Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsthebuilder

Genesis: 12. 4. Lo, this hast thou done unto me, in that thou searchest out the ways of the Highest. 5. Lo, yet am I weary in my mind, and very weak in my spirit; and little strength is there in me, for the great fear wherewith I was afflicted this night. 18. That after the time of that kingdom there shall arise great strivings, and it shall stand in peril of failing: nevertheless it shall not then fall, but shall be restored again to his beginning. 33. For he shall set them before him alive in judgment, and shall rebuke them, and correct them. 34. For the rest of my people shall he deliver with mercy, those that have been pressed upon my borders, and he shall make them joyful until the coming of the day of judgment, whereof I have spoken unto thee from the the beginning. 44. If thou shalt forsake us, how much better had it been for us, if we also had been burned in the midst of Sion? 45. For we are not better than they that died there. And they wept with a loud voice. Then answered I them, and said, 46. Be of good comfort, O Israel; and be not heavy, thou house of Jacob: 47. For the Highest hath you in remembrance, and the Mighty hath not forgotten you in temptation. 48. As for me, I have not forsaken you, neither am I departed from you: but am come into this place, to pray for the desolation of Sion, and that I might seek mercy for the low estate of your sanctuary.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Genesis: 13. 1. And it came to pass after seven days, I dreamed a dream by night: 2. And, lo, there arose a wind from the sea, that it moved all the waves thereof. 3. And I beheld, and, lo, that man waxed strong with the thousands of heaven: and when he turned his countenance to look, all the things trembled that were seen under him. 4. And whensoever the voice went out of his mouth, all they burned that heard his voice, like as the earth faileth when it feeleth the fire. 5. And after this I beheld, and, lo, there was gathered together a multitude of men, out of number, from the four winds of the heaven, to subdue the man that came out of the sea 6. But I beheld, and, lo, he had graved himself a great mountain, and flew up upon it. 7. But I would have seen the region or place whereout the hill was graven, and I could not. 8. And after this I beheld, and, lo, all they which were gathered together to subdue him were sore afraid, and yet durst fight. 9. And, lo, as he saw the violence of the multitude that came, he neither lifted up his hand, nor held sword, nor any instrument of war: 10. But only I saw that he sent out of his mouth as it had been a blast of fire, and out of his lips a flaming breath, and out of his tongue he cast out sparks and tempests. 11. And they were all mixed together; the blast of fire, the flaming breath, and the great tempest; and fell with violence upon the multitude which was prepared to fight, and burned them up every one, so that upon a sudden of an innumerable multitude nothing was to be perceived, but only dust and smell of smoke: when I saw this I was afraid. 12. Afterward saw I the same man come down from the mountain, and call unto him another peaceable Multitude.

popsthebuilder

Genesis: 16. 61. He made man, and put his heart in the midst of the body, and gave him breath, life, and understanding.
Genesis: 16. 73. Then shall they be known, who are my chosen; and they shall be tried as the gold in the fire. 74. Hear, O ye my beloved, saith the Lord: behold, the days of trouble are at hand, but I will deliver you from the same. 75. Be ye not afraid neither doubt; for God is your guide, 76. And the guide of them who keep my commandments and precepts, saith the Lord God: let not your sins weigh you down, and let not your iniquities lift up themselves. 77. Woe be unto them that are bound with their sins, and covered with their iniquities like as a field is covered over with bushes, and the path thereof covered with thorns, that no man may travel through! 78. It is left undressed, and is cast into the fire to be consumed therewith. .

glorydaz

I have already asked that you stop this. Please stop. Let's talk about the scriptures. I do not want to keep defending myself to the untruths you say to me and about me. I want to defend God's Truth.

Your words are catching up with you. You can run but you cannot hide.

glorydaz

Genesis: 11. 42. For thou hast afflicted the meek, thou hast hurt the peaceable, thou hast loved liars, and destroyed the dwellings of them that brought forth fruit, and hast cast down the walls of such as did thee no harm. 44. The Highest also hath looked upon the proud times, and, behold, they are ended, and his abominations are fulfilled. 45. And therefore appear no more, thou eagle, nor thy horrible wings, nor thy wicked feathers nor thy malicious heads, nor thy hurtful claws, nor all thy vain body: 46. That all the earth may be refreshed, and may return, being delivered from thy violence, and that she may hope for the judgment and mercy of him that made her.

Genesis: 12. 4. Lo, this hast thou done unto me, in that thou searchest out the ways of the Highest. 5. Lo, yet am I weary in my mind, and very weak in my spirit; and little strength is there in me, for the great fear wherewith I was afflicted this night. 18. That after the time of that kingdom there shall arise great strivings, and it shall stand in peril of failing: nevertheless it shall not then fall, but shall be restored again to his beginning. 33. For he shall set them before him alive in judgment, and shall rebuke them, and correct them. 34. For the rest of my people shall he deliver with mercy, those that have been pressed upon my borders, and he shall make them joyful until the coming of the day of judgment, whereof I have spoken unto thee from the the beginning. 44. If thou shalt forsake us, how much better had it been for us, if we also had been burned in the midst of Sion? 45. For we are not better than they that died there. And they wept with a loud voice. Then answered I them, and said, 46. Be of good comfort, O Israel; and be not heavy, thou house of Jacob: 47. For the Highest hath you in remembrance, and the Mighty hath not forgotten you in temptation. 48. As for me, I have not forsaken you, neither am I departed from you: but am come into this place, to pray for the desolation of Sion, and that I might seek mercy for the low estate of your sanctuary.

Genesis: 16. 61. He made man, and put his heart in the midst of the body, and gave him breath, life, and understanding.
Genesis: 16. 73. Then shall they be known, who are my chosen; and they shall be tried as the gold in the fire. 74. Hear, O ye my beloved, saith the Lord: behold, the days of trouble are at hand, but I will deliver you from the same. 75. Be ye not afraid neither doubt; for God is your guide, 76. And the guide of them who keep my commandments and precepts, saith the Lord God: let not your sins weigh you down, and let not your iniquities lift up themselves. 77. Woe be unto them that are bound with their sins, and covered with their iniquities like as a field is covered over with bushes, and the path thereof covered with thorns, that no man may travel through! 78. It is left undressed, and is cast into the fire to be consumed therewith. .

I see all these quotes that don't match up with the chapter and verse you've given. If you expect people to read them, you need to make sure we can check them for ourselves. Please.

popsthebuilder

I see all these quotes that don't match up with the chapter and verse you've given. If you expect people to read them, you need to make sure we can check them for ourselves. Please.

What!?.... How is that so? These are being copied directly from the Bible offline app to my clipboard and have not been altered in any way. Obviously I can't just post whole chapters repeatedly.

I think on one verse I didn't put the added number in because it was mid sentence, but I'm pretty sure the numbers were added later anyway.

I really don't know what you could be talking about. Could you explain more please?

peace

popsthebuilder

I don't either, but I have in Christ.
For me personally the spirit wars against itself, one against the other as I witness. I am very afflicted by my own hand, as I welcomed wholly detrimental things at a very early, malleable age. These things dwelled with me and did strengthen me temporarily, and I have learned numerous hard lessons through experience to the extent of which if I expressed them here then people would be scared to even speak to me. So to answer your question, it isn't that I do not believe the word of GOD, but that I have and have had a predisposition and inclination to self detriment, defilement, defeat, and death. Though I was once washed wholly and utterly clean by the grace and mercy of GOD at one time; now my old friends do return and have been reaquanted. Though I was lifted out of the grave I had inadvertently dug, I seemingly teeter along the edge of the freshly penetrated grass, shovel in hand. This is what it is to tarry, to not do what you KNOW to be right regardless of potential to do so. This is what chaos has brought. I am ever thankful to GOD in all things. Those I perceive as good in my nearsightedness and those I perceive in my vanity as bad. I used to think I had somehow cheated because my faith was literally given to me seemingly separate from my doing, or the doing of any man. But I slowly learn that faith is a thing that grows and grows and grows, until it's foliage is sufficient for shade and it's fruit doth suffice for sustinence, being given a perfect light from which to grow from GOD through the Holy Spirit and the teachings and example of the Christ.

glorydaz

Making unfounded assumptions, while ignoring possible proof, is not the exercise of wisdom. I'm a legal consultant and the minutest details are vital. A wrong word or a misspelled word can cost mega money, inconvenience and emotional anguish.

I take the Bible far more seriously than my profession and if I make a statement I want to know, for the sake of my conscience, that I have made every effort to confirm the matter before passing it on.

I need it, don't I.

Well, that may work great for some, but of the making of books there is no end. If I'm reading, I want it to be from the Scripture, and I trust in the Holy Spirit to open my understanding to what I require at the time.

marhig

Right, we have been bought and paid for, SEALED by the Holy Spirit, and God is simply not able to keep us unto the day of Redemption. With that kind of faith, it's no wonder you have no assurance of salvation.

John 10:28-29KJV
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.​
Yes that's absolutely right, that's if we continue in him and in his goodness. But if we don't live to please God and do his will, and we put our flesh before him, then we won't be sealed any longer, we can separate ourselves from God. How on earth can those who have the Holy Spirit, carry on living by their life in the flesh? Our old Life has to go and we have to turn from the things of the world. In Romans 1, Paul says that God gave them over to their reprobate minds, these were people who knew the truth and purposely lived wrong before God and turned the truth into a lie.

And there's this

Romans 11

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

marhig

"Deny self" is not what you think it means.

My description was the act of the beginning of the new life. You are arguing about living that new life. When Adam received the breath of life he became a living soul. When a sinner receives trust he becomes a new man and just as Adam relied and lived by breathing, the new man relies and lives by trust. Exercising trust is as simple as breathing. Man doesn't need to remember to breath as it is a recurring function. Man has no need to remember to trust, because it is the new function in the renewed man.

What you erroneously call faith. I correctly call trust.

To have faith is to trust in God.

And if we have faith and truly trust in God, then we will love him, obey him, and live by his will. And those who truly love him, will want to do this to please him.

It's no good having great swelling words, we have to live it out and bring the life of Christ to others. We can't bring others the life of Christ, if we are still living by the will of our flesh.

It should be not my will, but thy will be done. Jesus even taught us to pray daily and say, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, in earth as it is in heaven.

So those who are born of God, will live by his will.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

marhig

Everything you intend, think, say and do is wrong, but sinful, is a better word. You despise the truth and have loved a lie. The lie is the prime function in your existence. It is delivered and motivated by the prince of the power of the air. A lying spirit functions in all liars.
You pretend to have free will, but you are a slave to sin. Your many emotional disturbances are proof you have no peace.

Repent and trust.

How can she be a slave to sin if she is obeying God?

I think you've got your wired crossed there, it's those who are not obeying God and living in their sins who are a slave to them.

The truth is, we are to deny ourselves and live by the will of God, bare or cross and follow Jesus. You are the one believing a lie! Only Satan would teach that we can carry on wilfully sinning against God, and still be saved! If we have the Holy Spirit, and we are being saved, then we should be turning from sin!

glorydaz

What!?.... How is that so? These are being copied directly from the Bible offline app to my clipboard and have not been altered in any way. Obviously I can't just post whole chapters repeatedly.

I think on one verse I didn't put the added number in because it was mid sentence, but I'm pretty sure the numbers were added later anyway.

I really don't know what you could be talking about. Could you explain more please?

peace

Well, you have Gen. 16.61, for instance, and there is no verse 61, and nothing like what you wrote is to be found in chapter 16.

I can't find any of those verses anywhere. What translation are you using? Normally, we see the book, then the chapter, then the verse.

glorydaz

Yes that's absolutely right, that's if we continue in him and in his goodness. But if we don't live to please God and do his will, and we put our flesh before him, then we won't be sealed any longer, we can separate ourselves from God. How on earth can those who have the Holy Spirit, carry on living by their life in the flesh? Our old Life has to go and we have to turn from the things of the world. In Romans 1, Paul says that God gave them over to their reprobate minds, these were people who knew the truth and purposely lived wrong before God and turned the truth into a lie.

And there's this

Romans 11

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Ah, the if's and but's ....the fear and the doubt. In Romans 1, Paul is talking about how people were created with the knowledge of God in them...with a God given conscience. As soon as people get old enough to choose good over evil, they become accountable to God for their sins. Those who God gives over to their lusts are unbelievers. Being indwelt and sealed by the Spirit is not something that can be undone....they have all undergone the operation of God.

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Those who have the Holy Spirit don't live their life in the flesh, because they are not IN the flesh. Period. A person is either in the flesh or in the Spirit. If the Spirit of God dwells in you, you are not in the flesh. This is not a move in and out deal. Christ is the DOOR, but He is not a revolving door.

Romans 8:8-9 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.​

Oh, and Romans 11 is speaking of nations ....not individuals. :sigh:

glorydaz

You are the one believing a lie! Only Satan would teach that we can carry on wilfully sinning against God, and still be saved!

Clearly you have no idea of what it means to be indwelt by the Spirit of God.

To even imagine such nonsense tells more than you will ever know. :nono:

marhig

Ah, the if's and but's ....the fear and the doubt. In Romans 1, Paul is talking about how people were created with the knowledge of God in them...with a God given conscience. As soon as people get old enough to choose good over evil, they become accountable to God for their sins. Those who God gives over to their lusts are unbelievers. Being indwelt and sealed by the Spirit is not something that can be undone....they have all undergone the operation of God.

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Those who have the Holy Spirit don't live their life in the flesh, because they are not IN the flesh. Period. A person is either in the flesh or in the Spirit. If the Spirit of God dwells in you, you are not in the flesh. This is not a move in and out deal. Christ is the DOOR, but He is not a revolving door.

Romans 8:8-9 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.​

Oh, and Romans 11 is speaking of nations ....not individuals. :sigh:

Unbelievers are also those who know the truth and don't live by it, they are false teachers.

If we walk in the spirit, and not in the flesh, then we shouldn't be living by the will of the flesh but by the will of God!

If you believe you can carry on living your own life and still wilfully sin and still be saved, then you are not believing the truth. Those who truly walk in the Spirit, turn from sin, and if we have the power of the Holy Spirit, then we should be finding it really hard to wilfully sin, and we will want to please God by living right before him.

And you quoted from Paul in Romans 8, they that are in the flesh, cannot please God. So if we live by the will of our flesh, then we are in the flesh. We have to be willing to lay down our lives and become a living sacrifice to do the will of God, and then once we are born of God, we are not in the flesh but we walk in the Spirit. And those who are truly born of God, should be overcoming their flesh.

Those who don't live by the will of God, don't please him, Jesus said that we have to live by God's will to enter into the kingdom of heaven. And wilfully sinning isn't living by God's will!

And Jesus said this

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.