Fighting fire with fire will burn up the whole of the earth.

popsthebuilder

the act of propitiating

2: something that propitiates;specifically : an atoning sacrifice

Jesus came as a living sacrifice to atone for our sins, he came into this sinful flesh and bore his cross (the same cross that we have to take up) and he denied the flesh and his will to live by the will of God and he suffered to bare witness to the truth and preach the gospel, the ministry of reconciliation by which God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself by his word and bringing us a new and living way to follow.

And once we believe and repent and turn to God then we are forgiven of our sins, and Jesus has then saved us from the wrath of God and we are no longer separated from God by sin, but rather we put on the new man and we are covered in Christ, and we start to turn from sin, and once we become born anew of the Spirit and Christ is made manifest within our hearts then we are saved by his life and we are risen from death to life with Christ and we become children of the living God through Christ, and God then strengthens us to overcome the works of the flesh and the world. I see the blood of Christ as his poured out life, the life he lived striving against sin, and once we are covered in his blood which is his life within, then we too will strive against sin as his life is lived out through us.

I believe that there are three, the father, son and Holy Spirit. I believe that the father is the Almighty God, and he is the head of Christ, and he has exalted Christ Jesus to be above us all and made him our Lord, and set him at his right hand and he has given him all authority over everything in heaven and in earth and that he is the God of Christ Jesus, because Jesus says this himself so I believe him. And I believe that the son is in subjection to the father, and that the father has put all things under his feet and we are to obey God and the teachings of Christ Jesus and live by the will of God and once we do and once we walk in the light of God and walk in the Spirit, then we will worship the father in Spirit and in truth.

That's what I believe to be the truth. And Jesus was murdered by wicked men for baring witness to the truth, if it was a good thing to murder Jesus, then they would not have needed forgiveness. But Jesus said father forgive them, so what they did was a sin before God.
Do you believe that the Spirit of GOD was within Jesus, guiding Him at one point? Do you think at another point Jesus wholly emptied himself and received the fullness of the Spirit?

Thank you for discussing.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I think we disagree about the cross, and I don't believe that Jesus is God, I think that you do? But I'd never judge you and if you live by the will of God and obey him as you say you do, and you love him from your heart, and truly follow Jesus, then you are by brother in Christ.

I have never judged any one whether they are Christian or not.
I only reject their simple and basic of Jesus teachings.

I never called pops not a Christian either. It is not my job to judge anyone's salvation, period.

blessings.

marhig

Do you believe that the Spirit of GOD was within Jesus, guiding Him at one point? Do you think at another point Jesus wholly emptied himself and received the fullness of the Spirit?

Thank you for discussing.

I believe that the Spirit of God was always with Jesus, Jesus said the the father never leaves him because he always does what pleases him. And it says in the Bible that Jesus was pleasing God as a child, he waxed strong in Spirit as a child and he was about his father's business at the age of 12. So the father was always with him and he was filled with the Holy Spirit and the father gave him power over all flesh.

Emptying himself? Do you mean the poured out life? Becoming humble, and living by the will of God and speaking every word that God gave him to speak, preaching the gospel and living by the commandments of God to bare witness to the truth, denying his will thinking not of himself but always thinking of God and others and bringing the love of God to all, pouring out his life full of love and being a light in this dark world, giving his all for God and us with the hope of saving many. Is this what you mean by emptying himself? If so then yes.

popsthebuilder

I believe that the Spirit of God was always with Jesus, Jesus said the the father never leaves him because he always does what pleases him. And it says in the Bible that Jesus was pleasing God as a child, he waxed strong in Spirit as a child and he was about his father's business at the age of 12. So the father was always with him and he was filled with the Holy Spirit and the father gave him power over all flesh.

Emptying himself? Do you mean the poured out life? Becoming humble, and living by the will of God and speaking every word that God gave him to speak, preaching the gospel and living by the commandments of God to bare witness to the truth, denying his will thinking not of himself but always thinking of God and others and bringing the love of God to all, pouring out his life full of love and being a light in this dark world, giving his all for God and us with the hope of saving many. Is this what you mean by emptying himself? If so then yes.
Of course.

I still appreciate your ability to accurately articulate what I mean but cannot convey as well.

thanks

peace sister.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Simply put, His followers should not take part in world's affaires like politics because it is of the world.

Many churches don't seem to understand this simple concept. That's the reason why most churches get involved with politics. The military is of the world. That's why His followers should not take part of this violent institution.
Everyone should be involved in politics because it concerns all households.
You don't abandon making rules and regulations for the community anymore than you should abandon making rules and regulations in your own household.
And you do not abandon protection of the community anymore than you should abandon the protection of your own household.
Those are not worldly things, they are Godly things.
A good shepherd does not abandon the welfare and safety of the sheep and leave them to fend for themselves as you propose to do.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Everyone should be involved in politics because it concerns all households.
You don't abandon making rules and regulations for the community anymore than you should abandon making rules and regulations in your own household.
And you do not abandon protection of the community anymore than you should abandon the protection of your own household.
Those are not worldly things, they are Godly things.
A good shepherd does not abandon the welfare and safety of the sheep and leave them to fend for themselves as you propose to do.

Yep.

popsthebuilder

Let's take this discussion away from focus on separate Nations and their militaries.

Let's focus on more personal fighting.

If one steals from you, would you look to steal from them or hurt them somehow?

What is someone falsely accused you? Would you do the same to them or bring it out in the light or hide it and continue in perseverance in the teachings of the Christ?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Let's take this discussion away from focus on separate Nations and their militaries.

Let's focus on more personal fighting.

If one steals from you, would you look to steal from them or hurt them somehow?

What is someone falsely accused you? Would you do the same to them or bring it out in the light or hide it and continue in perseverance in the teachings of the Christ?

Why do you dismiss military issue?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I don't.
It has been gone over.
It wasn't ever the sole intent of this topic.

I don't think you discussed thoroughly.

You are taking it lightly.

Christians in the military is one of the biggest hypocrisy in Christian community because, they are misrepresenting Jesus greatly. It is very clear to me.

If we close our eyes of those organizational sins, we are sharing the same guilt.

popsthebuilder

I don't think you discussed thoroughly.

You are taking it lightly.

Christians in the military is one of the biggest hypocrisy in Christian community because, they are misrepresenting Jesus greatly. It is very clear to me.

If we close our eyes of those organizational sins, we are sharing the same guilt.
I'm not closing my eyes to anything.

It is not the topic.

popsthebuilder

Yep.
Pushing an agenda that GOD never did.
Yet you cannot love your enemy or your neighbor through war.

Defence of those in need is not war necessarily.

Jesus said He came with a sword.....it isn't a literal physical sword...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yet you cannot love your enemy or your neighbor through war.

Um, yes you can...

OK, SCENARIO:

A family of four, mom, dad, brother, and sister. The parents love their children dearly.

Brother is raping the sister, and tells her that He will harm or kill her if she tells anyone. Eventually, the parents find out.

How do they resolve this issue? They love their children, but they don't want their son harming their daughter, so the only solution is to send their son away, never to return.

In the same way, let's say a nation is doing wicked things, and another nation comes along and demands that they cease their wickedness. They refuse, and refuse, and refuse some more, to where their actions severely harm the nations around them, and the only way to put an end to their wickedness is to destroy them, sending them to await judgment by God. The goal is not to destroy them, but to make them realize that they are in the wrong.

Still disagree?

Consider this:

If your friend is harming himself and/or those around him, would it be more loving to allow them to continue, or more loving to rebuke them and/or get them to stop what they're doing?

Defence of those in need is not war necessarily.

Jesus said He came with a sword.....it isn't a literal physical sword...