ECT For those who believe God requires works to be or stay saved

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
A baby can't do anything for anybody even himself, can't even feed himself without Mama sticking it right there into his mouth.

Babes of the spirit --who are SAVED but usually, or at least often, not yet capable of bearing much discernible fruit. Sometimes you can't tell them very much apart from the unsaved.

Not for nothing Jesus used child-likeness as a pre-requisite for the kingdom of Heaven. They need the "sincere milk" of the word to grow. As they learn and practice flailing and keep getting the word they'll grow and later on they can feed on the meat of the word.

False doctrines are fruits of feeding meat to babes before they're ready, but mostly because of sin of course. Some babes choke on the meat.

If John 3:16 is a promise from God of eternal life upon believing on Jesus Christ. If you "lose it" upon your next sin, then what kind of "eternal" is that??!!!

Obvious answer: It isn't!! Duh. For ALL have sinned and come short, and if we say we have not sin we are liars and make God a liar.

And we know God is not a liar, therefore by the laws of logic and the axiom of the word of God we know that once one believes in Jesus Christ, he has eternal life, he is a new creature, [Jesus] must increase and I must decrease.

2 Timothy 3:15 KJV

Arsenios

Babes of the spirit --who are SAVED but usually, or at least often, not yet capable of bearing much discernible fruit. Sometimes you can't tell them very much apart from the unsaved.

Gal 4:1 Now I say,
That the heir,
as long as he is a child,
differeth nothing from a servant,
though he be lord of all;

This is why obedience is such a treasury for the Christian...

Like Christ, he is the servant of all...

And we know God is not a liar, therefore by the laws of logic and the axiom of the word of God we know that once one believes in Jesus Christ, he has eternal life, he is a new creature, [Jesus] must increase and I must decrease.

One time belief falls short...

Matt 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord,
shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;
but he that is doing the will of my Father
which is in heaven.

Merely saying to Christ Himself "Lord, Lord",
which is most assuredly BELIEF,
will NOT get you there...

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments,
and is keeping them,

he it is that loveth me:
and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father,
and I will love him,
and will manifest myself to him.

One must have and be keeping the Commandments of Christ...

Arsenios

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Question:

What is their purpose? How do works figure in to you getting or staying justified, to the point that without works you will be lost? What is it exactly that your works do for you, or for God, or both?

Remembering without ceasing your work of faith (1 Thess 1:3A, emphasis mine).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
They have a lot of purposes but one is by them we can know where we and others stand with God.

Titus 1:16 They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed.

1 Jn. 2:5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him...
Their works prove who they are.

God is not interested in pulling the rug out from under you. If you want to remain in him after learning the truth, you will (Ro 8:32).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"If anyone is willing, after me to be following, let him first deny himself, then take up his own cross, and follow me."
Yep (Mt 10:38). Killing sin daily
knife_in_head.gif
or Hell-bound filth (1 Cor 15:31).

redneck.gif

Right Divider

Body part
Remembering without ceasing your work of faith (1 Thess 1:3A, emphasis mine).
Please read all scripture in context and do not become a "Bible chopper".

Your quote chops a sentence in half and does not, then, express the real meaning.
1Th 1:1-4 KJV Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. (2) We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers; (3) Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father; (4) Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.
Do you know what the "work of faith" is?

turbosixx

Would someone reconcile Ephesians 2:8-9 and James 2:26?

Eph. 2 says 9 not as a result of works, it doesn't say without works.

The result of works is perfected or complete faith.

James 2:22 You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected;

46"Why do you call Me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?
faith without works is dead

Interplanner

We are saved by works. Christs. This inspires us to works. Ours. If we don't do something out of honor for Christ, guess what? We are not honoring him.