Feminist furious at funny kid video

Arthur Brain

My claim was (and is) that you are the author of your own musical tastes - that your own choices shape your taste in music.

Do you really want to bring this up again?

Then you're just as bonkers as you were the last time the subject came up then. I have never "chosen" to be drawn to a piece of music or be 'blown away' by certain pieces in that regard. I did not "author" some sort of musical taste where I had some sort of remit as to what would or wouldn't have a 'pleasing effect' to the ear...

If you can't get the fact that some things are beyond choice or will then either time or ignorance will or won't help you on that score.

Lon

Then you're just as bonkers as you were the last time the subject came up then. I have never "chosen" to be drawn to a piece of music or be 'blown away' by certain pieces in that regard. I did not "author" some sort of musical taste where I had some sort of remit as to what would or wouldn't have a 'pleasing effect' to the ear...

If you can't get the fact that some things are beyond choice or will then either time or ignorance will or won't help you on that score.
I agree with her for the most part, you somewhat. A friend talked me into listening to DCTalk. I didn't like them. Years later, I love a lot of what they did. I even grew to love some other rap, and some of it is very moving to me. I could go on, but I do believe a lot of tastes are acquired rather than innate. That said, I don't think any of us really like eating hemlock. If it is ever an exception, I'd bet 10 to 1 it didn't or doesn't last long...

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I agree with her for the most part, you somewhat. A friend talked me into listening to DCTalk. I didn't like them. Years later, I love a lot of what they did. I even grew to love some other rap, and some of it is very moving to me. I could go on, but I do believe a lot of tastes are acquired rather than innate. That said, I don't think any of us really like eating hemlock. If it is ever an exception, I'd bet 10 to 1 it didn't or doesn't last long...

Lon, its bed time buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lon

glassjester

Right. I must be "bonkers" and ignorant.

That's why I think my listening habits in the past have influenced my present musical preferences. What an outlandish idea.

Everyone that disagrees with you does so out of insanity and ignorance. Keep believing that.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
cause vs correlation.....learn it.

Homosexuals may have been abused doesn't mean abuse is the sufficient cause.

that's true in itself, but it certainly bears examination

I'd be curious to see how many heterosexuals claim to have been abused as children, as a starting point

Actually, that's a possibility. Is it not?

it is, that's why i threw it out there

or, it might be in this case that it (97% of homos report being abused as children) is totally unrelated

if stats show, for example that 97% of heteros report being abused as children

if, however, stats show that only 3% of heteros report being abused as children, I would think that there exists a causal link between abuse and self-identifiaction as homo

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
here's one study's findings:

In 2001, the journal Archives of Sexual Behavior published a study entitled Comparative data of childhood and adolescence molestation in heterosexual and homosexual persons. The abstract for this article states the following:
“ In research with 942 nonclinical adult participants, gay men and lesbian women reported a significantly higher rate of childhood molestation than did heterosexual men and women. Forty-six percent of the homosexual men in contrast to 7% of the heterosexual men reported homosexual molestation. Twenty-two percent of lesbian women in contrast to 1% of heterosexual women reported homosexual molestation.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Sexual_abuse_being_a_contributing_factor_for_homosexuality