Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I have a peace at this moment that I'm convinced is due to our both been humbled. You by the great humbler of mankind and me by your expression of humility.

My sincere thanks, H.

I slept well last night after my apology.

I thank you for showing me the verse to humble me.

hitomi

Truster

I slept well last night after my apology.

I thank you for showing me the verse to humble me.

hitomi

I was having a conversation with Squeaky yesterday about the thorn in the flesh that deflated Paul's puffed up "problem". I think that maybe we have been a thorn to each other? That both our stubborn ego's have been wonderfully deflated.

To the praise of the glory of His grace.

Huw.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I was having a conversation with Squeaky yesterday about the thorn in the flesh that deflated Paul's puffed up "problem". I think that maybe we have been a thorn to each other? That both our stubborn ego's have been wonderfully deflated.

To the praise of the glory of His grace.

Huw.

I agree.

But I still try to stick to what Jesus says because there are too many vague verses to stumble us.

Jesus' word is clear to me IMO.

popsthebuilder

I think one has to do all that He says.

I would say that about myself also.
Did you grow up in a Christian setting?
I do not even know if you claim a denomination.
Would you mind explaining a little of your beliefs?

I believe God gives all a measure of faith. It sounds as if you have been influenced much by Luther and or Calvin?

I do think hearing God's Truth is not as easily heard as it was when the apostles themselves preached it during the laying of the foundation. God testified to what they said by allowing them to do miraculous things. We have so many denominations out there now with so many false doctrines that to actually trust someone to teach you the truth is a hard thing. Most people cause more confusion than help. After we study from so many different sources, we end up having to repent of all that we knew.

I am so glad that we do have much in agreement.
I will attempt to go into some detail about whatever you like friend. I do not have time now though. Must get ready for and go to work.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Thank you. I suppose there are different ways to make such a U-turn. One might stop and change direction with one's thoughts, or with one's words, or with one's deeds.

When it comes to the U-turn required for eternal salvation, which of these do you think is required of me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot say sir. To do so would be to judge you without knowing your works. It isn't for me to pass judgement at this time as I too am a student.

I will say that if it is eternal salvation you seek ( attainment for self) and this is your sole motive behind repentance then be patient and opened to the things of GOD.

Your conscience will guide you to what is good and right. But for it to be accurate and true you must remove self from equations, or rather the bias that want for self brings to thought processes.

Patience, perseverance, and faith that grows are what you need. Relinquish doubt, study the Word in whatever form you find it, fear no thing but the consiquinces of your actions upon GODLY judgement.

Peace to you.
It is always good to witness an avid seeker of the Truth.

May GOD guide us all.

popsthebuilder

1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."

It seems to me much of scripture is ambiguous, as is this passage. For there is another possible meaning: The perfect love is not my love for God, which I fear will never be perfect, but God's love for me.

Which possibility is more probable I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would need to read it within context and unfortunately don't have time to attempt a worthy explanation.

I will be back later.

peace

Truster

Why would sinners be told to do a thing that is outside of their capacity to perform in your opinion?

peace

Sinners are told to trust, to repent, to be holy, but these abilities are beyond the power of man to perform. This is why the sinner needs to be rescued from our obvious weakness, amongst other things.

I don't have an opinion, but I do have a scripture:

But Elohim hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and Elohim hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;"

If a man declares his will is free to chose then the mans is also declaring he has the power to perform that choice he makes.

I have a saying that I have often used in business. " If you seriously want to impress me. Don't talk about it, just do it. I will notice."

He who sits on high looks down at the pride of man, who says he has free will, and He laughs at the feeble boast and says, Go on then, do it.

popsthebuilder

Sinners are told to trust, to repent, to be holy, but these abilities are beyond the power of man to perform. This is why the sinner needs to be rescued from our obvious weakness, amongst other things.

I don't have an opinion, but I do have a scripture:

But Elohim hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and Elohim hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;"

If a man declares his will is free to chose then the mans is also declaring he has the power to perform that choice he makes.

I have a saying that I have often used in business. " If you seriously want to impress me. Don't talk about it, just do it. I will notice."

He who sits on high looks down at the pride of man, who says he has free will, and He laughs at the feeble boast and says, Go on then, do it.

I'm sorry.....that last part.....am I mistaken or is that not scripture? If it is could you please give me a reference that I might seek it out and read it for myself?

I find the Christ of GOD, that One; Jesus of Nazareth was indeed given the power and authority to both abide by and magnify/ reflect the light of GOD. I too find Job, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, David, John the Baptizer, and Elias to seem to have been found to be utterly pleasing to GOD, and as such, must conclude that if GOD wills for us to be without blemish then we have the capacity for such, by the example and way that is the Christ. It is not pride or boasting to silently abide by and submit to the will of GOD. Difficult? At this time.... yes.
Scripture does not lie nor does it insist on the impossible.

To be clear; I do not deny that the things seemingly powerless are the things with the capacity to confound, due to our own meandering or tarrying.

peace

Truster

I'm sorry.....that last part.....am I mistaken or is that not scripture? If it is could you please give me a reference that I might seek it out and read it for myself?

I find the Christ of GOD, that One; Jesus of Nazareth was indeed given the power and authority to both abide by and magnify/ reflect the light of GOD. I too find Job, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, David, John the Baptizer, and Elias to seem to have been found to be utterly pleasing to GOD, and as such, must conclude that if GOD wills for us to be without blemish then we have the capacity for such, by the example and way that is the Christ. It is not pride or boasting to silently abide by and submit to the will of GOD. Difficult? At this time.... yes.
Scripture does not lie nor does it insist on the impossible.

To be clear; I do not deny that the things seemingly powerless are the things with the capacity to confound, due to our own meandering or tarrying.

peace

We have no such capacity. It man did, then man wouldn't need to be rescued.

Psalm 2 is the verse you want.

popsthebuilder

We have no such capacity. It man did, then man wouldn't need to be rescued.

Psalm 2 is the verse you want.

I was talking about that comment friend.

I asked if it was derived from scripture and if it was if you could reference said scripture.

You answered Psalm 2

I can only assume you mean Psalm 1:2

Which reads as follows

Psalm: 1. 2. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Could you attempt to explain differently or how I've misunderstood?

peace
0715803c6c4f1b0016fa07ef2268ffab.jpg

musterion

My irony meter just blew and entered low earth orbit.

Why is it that people who question the integrity of others always go on to prove they have none of their own?

1. Meshak is not what you think.

2. I made an observation. A correct one.

3. Report me if you think I broke a rule, you pathetic legalist.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
1. Meshak is not what you think.

2. I made an observation. A correct one.

3. Report me if you think I broke a rule, you pathetic legalist.
Truster just proved me wrong.

He gained my trust.

It was a godly of him to accept my apology after I made so many accusations.

It is not a good Christian thing to do to call him names.

Truster

I was talking about that comment friend.

I asked if it was derived from scripture and if it was if you could reference said scripture.

You answered Psalm 2

I can only assume you mean Psalm 1:2

Which reads as follows

Psalm: 1. 2. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Could you attempt to explain differently or how I've misunderstood?

peace
0715803c6c4f1b0016fa07ef2268ffab.jpg

You really ought to read what I've written and stop interpreting what I write. If I had meant Psalm 1:2 I would most certainly have written Psalm 1:2. I wrote Psalm 2 and I meant you would find the line I wrote in psalm 2.
Your mind must be a very cluttered and disturbed place.

popsthebuilder

You really ought to read what I've written and stop interpreting what I write. If I had meant Psalm 1:2 I would most certainly have written Psalm 1:2. I wrote Psalm 2 and I meant you would find the line I wrote in psalm 2.
Your mind must be a very cluttered and disturbed place.
What you reference in Psalm 2 is pertaining to those in high places that place greed before the guidance of GOD, and in no way pertains to those striving to be faithful to the Lord and GOD. It too is a testament to the utter insignificance of those willingly against GOD, as their works are as nothing to the Lord and only work to prop up the truth.

I openly admit that my life is very busy at times and I cannot always devote the time I would like to message boards.

Thank you for specifying and clarifying your meaning.

I do disagree on your premise though.

Would you care to attempt to provide additional scripture to support your claim?

peace friend

Status
Not open for further replies.