Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

What you have said is that the word repented in scripture means "stopped sinning".
Lying is a sin, GT.
Have you repented of telling that lie over and over again?
I have been waiting for you to just say 'yes' or 'no'.
What's the hold up, GT?

Tambora gives the proper meaning of the word repented in scripture, which is NOT "stopped sinning".

Exodus 32:14 KJV
(14) And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

It's been months and months now and I am still waiting for you to correct your lie.

Repent, repenting, repented...when it comes to God speaking to humans about what WE are to DO, it is about sin.

Still no answer from you on whether or not madists believe we have to repent of our sins.

popsthebuilder

All have the same meaning.
And none of them mean "stopped sinning".
But it does mean stop and/ or turn from.

So is she asking if you think we are to turn from what is knowingly wrong? If she isn't then I am.

I'm curious now. Does effectual faith cause one to be shamed by sin, and does shame lead to repentance from sin?

Thanks in advance friend(not a secret word for enemy if you were wondering)

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

God's Truth

How is posting what you have already said an attack on you?
It is one thing to attack someone by calling them fool, moron, etc, but it is another thing to then deny doing it.
You have already said you still sin.
I don't tell you about myself personally, I tell you what the Bible says. The Bible says that IF anyone sins, after being saved, we have someone to repent to and we will find mercy.

You keep changing the story about what I say as it suits you. You say I claim to never sin anymore, then you say I say I still sin. I speak about the scriptures and that is all you need to concern yourself with.
You have already said that we must obey EVERYTHING Jesus commanded.
That is right, we have to obey everything that Jesus commands us.

You have already said that your definition of 'repented' is 'stopped sinning'.
You have already said that one cannot be saved unless they obey and repent.
That is right, repent or perish.
By your own admission of your own theology:
you have not obeyed, because you still sin
you have not repented, because you still sin
you are not saved, because you still sin.
You have to repent of your sins to get saved, and if you sin after you are saved, you are to repent of that sin, it is called working out your salvation. It is called stumbling. We have to train ourselves. You cannot go against the many scriptures that say TO TRAIN YOURSELF. Do you know those scriptures? You will never ever be able to wipe out Jesus saying those things.
If you are saved, your theology is wrong.
It is not my theology, it is the written word of God.
I can give you the written Word of God that says repent of your sins or perish, the scripture that says we cannot keep living a sinful life.
I can give you the scripture that says to train yourself, and the scripture on what to do if you sin.

You refuse to answer the question on whether or not we have have to repent of our sins to be saved. You refuse to acknowledge the scriptures that say if anyone does sin. You do not acknowledge the scriptures that say train yourself.

You say the Bible says that we do not have to repent of our sins, and then if you do sin, you get to say 'what sin'.

That teaching is is NOWHERE in the Bible.
If your theology is right, you are not saved.

You are trying so hard to condemn me. Who would like you to say that I am not saved?

I have a powerful testimony, so what you say is against God who has saved me.

God's Truth

It doesn't matter who is right or wrong in this. I've been watching people over the last 4 - 5 years on here and elsewhere slowly but surely changing their doctrinal standpoint. The reason isn't one of true repentance, but of theological pride and deceit. You both have differing, if not diametrically opposing standpoints, but you are both of the self-same spirit. Both disagreeing, except when confronted with absolute truth. In which case you are found in agreement. This is not Satan in battle with Satan so that his house would fall, but a true and vile manifestation of the power of the beast that comes out of the earth with two horns like a lamb, but speaks like a dragon.

If I hadn't witnessed this with my own eyes I could not and would not have thought it possible. I'm doing a study on Revelation 13 and as I read and wonder you two are acting out the part perfectly.
Someone asked me earlier what I was doing on here and although I'd given a true and sincere reply, "to reveal the works of darkness and spiritual wickedness", I didn't realise how deep it was. This is awesome, wonderful and diabolical at one and the same time.

It's like a counterfeit $50 bill accusing a counterfeit $100 bill of being a fraud and vice versa.

I tried, but I cannot force myself to read your evil dribble.

glorydaz

Repent, repenting, repented...when it comes to God speaking to humans about what WE are to DO, it is about sin.

Still no answer from you on whether or not madists believe we have to repent of our sins.

We believe the Gospel which tells us our sins have been forgiven. Salvation is a gift, and you claim God demands a price from us. :nono:

1 Cor. 15:1-4
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.​

Why do you lie and claim we must perform something before we can receive the Gift of Salvation?

If you don't believe the Gospel, then you are not saved. You are still on the wrong side of the cross hoping your obedience, or your repentance, or your being baptised has saved you. It hasn't.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which could be from anything, and is NOT limited to sin, now is it? Never was, and still isn't.

So is she asking if you think we are to turn from what is knowingly wrong? If she isn't then I am.
This like pulling teeth!
GOD repented.
Was GOD turning from doing something wrong?
NO!

The word repent does NOT mean stopped sinning, nor does it mean stopped doing wrong.

GT can ramble on about all the side trails she wants to.
But until she can admit her error that the word repent does NOT mean to stop sinning, her side trails can remain just that .... side trails.
And if you are going to keep propping her up for that glaring error of hers, then I will continue to laugh at your lack of judgment.
She does this all the time. She won't deal with the specific question, but starts asking her own questions to purposely try and steer the conversation away from her glaring error so she can AVOID confronting her glaring error.
You might want to keep falling for this stunt of hers, but I'm under no obligation to oblige her avoidance.
And the error she wants to avoid is that her definition of 'repented' is 'stopped sinning'.
It will be a lie every time she says it, and she says it a lot.

God's Truth

And how many times has God's UNtruth been told this very thing? And by how many people? Does she listen?

No, she is so filled with pride she refuses to hear. That is a very bad state to be in.

What don't you get about God not having to repent of sin? We humans have to repent of SINS. That is what God says. I have given you the scriptures on that repeatedly.

Tambora and you keep saying I say something, but I do not.

You both keep saying I say the wrong thing about what you madists teach, when I say you preach we do not have to repent of sins, BUT YOU BOTH will NOT say we have to repent of sins.

So again, watch Reader, and see it yet again...

Glorydaz, do we have to repent of our sins? Yes or no?

popsthebuilder

Which could be from anything, and is NOT limited to sin, now is it? Never was, and still isn't.

This like pulling teeth!
GOD repented.
Was GOD turning from doing something wrong?
NO!

The word repent does NOT mean stopped sinning, nor does it mean stopped doing wrong.

GT can ramble on about all the side trails she wants to.
But until she can admit her error that the word repent does NOT mean to stop sinning, her side trails can remain just that .... side trails.
And if you are going to keep propping her up for that glaring error of hers, then I will continue to laugh at your lack of judgment.
She does this all the time. She won't deal with the specific question, but starts asking her own questions to purposely try and steer the conversation away from her glaring error so she can AVOID confronting her glaring error.
You might want to keep falling for this stunt of hers, but I'm under no obligation to oblige her avoidance.
And the error she wants to avoid is that her definition of 'repented' is 'stopped sinning'.
It will be a lie every time she says it, and she says it a lot.

What? I asked you a question independent of her. I couldn't tell were you attempted an answer. Would you care to answer it?

I'm not her; please remember that.

I don't recall propping anyone up, could you quote me doing so in the quote you responded to please?

I mean; didn't we go over this last night; I'm not propogating any holier than thou bs, so please try not to add it to what I am actually saying.

I never agreed with anyone that repent meant specifically to stop sinning, even when speaking about or to mankind specifically. I have given what I understand the definition to mean, and the word sin wasn't in it I don't think.

Anyway, are you interested in answering my question that has little to do with her?

Thank you. I miss that light attitude, could you bring it back around?

peace

God's Truth

It doesn't matter who is right or wrong in this. I've been watching people over the last 4 - 5 years on here and elsewhere slowly but surely changing their doctrinal standpoint. The reason isn't one of true repentance, but of theological pride and deceit. You both have differing, if not diametrically opposing standpoints, but you are both of the self-same spirit. Both disagreeing, except when confronted with absolute truth. In which case you are found in agreement. This is not Satan in battle with Satan so that his house would fall, but a true and vile manifestation of the power of the beast that comes out of the earth with two horns like a lamb, but speaks like a dragon.

If I hadn't witnessed this with my own eyes I could not and would not have thought it possible. I'm doing a study on Revelation 13 and as I read and wonder you two are acting out the part perfectly.
Someone asked me earlier what I was doing on here and although I'd given a true and sincere reply, "to reveal the works of darkness and spiritual wickedness", I didn't realise how deep it was. This is awesome, wonderful and diabolical at one and the same time.

It's like a counterfeit $50 bill accusing a counterfeit $100 bill of being a fraud and vice versa.

Tambora,

You have someone to straighten out, Truster called you as being from the beast, and the dragon.

God's Truth

Faith and repentance—two sides of one coin—are the fruits of the salvific event.
You have to have faith AND you have to repent of your sins to be saved.
There are scriptures and you will not ever get around them.

No unbeliever will ever believe nor repent before God acts upon them (Jer. 17:9; Mark 7:21-23; Eph. 2:2; Eph. 2:4-5; Titus 3:5; John 3:19; Rom. 3:10-12; 5:6; 6:16-20; Eph. 2:1,3;1 Cor. 2:14). Their "participation" in that instantaneous act by God is wholly passive. Once so acted upon by God (Eze. 36:26), faith and repentance immediately follow, as faith and repentance are the first fruits of God's action, an act by God we commonly refer to as being born again or regenerated.

NONE of those scripture say God saves UNBELIEVERS. None of those scriptures say what you claim.

Post the scripture right here and now saying humans cannot hear the gospel and believe on their own.

Post the scripture right here and now that God saves us in a state of unbelief.

You will not EVER, EVER, EVER find those scriptures.

All you have are misunderstandings of scripture.

All you have are scriptures that you read things into.

You nullify scripture when you do that.

God's Truth

How are you Sir? You and Mr. Mike are very welcome additions to this discussion. Your concise words and leveled, scripturally based opinion is as always, seemingly, spot on.

Good post friend.

peace

Are you kidding? AMR is a Calvinist who preaches NO ONE can BELIEVE and OBEY until AFTER they are saved.

You give credit to a man who merely references many scriptures that do not say what he claims they say.

God's Truth

His message was for the Jews, Jesus was preaching the Kingdom. Of course there were some straggler Gentiles that heard the messages to the Jews

Same message from Paul as what Jesus taught.

Paul calls it first Jews then Gentiles.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Acts 3:26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Anyway, are you interested in answering my question that has little to do with her?

Thank you. I miss that light attitude, could you bring it back around?

peace

Pops,

Have you been reading Tam's ranting against me and GT?

Have you reading ours?

You still don't notice her evil behavior?

I am beginning to wander what you are doing in this thread.

glorydaz

What don't you get about God not having to repent of sin? We humans have to repent of SINS. That is what God says. I have given you the scriptures on that repeatedly.

If you understood the meaning of the word, you'd see it means the same....whether referring to God or man and how it's used in a sentence. It can mean to regret or it can mean to change one's mind. Sin doesn't have to be involved at all in the word repent. I can repent of my decision to build a house. When I repent to salvation, that means I change my mind from unbelief to belief. Since you can't figure that out, you claim it means one thing to God and another to humans. That's why when you demand an answer, people look at you like you're crazy.

Do people regret sinning? I'm sure they do. But, regretting having sinned doesn't take sin away.
Can a person change their mind about sin? Sure, but changing your mind about sin won't make sin go away, and the person will still be under the dominion of sin until they are delivered from the law.

So again, watch Reader, and see it yet again...

Glorydaz, do we have to repent of our sins? Yes or no?

No, because changing my mind about sin won't take them away, and regretting my sins won't take them away, either.

Watch "Reader", how God's UNtruth refuses to listen.

God's Truth

I'm curious now. Does effectual faith cause one to be shamed by sin, and does shame lead to repentance from sin?

Thanks in advance friend(not a secret word for enemy if you were wondering)

peace

Now we both are asking her the same question. Let's see if she gives a simple yes or no.

popsthebuilder

Are you kidding? AMR is a Calvinist who preaches NO ONE can BELIEVE and OBEY until AFTER they are saved.

You give credit to a man who merely references many scriptures that do not say what he claims they say.

I know without a doubt that man can be saved without technically believing in GOD. They may need a hope or need and sincerity in asking for help or guidance, but as far as them needing to be a professing Christian or even professing believer; no...not needed for initial guidance/ salvation/ help.

I have spoken with him on occasion in the past and find that we generally agree more than not, and prefer to stay on that side of things for the sake of conversation.

I recall not agreeing with you about everything at all times too, but would rather rejoice and edify one another on those things we do agree on; and then perhaps, when moods are calm, ideas and ideologies can be exchanged without the excessive drama which distracts from the possibility of profitable conversation.

I'm sorry if you do not agree with what I say.

To me he is a welcome addition.

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.