ECT For everyone that says "I obey Jesus."

popsthebuilder

I posted Holy Scripture.
Sorry if Holy Scripture is not 'similar' enough for ya.
Ms. Tambora; I haven't been paying attention to your conversation with GT. I don't know why you insist on bringing me into it. Or why you seem to think I was talking to or about you.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

You are to recognize that none of your obedience and righteousness saves you.
Only the obedience and righteousness of one does.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

HINT: That one ain't you.
Of course.

You need to realize that the price was paid for a reason, and it isn't for the easy life or broad front gate

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They should have obeyed. It would have delayed the atrocious crucifixion of our Lord and King.

Ummm, stick to the point made ---- ie. the ERROR of GT's statement:

It is never EVER reasonable to teach not to obey the one you claim is your Lord.

Goes right along with her other errouneous statement she keeps making ------ "We must obey EVERYTHING Jesus commanded". ..... and ..... "All of Jesus' commands are for everyone at all times".

Matthew 16:20 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

No matter how many times her error is pointed out, she will throw up every distraction and rabbit hole she can think of to avoid admitting her mistake.
She makes untrue statements and you don't care.

popsthebuilder

Ummm, stick to the point made ---- ie. the ERROR of GT's statement:

Goes right along with her other errouneous statement she keeps making ------ "We must obey EVERYTHING Jesus commanded". ..... and ..... "All of Jesus' commands are for everyone at all times".

Matthew 16:20 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

No matter how many times her error is pointed out, she will throw up every distraction and rabbit hole she can think of to avoid admitting her mistake.
She makes untrue statements and you don't care.
I already said they should have listened to Jesus. They weren't to tell anyone till the crucifixion.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Claiming to do what you do not, and cannot do is wrong.
Professing what you do not have is wrong.
Saying your dead faith in yourself is what saves you is wrong.
Pretending you are "serving the Lord" by preaching your false gospel is DEAD WRONG.
Yep, they still think they can EARN salvation by their works.
Paul's whole point is that grace cannot be bought or earned through works, as grace is UNMERITED favor and given freely.

popsthebuilder

You can't show that bottom layer, much less show where I misspoke. :rolleyes:

First you make obscure statements you can't support, and then you accuse me of diverting attention.
Whatever; you know what you did.

Unlike some; my sole intent isn't to try to catch others in some wrong word.

drbrumley

There’ll be days I lose the battle
Grace says that it doesn’t matter
‘Cause the cross already won the war
He’s Greater, He’s Greater

God's Truth

5235.gif

"Scoot over Jesus and let me finish up what your sacrifice on the cross was insufficient to cover."

That's the battle cry of the worker bees seeking to earn salvation by their own obedience and righteousness instead of relying on the only one with the righteousness and obedience that saves.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

They hate the gospel of grace because it leaves all their boasting of their own obedience and righteousness completely out.

Can you hear?

The only time ‘faith alone’ is mentioned in the Bible, it is to tell us what kind of faith not to have.
James 2:24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.
Faith alone without any right action does not save. Apostle James says such faith is DEAD.
Many denominations call that dead faith ‘saving faith’.

James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
James tells us faith alone cannot save a man. See James 2:14.

That “dead faith” is NOT the most important kind of faith ever known.

Faith alone without works is dead. Our faith must be alive. Faith with obedience is living faith.
The works we do not have to do to justify ourselves is be circumcised, observe special days, and sacrifice animals. Those are the works that Paul is speaking about, but people misunderstand Paul to their destruction. What insanity it is to think Paul is rebuking people from obeying Jesus.
Peter tells us that people misunderstand Paul. Right after Peter says that, he warns us to obey. See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.