Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truster

If he was penitent then it would be observable.

I observe much from him, but sincere penitence is not one of those things.

Though let me not vainly speak cross against that man any longer.

Let us both observe his own words as he attempts to twist and mold his countenance to be more in line with what we know of the fruit of the Spirit. It is my sincere hope that in his twisting an upheaval of that malicious spirit is made, by the will and mercy of GOD, by the way of the Christ of GOD.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Penitence is a disgusting man inspired vile doctrine. It is used in place of repentance. It puts emphasis on man and the sorrow of the world. Not reverent sorrow that flows from and leads to further repentance.

Truster

Well that's what Jesus taught, he taught that we are to live by the will of God.

If you don't believe him, then that's between you and God!

You didn't enter by the gate, but by another way.Your attempt at religion only stands until confronted by truth and the manner in which you respond to truth proves that you are under an energised delusion and that you have been caused to believe the delusion.

popsthebuilder

Try reading Psalm 23 and you'll discover David's knowledge of how his life was laid out in front of him.
Yah Veh Raah

I lack not
He reposeth me
in sprouting folds
He guideth me
beside waters of rest
He resotoreth my soul

He leadeth me in the paths of justness
for his names sake
Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death
I shall awe no evil
For Thou art with me
thy scion and thy crutch
they sigh over me

Thou arrangest a table at my face
in the presence of my tribulators
thou anointest my head with ointment
my cup satiateth

Surely goodness and mercy pursue me
all the days of my life
And I settle
in the house of Yah Veh
for a length of days.

There is no doubt that the very elect are destined before the formation of the earth.

There is no doubt that man has the freedom to choose to follow the calling of the Christ, or to, against all things good and right, turn from it wholly unto eternal damnation in the form of utter destruction. Man too has the capacity to do little to nothing after receiving that wondrous calling. But we should too remember that only very few are elect, and those who are not are blessed in their innocent ignorance. Man will not be cast out due to the misguidance of those who willingly turned themselves and the lost sheep around.

Matthew: 13. 4. And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up: 5. Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: 6. And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. 7. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: 8. But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. 9. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Can it not be concluded that our freedom is seemingly, within our own capacities to grasp, that of the will of GOD?

That is to say that GOD in love for creation (namely man) did not make us prisoners to his Will like the stone or plant. It is seemingly the will of GOD for man to have freedom of choice to some extent. That is not to say that the very elect can be moved ultimately from the love of GOD or it's manifold fruit, but that in our near sightedness we can in no way grasp the soveirgn province of GOD, nor can we wholly and fully express the manifold blessings.

peace

marhig

Once again you butt into something that doesn't concern you. Just so you can tell me how horrible I am. The fact is that God's unTruth demanded I respond with proof of how I have attempted to teach her. She even quotes the verse that says I am to instruct her to love her children. I did that, and in so doing, I reminded her of how I did it.

I would suggest you try reading what you write yourself, instead of being a busy body.

You butt in to many posts that don't concern you! And it's the way you say it, as if you're above others with your "I've tried to teach you but you don't listen" attitude. Especially as you're teaching a false gospel!

popsthebuilder

Works, works, works.

You always insist on setting conditions that man must adhere to before the Eternal Almighty can act. You have reduced Him to be a subject of and reliant upon the whims of man.
Nonsense; it is in no way before GOD can act, and is a reference to a time after initial salvation.

Your damned lies are beginning to get old. Not tiresome though.

peace

God's Truth

GT, i too have been through hard times with my children, especially when they were teenagers. And i too taught them that they are to obey God. I teach my grandchildren the same. And i also am very loving with them too. And i cant have done to much harm, because they have grown into respectful adults, all live within a few streets of us and we are very close. God has brought us all closer.

And I've always taught my family to obey God, including my extended family too. So, we know that to teach our children obedience toward God is the truth.

To live by the will of God, is to obey him!

What a blessing that you all live within a few streets of each other! Now that is something that I desire.

Thank you for the support on teaching our children and grandchildren.

Truster

There is no doubt that the very elect are destined before the formation of the earth.

There is no doubt that man has the freedom to choose to follow the calling of the Christ, or to, against all things good and right, turn from it wholly unto eternal damnation in the form of utter destruction. Man too has the capacity to do little to nothing after receiving that wondrous calling. But we should too remember that only very few are elect, and those who are not are blessed in their innocent ignorance. Man will not be cast out due to the misguidance of those who willingly turned themselves and the lost sheep around.

Matthew: 13. 4. And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up: 5. Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: 6. And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. 7. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: 8. But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. 9. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Can it not be concluded that our freedom is seemingly, within our own capacities to grasp, that of the will of GOD?

That is to say that GOD in love for creation (namely man) did not make us prisoners to his Will like the stone or plant. It is seemingly the will of GOD for man to have freedom of choice to some extent. That is not to say that the very elect can be moved ultimately from the love of GOD or it's manifold fruit, but that in our near sightedness we can in no way grasp the soveirgn province of GOD, nor can we wholly and fully express the manifold blessings.

peace

You can't get away from the erroneous opinion that salvation is conditioned on a decision a man must make. It then proceeds to man needing to continue works to earn points. No points, no blessings and no growth. What a sad existence what a feeble saviour, that is no Saviour, because He must wait for a sinner to respond with permission to save. No permission, no salvation.

popsthebuilder

Penitence is a disgusting man inspired vile doctrine. It is used in place of repentance. It puts emphasis on man and the sorrow of the world. Not reverent sorrow that flows from and leads to further repentance.

More nonsensical attempted confusion I see. Kudos to you sir.

Are you not even aware that the things of GOD as they pertains to His will for man are simple and not things of confusion?

penitent is a word synonymous with repentant.

As if words with synonymous meanings are wholly opposite.

Repentance is brought about by sincere want to do the will of GOD in your personal life. Oft times shame and sorrow will be for a term. It is pain brought about by misdirection and just like other types of pain receptors in your body; it signifies the genuine and very real need for change within ones own life. For you to speak such a way about it shows you and I perhaps actually do not share a similar experience.

Luke: 14. 8. When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him; 9. And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room. 10. But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee. 11. For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

peace

popsthebuilder

You didn't enter by the gate, but by another way.Your attempt at religion only stands until confronted by truth and the manner in which you respond to truth proves that you are under an energised delusion and that you have been caused to believe the delusion.
Oh wow, you don't even grasp that there are two gates and that the wide one is the one of the deciever.

Oh wait....Yes you do.

Silly silly

peace friend

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Right . . speaking of spiritual "Israel;" the church body of Jesus Christ. :p
It was not some 'spiritual Israel' GOD made the promise to.
It was the real, literal, physical, earthly Israel that GOD chose as His people, led them out of the bondage of Egypt, made a covenant with, and led them into the promised land.

popsthebuilder

You can't get away from the erroneous opinion that salvation is conditioned on a decision a man must make. It then proceeds to man needing to continue works to earn points. No points, no blessings and no growth. What a sad existence what a feeble saviour, that is no Saviour, because He must wait for a sinner to respond with permission to save. No permission, no salvation.
Nice refutation of plain simple scripture.

Thank you again and again

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It was not some 'spiritual Israel' GOD made the promise to.
It was the real, literal, physical, earthly Israel that GOD chose as His people, led them out of the bondage of Egypt, made a covenant with, and led them into the promised land.

Promises kept . . prophecy made.

Double applications of Truth.

Literalism robs you of the depths of the Word of God.

glorydaz

No, death to self, means death to our old ways and our old Life, and dying daily means overcoming our flesh everyday and we through the Spirit, putting to death the works of our flesh.

Jesus said, deny yourself, take up your cross daily and follow me! And whosoever is not willing to bare his cross, is not worthy of me.

But just in case you think that what Jesus preached is only for the Jews, maybe you will believe Paul regarding obedience, and death to self.

What Jesus preached before the cross, He accomplished for believers on the cross.

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Yes, I realize you don't know what Paul taught, or you'd have looked at the context of those verses and wouldn't have used them for a proof text.

The verses following the one you took out of context explain it. That "form of doctrine" Paul is talking about is the Gospel and the righteousness of faith.

Romans 6:17-18 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.​

Romans 6:6-7 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.​

You did the same with the verse you took out of context from chapter 8. You look at what's written as a man still in the flesh....which is why you see they apply to you. You are trying to put off that old man of the flesh by your own efforts.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.​

Believers have been crucified with Christ, and you keep trying to crucify yourself. All workers are doing the same.

Gal. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.​

marhig

As I've said to you before, have a good look at yourself in the mirror!

God's Truth

I spoke of what I know, and you speculate about what you don't know.

If you don't want people to know the truth about you, stop pushing me to tell them.

You want me to list out how I obey. You do that because you don't have the slightest idea of what it means to REST in the Lord. You have not yet entered into His rest, so you go about working, working, striving, struggling to enter in. I feel sorry for you, but I can't help you because you refuse to be instructed. You refuse to put off your pride. You refuse to humble yourself in the sight of the Lord. You talk about it. You boast about how you've done it. You have great zeal...but not according to knowledge.

I can hardly believe what you say to me. I would not listen to you, and I do not want to be anything like you.

glorydaz

Are you kidding? GD goes against me for saying we have to obey to get saved and to stay saved.
She also cannot tell me anything that we have to obey. She also tries to shame me for saying the things Jesus tells us to do; she puts it down and calls it a list and says I am a boaster.

Jesus says he saves those who obey, and he warns us to keep obeying.

Stuck on the wrong side of the cross. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.