Fighting fire with fire will burn up the whole of the earth.

drbrumley

Let's make it a little more obvious shall we?

And I had hoped you were some genuine seeker. You had espoused a couple of promising things....

I can be hopeful to the point of being naive it seems at times.....strange too, because I know better.....

Maybe some other time...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Um, what are you talking about? I'm not the only one who saw it. And I didn't even report it, which I almost always do, friend or no friend. These are the rules, I dont make em.

and genuine seeker? seeker of what? I seek Jesus daily....the only truth I need.

I dont have any issues with you. We disagree on certain things, sure....and maybe we can walk thru em together at some point.

Shoot I really had no problem with Meshak either until she became rude and took liberties and insulting everyone who disagreed with her. I have not done anything of the sort with you. So let's not do it to me like Meshak hss

meshak

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION],

I did not get answer to this question:

How do you understand Jesus says "His followers are not of the world"?

this is a simple question. I don't think you can make it vague.

thanks.

Peace.

popsthebuilder

[MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION],

I did not get answer to this question:

How do you understand Jesus says "His followers are not of the world"?

this is a simple question. I don't think you can make it vague.

thanks.

Peace.

The selfish desires of self are dead. The wants of the flesh are dead. They live by Christ and for Christ. That is to say that they worship GOD in Spirit and in Truth.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The selfish desires of self are dead. The wants of the flesh are dead. They live by Christ and for Christ. That is to say that they worship GOD in Spirit and in Truth.

Simply put, His followers should not take part in world's affaires like politics because it is of the world.

Many churches don't seem to understand this simple concept. That's the reason why most churches get involved with politics. The military is of the world. That's why His followers should not take part of this violent institution.

His followers have responsibility to spread Jesus and His teachings to the world. They are supposed to work for God's kingdom, not for this world.

I don't think you are fully understanding what of the world means.
[MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION],

I know you are with me on this one too. I would like your input too.

thank you Mary.

popsthebuilder

Simply put, His followers should not take part in world's affaires like politics because it is of the world.

Many churches don't seem to understand this simple concept. That's the reason why most churches get involved with politics. The military is of the world. That's why His followers should not take part of this violent institution.

His followers have responsibility to spread Jesus and His teachings to the world. They are supposed to work for God's kingdom, not for this world.

thank you Mary.
I agree that they would leave the things of this world to this world.

That includes politics and violence.

marhig

thank you Mary.

Yes absolutely, the world will fight and and hurt one another and struggle for power, but those who belong to God and know him should not be getting involved, we are here to do the works of God, and bring the love of God and life of Christ to others, even to those that hate us, not kill them. The world will take care if itself, God's people take care of the things of God and live to please him.

marhig

This is how those who belong to God fight, we fight spiritual warfare not natural warfare.

Ephesians 6

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God

2 Corinthians 10

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

popsthebuilder

Yes absolutely, the world will fight and and hurt one another and struggle for power, but those who belong to God and know him should not be getting involved, we are here to do the works of God, and bring the love of God and life of Christ to others, even to those that hate us, not kill them. The world will take care if itself, God's people take care of the things of God and live to please him.
Hey.... not trying to debate you or argue or anything. I was just wandering what things you have noticed over time that we do not agree on when it comes to christian faith. I will not contest these points. I only want them for myself, or my own curiousity.

Thanks,

peace

marhig

Hey.... not trying to debate you or argue or anything. I was just wandering what things you have noticed over time that we do not agree on when it comes to christian faith. I will not contest these points. I only want them for myself, or my own curiousity.

Thanks,

peace

I think we disagree about the cross, and I don't believe that Jesus is God, I think that you do? But I'd never judge you and if you live by the will of God and obey him as you say you do, and you love him from your heart, and truly follow Jesus, then you are by brother in Christ.

popsthebuilder

I think we disagree about the cross, and I don't believe that Jesus is God, I think that you do. But I'd never judge you and if you live by the will of God and obey him as you say you do, and you love him from your heart, and truly follow Jesus, then you are by brother in Christ.
The cross?.....

I don't understand.

And I will NEVER equate any man to GOD.

Could you please explain what you mean about the cross?

Last edited:

marhig

The cross?.....

I don't understand.

And I will ever equate any man to GOD.

Could you please explain what uoueam about the cross?

That Jesus died on the cross to save us, I think you believe this to be the truth. I don't. I believe that Jesus came to bare witness to the truth and save as many as would believe on him and the gospel and repent and turn to God, through faith by the grace of God.

popsthebuilder

That Jesus died on the cross to save us, I think you believe this to be the truth. I don't. I believe that Jesus came to bare witness to the truth and save as many as would believe on him and the gospel and repent and turn to God, through faith by the grace of God.

I'm not sure why you think I believe this as you have stated. I admit I do not have a full grasp on propitiation or atonement, but I do not believe in original sin or that the Christ ever died. I don't believe the spirit that was in Jesus could die, because I believe He was filled with the Spirit of GOD/ Holy Spirit.....which cannot be killed or die. I know we are to take up our own cross, yet this is not literal and refers to seeming hardship or light burden of the Lord which is no burden at all, but the loosing of the bindings of the flesh and desires there from, and the following the Way set forth in our hearts by Christ/ GOD.

to be clear; now that Christ has assended I do not divide Christ and GOD; to me they are simply the Spirit of GOD.....if I say Christ I am generally referring to the Holy Spirit or Christ after ascention to the right hand of GOD.

I hope that clears some of the confusion. If we still aren't in agreement then that is fine. I will not hold it against you either dear sister. I respect your opinion and unwavering demeanor.

may GOD continually bless you and guide us all to do HIS will, by HIS leave and Way, and to HIS glorification alone.

Is there anything else?

Thank you really.

To bring these things out in the open is good.

peace

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
John the Baptist came to bear witness.

John 1:1-17 KJV -

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

marhig

I'm not sure why you think I believe this as you have stated. I admit I do not have a full grasp on propitiation or atonement, but I do not believe in original sin or that the Christ ever died. I don't believe the spirit that was in Jesus could die, because I believe He was filled with the Spirit of GOD/ Holy Spirit.....which cannot be killed or die. I know we are to take up our own cross, yet this is not literal and refers to seeming hardship or light burden of the Lord which is no burden at all, but the loosing of the bindings of the flesh and desires there from, and the following the Way set forth in our hearts by Christ/ GOD.

to be clear; now that Christ has assended I do not divide Christ and GOD; to me they are simply the Spirit of GOD.....if I say Christ I am generally referring to the Holy Spirit or Christ after ascention to the right hand of GOD.

I hope that clears some of the confusion. If we still aren't in agreement then that is fine. I will not hold it against you either dear sister. I respect your opinion and unwavering demeanor.

may GOD continually bless you and guide us all to do HIS will, by HIS leave and Way, and to HIS glorification alone.

Is there anything else?

Thank you really.

To bring these things out in the open is good.

peace

the act of propitiating

something that propitiates;specifically : an atoning sacrifice

Jesus came as a living sacrifice to atone for our sins, he came into this sinful flesh and bore his cross (the same cross that we have to take up) and he denied the flesh and his will to live by the will of God and he suffered to bare witness to the truth and preach the gospel, the ministry of reconciliation by which God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself by his word and bringing us a new and living way to follow.

And once we believe and repent and turn to God then we are forgiven of our sins, and Jesus has then saved us from the wrath of God and we are no longer separated from God by sin, but rather we put on the new man and we are covered in Christ, and we start to turn from sin, and once we become born anew of the Spirit and Christ is made manifest within our hearts then we are saved by his life and we are risen from death to life with Christ and we become children of the living God through Christ, and God then strengthens us to overcome the works of the flesh and the world. I see the blood of Christ as his poured out life, the life he lived striving against sin, and once we are covered in his blood which is his life within, then we too will strive against sin as his life is lived out through us.

I believe that there are three, the father, son and Holy Spirit. I believe that the father is the Almighty God, and he is the head of Christ, and he has exalted Christ Jesus to be above us all and made him our Lord, and set him at his right hand and he has given him all authority over everything in heaven and in earth and that he is the God of Christ Jesus, because Jesus says this himself so I believe him. And I believe that the son is in subjection to the father, and that the father has put all things under his feet and we are to obey God and the teachings of Christ Jesus and live by the will of God and once we do and once we walk in the light of God and walk in the Spirit, then we will worship the father in Spirit and in truth.

That's what I believe to be the truth. And Jesus was murdered by wicked men for baring witness to the truth, if it was a good thing to murder Jesus, then they would not have needed forgiveness. But Jesus said father forgive them, so what they did was a sin before God.

marhig

John the Baptist came to bear witness.

John 1:1-17 KJV -

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
And this is all true because God was in Christ, Jesus only spoke what the father gave him to speak, so his word is the word of God.