For everyone who is concerned about my eternal soul

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
your 'god' could be a 'fraud' (hey that rhymes)........

your 'god' could be a 'fraud' (hey that rhymes)........

Torture is bad. But atheists keep on doing it.

As noted previously, the main issue here is accepting a 'God' who tortures souls for all eternity, to no end. This is insanity. Many of us have already refuted the concept of ECT (eternal conscious torment) touted by the 'hellfire n brimstone' folks ;)

One's concept or belief about 'God' and his government is what is on trial here, and how one 'interprets' various religious writings (call them 'scripture' or not). But we consider the principle at heart here, and what is logical, just, true, noble, integrous, fair, etc. If a 'God' violates the dictates of conscience, acts contrary to what is just or merciful, and does not ring true to the depths of one's own nature and its innate law of being, then how can that entity be 'Real God'? It is imperfect, a human creation, a demi-urge, a con, a fictional ego. If it might be that, why not research again, question, test whether your belief in 'God', however defined, is valid. Are you courageous enough to question assumptions?

At this moment, all my ideas, images, concepts of 'God' could be dubious, obsolete, meaningless. I'm willing to reevaluate these and keep testing/researching my views. This is a continual creative exercise. I admit there is much I don't know (agnosis) and some glimpses of knowledge (gnosis) that I happen upon from time to time, slivers of light within the blackness of night. So goes the adventure :surf:.........

pj

IMJerusha

Wow - what are you guys doing -- playing good puritan, bad prude on us?

Exactly what bothers you....that I posted from my heart? Is that somehow a bad thing?

Like I posted, there is no "us". It's One on one. Every one of us, every human being has a different relationship with God including atheists, which is why I can't speak to Tambora's behavior, only mine.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Oh, I guess horse show people aren't "respectful types".....oh, and college students aren't either....oh, and those who go to gay bars aren't either. Is that what you're saying? I didn't realize there was a class structure so clearly delineated in different sin communities. Honor among thieves, I guess.

Good post!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I meant God's actions are naturally open to be evaluated, proving what his character/nature is. If God is just, merciful, truly good, loving, all-wise....it will be evident in his actions. In the scenario of God imposing eternal conscious torment (endless punishment meted out to no end) upon souls, this would be unjust, insane, unloving, heinous. I too find this kind of 'God', if one assumes he exists, to be a monster.

~*~*~

The insanity of ECT

This thread might be more appropriate moved to the 'Religion' section, if a moderator could assist in that endeavor.

pj

:kookoo:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
As noted previously, the main issue here is accepting a 'God' who tortures souls for all eternity, to no end. This is insanity. Many of us have already refuted the concept of ECT (eternal conscious torment) touted by the 'hellfire n brimstone' folks ;)

One's concept or belief about 'God' and his government is what is on trial here, and how one 'interprets' various religious writings (call them 'scripture' or not). But we consider the principle at heart here, and what is logical, just, true, noble, integrous, fair, etc. If a 'God' violates the dictates of conscience, acts contrary to what is just or merciful, and does not ring true to the depths of one's own nature and its innate law of being, then how can that entity be 'Real God'? It is imperfect, a human creation, a demi-urge, a con, a fictional ego. If it might be that, why not research again, question, test whether your belief in 'God', however defined, is valid. Are you courageous enough to question assumptions?

At this moment, all my ideas, images, concepts of 'God' could be dubious, obsolete, meaningless. I'm willing to reevaluate these and keep testing/researching my views. This is a continual creative exercise. I admit there is much I don't know (agnosis) and some glimpses of knowledge (gnosis) that I happen upon from time to time, slivers of light within the blackness of night. So goes the adventure :surf:.........

pj
That's your opinion freenight

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
Oh boy, I see that you still want to go at it.
OK by me, Fag.

You insist on making personal remarks over addressing content. You've been warned about that. I have no faith that the mods will admonish you. This thread is not about homosexuality, and yet you insist on bringing it up in a derogatory fashion? That's a low blow. Are you afraid of the actual subject? You and your ilk fight to prevent me from being able to get my marriage legally recognized, and may even want the state to put us to death. But, for your information I have a kind, brilliant, handsome husband, and he is still alive.

IMJerusha

You insist on making personal remarks over addressing content. You've been warned about that. I have no faith that the mods will admonish you. This thread is not about homosexuality, and yet you insist on bringing it up in a derogatory fashion? That's a low blow. Are you afraid of the actual subject? You and your ilk fight to prevent me from being able to get my marriage legally recognized, and may even want the state to put us to death. But, for your information I have a kind, brilliant, handsome husband, and he is still alive.

You're a female??!!!!!:jawdrop:

What's with the male avatar?

IMJerusha

No. He's a fag with a fag partner.

A couple of Harley owners? Cool!...I like Harleys.

Oh, no wait, I just found this at vocabulary.com:
"Fag is mainly used as an offensive term for homosexuals. This is a very strong word that should be avoided in nearly all situations: fag (short for faggot) is a hateful slur against homosexuals. Because fag is such an offensive word, the other meanings are uncommon, but fagging has also meant working hard and getting tired, as in fagging out. A fag — especially in England — is also a cigarette, and in British boys’ schools, fags are servants for older boys." Yeah, I'm thinkin' this site is a bit slanted.

That's odd, they left out the other meaning of faggot...a piece of wood ie. "Put another faggot on the fire!"

Can't a homosexual also be a female? You're really confusing me.

Hey Uber, are you a male or a female?

JosephR

psalm 82 explains how we are judged...

Its not God, its ourselfs....

you see a part of all of us is from God, and God is just.

therefore in the end the measure you judge shall ye be judged.. how is that possible? when we be honest in truth and spirit, then God will not need to judge, we will..

find peace in yourself and you will find peace ..

forgive yourself. find peace and you will see God.