Fighting fire with fire will burn up the whole of the earth.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That isn't answering.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I told you, I'm not budging from where we are at now until you affirm that Jesus did not contradict the Old Testament.

Did Jesus affirm the Old Testament as being completely valid?

popsthebuilder

I told you, I'm not budging from where we are at now until you affirm that Jesus did not contradict the Old Testament.

Did Jesus affirm the Old Testament as being completely valid?
And I already told you He didn't contradict it, but she'd light and truth on it.

popsthebuilder

That isn't me saying Jesus contradicted anything.

I clearly spoke about the change in law and the fact that He came with the truth.

If the OT was already the truth then why did Jesus bring Truth?

Now will you answer my earlier questions? I bet you won't.

popsthebuilder

I don't reject the OT, but when it contradicts the words of the Christ then it is apparent that there is a misunderstanding somewhere.

I've got a scenario for you;

A man is robbed of a particular possession from his property for months at night. He eventually concludes that the perpetrator is an adolescent male approx. 15 in age.

According to Christ what is one to do?

According to the OT what is one to do?

It's night time during the event....is it good to rifle butt them in the side of the face and point blank their wrist with buck shot? Squirrel shot? Why not wait till he goes to leave and catch him with the other barrel.....the one loaded with a slug? Did you not turn the other cheek repeatedly? Do you commit an act of violence in revenge and retribution or do you rebuke the theif?

What would you do?

Let's look at the consequences of violent retribution or retaliation by the hand of man within the above context;

Shot to the wrist.... incapacitating hand indefinitely. You showed that boy....he most likely won't steal from you again. But what self hate and angst would that bring towards the theif? They would be unable to work really. They would most likely be filled with anger to the point of harm of another or self, if not worse.

What if you had killed him in retaliation? It was night. What burden would that put on your conscience knowing you killed a young man...a child....shot him as he fled the scene. Damn near cut him clean in two. How will that affect his family. Do you not think they will seek out violent retribution themselves? Where does it end as tensions rise and pride swells? Negative plus negative only ever equals greater negativity. Do the math. So a greater positive added to a lesser negative will always leave a positive.

Oooohhhh......what if that end positive causes a positive?.....

But none wants to accept how to effect positive change for all. Why? Pride greed fear.