will or anything, but...

Question: "Does God hear / answer the prayers of a sinner / unbeliever?"

Answer:*John 9:31 declares, “We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will.” It has also been said that “the only prayer that God hears from a sinner is the prayer for salvation.” As a result, some believe that God does not hear and/or will never answer the prayers of an unbeliever. In context, though, John 9:31 is saying that God does not perform miracles through an unbeliever. First John 5:14-15 tells us that God answers prayers based on whether they are asked according to His will. This principle, perhaps, applies to unbelievers. If an unbeliever asks a prayer of God that is according to His will, nothing prevents God from answering such a prayer—according to His will.

Some Scriptures describe God hearing and answering the prayers of unbelievers. In most of these cases, prayer was involved. In one or two, God responded to the cry of the heart (it is not stated whether that cry was directed toward God). In some of these cases, the prayer seems to be combined with repentance. But in other cases, the prayer was simply for an earthly need or blessing, and God responded either out of compassion or in response to the genuine seeking or the faith of the person. Here are some passages dealing with prayer by an unbeliever:

The people of Nineveh prayed that Nineveh might be spared (Jonah 3:5-10). God answered this prayer and did not destroy the city of Nineveh as He had threatened.

Hagar asked God to protect her son Ishmael (Genesis 21:14-19). God not only protected Ishmael, God blessed him exceedingly.

In 1 Kings 21:17-29, especially verses 27-29, Ahab fasts and mourns over Elijah's prophecy concerning his posterity. God responds by not bringing about the calamity in Ahab's time.

The Gentile woman from the Tyre and Sidon area prayed that Jesus would deliver her daughter from a demon (Mark 7:24-30). Jesus cast the demon out of the woman’s daughter.

Cornelius, the Roman centurion in Acts 10, had the apostle Peter sent to him in response to Cornelius being a righteous man. Acts 10:2 tells us that Cornelius “prayed to God regularly.”*

God does make promises that are applicable to all (saved and unsaved alike) such as Jeremiah 29:13: “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” This was the case for Cornelius in Acts 10:1-6. But there are many promises that, according to the context of the passages, are for Christians alone. Because Christians have received Jesus as the Savior, they are encouraged to come boldly to the throne of grace to find help in time of need (Hebrews 4:14-16). We are told that when we ask for anything according to God's will, He hears and gives us what we ask for (1 John 5:14-15). There are many other promises for Christians concerning prayer (Matthew 21:22; John 14:13, 15:7). So, yes, there are instances in which God does not answer the prayers of an unbeliever. At the same time, in His grace and mercy, God can intervene in the lives of unbelievers in response to their prayers.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

balut55

Here is how important free will is to God. The mark of the beast is a choice. Do you get that.? Satan has to give you a choice. Satan isn't really into giving you choices. You can do whatever you want if you are willing to pay the consequences. Kill. Maim. Steal. Worship Satan.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Not that I'm against free will or anything, but...

Question: "Does God hear / answer the prayers of a sinner / unbeliever?"

Answer:*John 9:31 declares, “We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will.” It has also been said that “the only prayer that God hears from a sinner is the prayer for salvation.” As a result, some believe that God does not hear and/or will never answer the prayers of an unbeliever. In context, though, John 9:31 is saying that God does not perform miracles through an unbeliever. First John 5:14-15 tells us that God answers prayers based on whether they are asked according to His will. This principle, perhaps, applies to unbelievers. If an unbeliever asks a prayer of God that is according to His will, nothing prevents God from answering such a prayer—according to His will.

Some Scriptures describe God hearing and answering the prayers of unbelievers. In most of these cases, prayer was involved. In one or two, God responded to the cry of the heart (it is not stated whether that cry was directed toward God). In some of these cases, the prayer seems to be combined with repentance. But in other cases, the prayer was simply for an earthly need or blessing, and God responded either out of compassion or in response to the genuine seeking or the faith of the person. Here are some passages dealing with prayer by an unbeliever:

The people of Nineveh prayed that Nineveh might be spared (Jonah 3:5-10). God answered this prayer and did not destroy the city of Nineveh as He had threatened.

Hagar asked God to protect her son Ishmael (Genesis 21:14-19). God not only protected Ishmael, God blessed him exceedingly.

In 1 Kings 21:17-29, especially verses 27-29, Ahab fasts and mourns over Elijah's prophecy concerning his posterity. God responds by not bringing about the calamity in Ahab's time.

The Gentile woman from the Tyre and Sidon area prayed that Jesus would deliver her daughter from a demon (Mark 7:24-30). Jesus cast the demon out of the woman’s daughter.

Cornelius, the Roman centurion in Acts 10, had the apostle Peter sent to him in response to Cornelius being a righteous man. Acts 10:2 tells us that Cornelius “prayed to God regularly.”*

God does make promises that are applicable to all (saved and unsaved alike) such as Jeremiah 29:13: “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” This was the case for Cornelius in Acts 10:1-6. But there are many promises that, according to the context of the passages, are for Christians alone. Because Christians have received Jesus as the Savior, they are encouraged to come boldly to the throne of grace to find help in time of need (Hebrews 4:14-16). We are told that when we ask for anything according to God's will, He hears and gives us what we ask for (1 John 5:14-15). There are many other promises for Christians concerning prayer (Matthew 21:22; John 14:13, 15:7). So, yes, there are instances in which God does not answer the prayers of an unbeliever. At the same time, in His grace and mercy, God can intervene in the lives of unbelievers in response to their prayers.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Wow! Thank you for this! It is a beautiful exegesis on the matter.