Feminist furious at funny kid video

Arthur Brain

Right. I must be "bonkers" and ignorant.

That's why I think my listening habits in the past have influenced my present musical preferences. What an outlandish idea.

Except it wasn't just that. You insisted that people can effectively train themselves to enjoy music that they find thoroughly bland, insipid and boring and weren't exactly open to the counters on that. You wouldn't listen to me when I told you there's no way I could enjoy generic pop music and told you as to why. You still insisted otherwise so yeh, I'm gonna call that out as bonkers and when you persist with such a line then it becomes ignorant as well. Heck, 'Genuine Original' used to trot out a similar notion that people could train themselves to fall in love with and become sexually attracted to inanimate objects.

Bonkers.

Everyone that disagrees with you does so out of insanity and ignorance. Keep believing that.

I don't believe that anyway. I've had disagreements with loads of people on here including those I consider friends. Don't generally consider their counters insane or ignorant, don't particularly consider you to be those overall but your position on this is pretty out there man...

glassjester

Except it wasn't just that.

Are you saying that if it was "just that," you'd agree?

You insisted that people can effectively train themselves to enjoy music that they find thoroughly bland, insipid and boring and weren't exactly open to the counters on that. You wouldn't listen to me when I told you there's no way I could enjoy generic pop music and told you as to why.

I definitely listened, man. For a good, long while, too.

You still insisted otherwise so yeh, I'm gonna call that out as bonkers and when you persist with such a line then it becomes ignorant as well.

If you say so.

Heck, 'Genuine Original' used to trot out a similar notion that people could train themselves to fall in love with and become sexually attracted to inanimate objects.

Maybe they do. Who the heck knows?

Or maybe it's bonkers, sure. It might be. I don't know anything about that phenomenon. Do you?

I don't believe that anyway. I've had disagreements with loads of people on here including those I consider friends. Don't generally consider their counters insane or ignorant, don't particularly consider you to be those overall but your position on this is pretty out there man...

Even the "just that" part?

quip

BANNED
Banned
if there was found a "gay gene", how loudly would libs squawk if people chose to abort babies with that gene?

How would the right respond to an attempt to extricate from God's humanity homosexuality by aborting any fetus with the "gay gene"?

Ends justify the means?

Arthur Brain

Are you saying that if it was "just that," you'd agree?

Not completely but it would have been a better argument rather than just insisting people can train themselves to enjoy music that bores them.

I definitely listened, man. For a good, long while, too.

Yet you still doggedly insisted that people can enjoy things themselves they find tedious. If you'd kept it more to a positive association argument that would have been more reasonable. I'm never gonna enjoy Beyonce on a musical level, it's bland commercial pap that does absolutely nothing for me. I could have fondness for a particular song for it's associations with a positive event - I think I even conceded that much but it would not be on a musical level at all. It became tiresome when you argued that these things could be enjoyed for themselves and it was ignorant to keep insisting that was possible for other people.

If you say so.

Well, if someone insisted that you could enjoy or do something you knew fine well you couldn't then wouldn't that strike you as pretty ignorant if they persisted?

Maybe they do. Who the heck knows?

Some people seem to think that straight people can choose to be attracted to their same gender. go figure...

Or maybe it's bonkers, sure. It might be. I don't know anything about that phenomenon. Do you?

Enough to know that it's crackers...;)

Even the "just that" part?

Addressed at the start.