Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

There is no "repentance from sin" to be seen. :chew:

There IS repentance TOWARD GOD. That is a change of mind...a turning to God from unbelief.

Acts 20:21KJV
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.​

You cannot get around what is plainly written.

Repent AND HAVE FAITH.
Repent AND turn.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
All of em? Everybody?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Yes, He takes everyone's sins who believes in Him with word and action as their Lord and Savior, which of course if you believe in Him, you will repent of your sins.

As GT says, without repenting of our worldly ways of living there is no salvation. Jesus made that clear and so did all His apostles.

popsthebuilder

Yes, He takes everyone's sins who believes in Him with word and action as their Lord and Savior, which of course if you believe in Him, you will repent of your sins.

As GT says, without repenting of our worldly ways of living there is no salvation. Jesus made that clear and so did all His apostles.
I know Meshak thank you.

Help her please.

I think I might be done with this sight.

peace friend

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, I used to think that, too. Then I came to see that Paul's Gospel did not say to repent and be baptized for the remission of sin. They clearly are not the same Gospel.
Yeppers.

The 12 were sent to baptize.
Paul was not.

1 Corinthians 1:17 KJV
(17) For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Things that differ are not the same.

glorydaz

hahahahaha I just have to make another comment on what you said here...according to your false doctrines, the Jews who believe in Jesus can get saved later, but Paul teaches the Gentiles are that they can get saved now. WHAT A MESS.

You always laugh at what you don't understand. You would claim Apollos was saved before Aquila and Priscilla expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly....ie the gospel of salvation. All those examples you give of those who obeyed....you'd better think about that because that's where you are.

Acts 18:24-26
And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus. This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.​

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can you actually show the differences so that I can see?

Sure.

When the disciples were commissioned by Christ, they were sent with a specific command to baptize.
Paul was not commissioned by Christ to baptize.

(17) For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Peace. Make love, not war.

popsthebuilder

Sure.

When the disciples were commissioned by Christ, they were sent with a specific command to baptize.
Paul was not commissioned by Christ to baptize.

Peace. Make love, not war.
Okay...so I do see that baptism was disregarded, but he said THE Gospel....like one, ya know?

God's Truth

You always laugh at what you don't understand. You would claim Apollos was saved before Aquila and Priscilla expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly....ie the gospel of salvation. All those examples you give of those who obeyed....you'd better think about that because that's where you are.

Acts 18:24-26
And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus. This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.​

I do not do as you claim.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Are you saying I am being hysterical?

You need to slow down.

that's all I am saying.

Now please don't be too sensitive especially to whom you can talk sensibly like pops. He is not average churchgoer.

He is not the in the same spirit like truster and his supporters.

We are not perfect, remember?

God's Truth

God's Truth

You need to slow down.

that's all I am saying.

Now please don't be too sensitive especially to whom you can talk sensibly like pops. He is not average churchgoer.

He is not the in the same spirit like truster and his supporters.

We are not perfect, remember?

Don't tell me to slow down. I have down nothing wrong. You could have just answered the question.

Don't tell me I am too sensitive either.

Don't start judging me too.

glorydaz

Okay...so I do see that baptism was disregarded, but he said THE Gospel....like one, ya know?

Gospel just means good news. The good news for the Jews was that the Messiah would come and sit on David's throne...right here on earth. That was put off because Christ was rejected. The good news of Salvation is Paul's gospel. The ONE that matters because it's the one by which we are saved and given eternal life...and sealed with the Holy Spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.