For everyone who is concerned about my eternal soul

IMJerusha

psalm 82 explains how we are judged...

Its not God, its ourselfs....

you see a part of all of us is from God, and God is just.

therefore in the end the measure you judge shall ye be judged.. how is that possible? when we be honest in truth and spirit, then God will not need to judge, we will..

find peace in yourself and you will find peace ..

forgive yourself. find peace and you will see God.

That seems a bit too new age-ish to me. It's like Shirley MacLaine beating on her breast, screaming "I am God!" KWIM?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
what measure you use, will be measured back to you......

what measure you use, will be measured back to you......

That seems a bit too new age-ish to me. It's like Shirley MacLaine beating on her breast, screaming "I am God!" KWIM?

Recognizing universal laws such as forgiveness and how we judge or measure things, is not 'new-age', but a true observation of how things work.

pj

IMJerusha

Recognizing universal laws such as forgiveness and how we judge or measure things, is not 'new-age', but a true observation of how things work.

pj

Sure, as long as we don't attempt to bring the nature of God down to a "more manageable level." Be careful how you use that word "universal." In certain circles it has nothing to do with the faith of Yeshua.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The power of forgiveness......

The power of forgiveness......

Sure, as long as we don't attempt to bring the nature of God down to a "more manageable level." Be careful how you use that word "universal." In certain circles it has nothing to do with the faith of Yeshua.

Well, a true or operative law is 'universal' by nature, so the act of forgiveness includes all who engage it, or give it out. Its for-giving :) - by the act of release (total letting go), we open the channels between us and God and our fellow man, setting all free, making all one again. Jesus 'faith' seems to have included an understanding of this law, for he said by it, we could forgive one another. "forgive, and you will be forgiven". If we don't forgive, we cannot be forgiven. This is true or it is not, however modified.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

One does not need to beat their chest and scream to recognize the presence of the "I Am", since one's own pure awareness is of the same essence as God, since God is One. There is only One Presence that is Being. Only the mind assumes otherwise, with its perception of 'seperation' and 'difference'. God is all.

pj

IMJerusha

One does not need to beat their chest and scream to recognize the presence of the "I Am", since one's own pure awareness is of the same essence as God, since God is One. There is only One Presence that is Being. Only the mind assumes otherwise, with its perception of 'seperation' and 'difference'. God is all.

pj

Tell Shirley that! LOL

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Christ within.............

The Christ within.............

Tell Shirley that! LOL

I haven't kept up with Shirley lately, but there are a good share of many souls on our planet awakening to higher consciousness, as we raise our vibrations to bring in the New Era :)

Does 'Christ-consciousness' ring any bells?

pj

IMJerusha

I haven't kept up with Shirley lately, but there are a good share of many souls on our planet awakening to higher consciousness, as we raise our vibrations to bring in the New Era :)

There is no new era under Yeshua. It's the same as it's always been.

Does 'Christ-consciousness' ring any bells?

Nah. I'll stick with God, Yeshua, the Ruach and the plain old, and yet exhilarating, Gospel. :) Humanism is not God's plan, it's man's plan. That's never a good thing.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Consciousness is key...........

Consciousness is key...........

There is no new era under Yeshua. It's the same as it's always been.

Ah, so no "new heavens or new earth", or Jesus saying "behold, I make all things new". Certainly as evolving mortals on a planet in space-time, there are new dispensations, awakenings, evolutions in consciousness,....no?

Nah. I'll stick with God, Yeshua, the Ruach and the plain old, and yet exhilarating, Gospel. :)

Well, I can respect religious tradition, culture and even orthodoxy,...but don't forget the fresh nuance and renewal of the Spirit dancing over the waters. The Infinite Spirit like a great central sun, is the core-hub of a wheel with numerous spokes which represent various religious traditions, being different rays of the original Light.

Humanism is not God's plan, it's man's plan. That's never a good thing.

'Humanism' rightly appropriated and coordinated by divine guidance and leadership is both logical and natural to eternal progress, but I didn't bring up that particular 'term'. If 'man' be the image and likeness of Deity, therefore an individual expression of divinity, it is natural that he have divine potential and abilities, to use those 'rightly' and 'creatively' in service to life. In this way a kind spiritual-humanism is fitting to human progress.

Scottune

To the author of original post....you make a whole lot of sense. Ive been a christian for thirty yrs now and avid bible reader.
Cant accept hell anymore. Torture is wrong and if that's the only answer to deal with the sin we were born with then in my mind I wouldnt have made man or obliterated adam and eve after they sinned. You may want to consider annihilation as a option. God offers eternal life if you want it and if not u die.
I know this goes against everything I belive but it's where im headed to get thru the abhorrence of a god who allows torture as a result of offering us free will. My kid is gonna cross a highway im gonna pull that kid back....screw his freaking free will...im his dad and that trumps free will.

PureX

We humans do have free will. It is limited, but it's free enough that we can choose to live in meanness, instead of kindness, in selfishness instead of generosity, in competition instead of cooperation with each other, and in violence and vengeance instead of peace and forgiveness. And through our free choice to do so, we can create a hell on Earth for ourselves and each other.

Or we can choose not to.

The choice is ours, but the effect is collective and so also must be our choosing. Will we, as a people, choose to live for the collective good? Or for our individual advantage?

It doesn't really matter what the Bible says. This is the choice we keep facing, all our lives. And to the extent that we experience "hell", it will be as the result of these choices, made both repeatedly and collectively, and effecting us all.

marhig

Hi everyone, I didn't plan on doing this, but when I posted a question in the Religion forum I got a bunch of people wanting to argue with me about my eternal soul, about whether I have read the bible properly, whether I have the right spirit, etc. I really didn't feel like discussing it in that thread, and I really didn't feel like discussing it at all, but since so many people are asking about me personally rather than having something helpful to say in answer to my question, here goes.

I have carefully read and carefully studied the bible for 35 years, ever since I was 13 years old and was told by my abusive stepfather that I will burn in agony in real fire for eternity. I believed it, and when I read the bible, I believed it even more. After many years of terror, when I was about 30 years old, a still, small voice came to me and said, "Torture is wrong."

I have studied science, history, literature, archaeology, biblical scholarship, and many other very nerdy related scholarly fields my whole life, because I am a total nerd. I can point to many, many reasons why I find the bible to be implausible from many, many scholarly vantage points. But none of that matters to me on a personal level, because all I need to know is one thing, and I discovered it independent of all my decades of research: Torture is wrong.

The only way to have an argument about something is to find some common philosophical ground. If you think torture can ever be morally justified, then you and I simply have nothing to talk about. I will not discuss it. I openly and freely admit that I am absolutely closed to any discussion on the matter.

Call me religious. Here's my creed.

A god that wants people to sing joyfully to it while other people burn in agony for eternity is a demon that does not know the first thing about compassion or morality.

A god that can't stomach fire torture but cowardly falls back on some lesser horror like eternal despair is a demon that does not know the first thing about compassion or morality.

The Atheistic Good News is that even without supernatural help, almost every atheist in the world would BEG God to release you, or any human, or any living thing, from such horror. We would never sing. We could never sing, even if we wanted to, because we would be instinctively compelled to beg for your release. Even without supernatural help, just at an animal-instinct level, we love all living things more than eternal-suffering people love their fellow humans.

I can't speak for anyone else, but if I can so unabashedly love a god's people more than they love me, I personally spit in that god's face.
I know this is an old post, but i would like to say that in the bible it says that God is love, and to see God, you only have to read about Jesus who came in his express image. I don't see burning in hell as a natural fire but rather burning in our own lusts. I see the bible as a spiritual book with many deep meanings that God opens our understanding to through revelation the more we obey him and do his will which is to love him with all our hearts and love those around us as we love ourselves, Jesus said that those 2 commandments cover them all. If we follow these commandments we wouldn't hurt anyone else, but love them because God spirit will be living in us and christ will be living through us, and if Christ is living through us, then we will be showing Gods love to everyone, whoever they are.

As Jesus says "those who have ears to hear, hear"