ECT For everyone that says "I obey Jesus."

God's Truth

You are still ignorant of what the word 'repented' means in scripture.
The word does not mean "stopped sinning" are you continually and erroneously procalim.

We are to repent of our sins.

Jesus says so.

You think you can change the words repent to mean change your mind about God. lol Most people never even heard about God. How do you change your mind about God when you never heard about Him in the first place? Everyone has sinned though and knows they have to repent of those sins; unless you have been ensnared to say repent is not of sins.

Here are some words from the ascended Christ:

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God’s commandments and remain faithful to Jesus

Revelation 2:5 'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place-- unless you repent.

Revelation 3:19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood--idols that cannot see or hear or walk.
21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony because of their sufferings and because of their sores, but nevertheless they still refused to repent of their deeds.

11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again, my God may humiliate me before you, and I will grieve for many of those who previously sinned and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and licentiousness that they have practiced.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is not my works that I do, it is God's works that He tells me to do.

I am after His own heart.
YOU are not the one sent into the world to save yourself by your obedience and righteousness.
The Son was sent, and it is by His obedience and righteousness that anyone is saved.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That one still ain't you, GT.

God's Truth

YOU are not the one sent into the world to save yourself by your obedience and righteousness.
The Son was sent, and it is by His obedience and righteousness that anyone is saved.

(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Jesus obeyed and that is why we have SOMEONE TO OBEY.

glorydaz

We are to repent of our sins.

Jesus says so.

You think you can change the words repent to mean change your mind about God. lol

Actually, words are amazing things. Most people are aware of this, and make sure they read a word in context. But, NOT God's UNtruth. :chuckle: When God "repented", He had no sin, but, God does have a mind, and He can change it.

Here is another example where repentance is not talking about sin at all....it's TOWARD GOD AND faith TOWARD Jesus Christ. But, you're a one word/one definition person, which is why you have such a hard time reading God's word. :sigh:

Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Most people never even heard about God. How do you change your mind about God when you never heard about Him in the first place? Everyone has sinned though.

The knowledge of God was created in us. I'm surprised you don't know this. Romans 1:20

And, we can actually change our mind from unbelief to belief.
From trusting in ourselves to trusting in God.

God's Truth

Incorrect, again, because you do not pay attention to what is said.
GOD repented.
GOD did not change His mind about GOD, foolish woman.

Humans have to repent about their sins.

Stop twisting it.

Remember when you used to say that God did not repent of sins as the reason we don't have to? LOL

Now you are changing it to something else.

God's Truth

Is that a ceremonial cleaning of your house?
I thought you taught all the cleaning ordinances were done away with at the cross????

None of Jesus' commands for the new covenant were done away with.

Do you know what a Last Will and Testament is?

Why don't you answer?

Let the Reader know that I have asked Tambora many times and she does not answer.

God's Truth

What is a Last Will and Testament?

God's Truth

Actually, words are amazing things. Most people are aware of this, and make sure they read a word in context. But, NOT God's UNtruth. :chuckle: When God "repented", He had no sin, but, God does have a mind, and He can change it.

Here is another example where repentance is not talking about sin at all....it's TOWARD GOD AND faith TOWARD Jesus Christ. But, you're a one word/one definition person, which is why you have such a hard time reading God's word. :sigh:

Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

The knowledge of God was created in us. I'm surprised you don't know this. Romans 1:20

And, we can actually change our mind from unbelief to belief.
From trusting in ourselves to trusting in God.

We have to repent of SINS.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is repenting of sins before you are saved.
So now you are equating "repented" with cleaning ordinances that you say were nailed to the cross???
You will turn the word "repented" into just about anything to force into your perverted theology, won't ya?
While you reject what the word actually means.

God's Truth

That's "deep", especially since man has always had God to obey.

You'd better think of a new catch phrase. :chuckle:

Aw now you got it.

Now people who fear God and do right get reconciled to God through Jesus.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

1 John 5:3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me,

John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them.

1 Samuel 2:30 "Therefore the LORD, the God of Israel, declares: 'I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.' But now the LORD declares: 'Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.

Psalm 91:14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

Proverbs 1:23Repent at my rebuke!
Then I will pour out my thoughts to you,
I will make known to you my teachings.