Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you saying that I lump you in with bad people? If anything I have recently been complimenting you on many of your posts. I guess the saying is true, no good deed goes unpunished.

BTW: I gave you a good answer to your other question. You ignored the good answer and went for this one.

I was asking a question and the *you* was referencing you as well as others.

"Hmmm. Here's what jumped out at me: Feminists writing about Feminism.

Would that be like Nazis writing about Nazi history? Ya' think it might be just a tad biased?"

Your terminology compares feminist to Nazis. As an anti-abortion feminist, it's every bit as insulting if I were to compare Catholics to Nazis.

You are no more responsible for a Catholic's bad deeds than I am for the bad acts of a radical feminist.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
It's not a jab and if I didn't like you, and consider you a Brother in Yeshua, I wouldn't bother to tell you the Truth. ..........

Well, I know that you tell me what you believe to be the truth, and therefore I see you are being honest according to your conscience.

........Follow Him, not the doctrines of men.

Ya' just had to toss in the ol' "doctrines of men" shtick didn't you. Grrrrrr

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I was asking a question and the *you* was referencing you as well as others.

"Hmmm. Here's what jumped out at me: Feminists writing about Feminism.

Would that be like Nazis writing about Nazi history? Ya' think it might be just a tad biased?"

Your terminology compares feminist to Nazis. As an anti-abortion feminist, it's every bit as insulting if I were to compare Catholics to Nazis.

You are no more responsible for a Catholic's bad deeds than I am for the bad acts of a radical feminist.

Okay:

Earlier I talked about leftist extremists usurping the name "feminist" long ago. It was to those people I was referring. And ultra-extremists of any persuasion are like Nazis in that they use the same tactics and seek the same goal, to dominate, to impose their view, and to eradicate people who disagree. Stalin, Mao, Hitler... ....same game, different faces.

But I do not consider you to be like them so I didn't even have you in mind when I said that. There is authentic feminism that seeks the feminine, and then there are the Femi-nazis. You know its true. But I am sorry if you thought I was talking about you.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But I do not consider you to be like them so I didn't even have you in mind when I said that. There is authentic feminism that seeks the feminine, and then there are the Femi-nazis. You know its true. But I am sorry if you thought I was talking about you.

Oh, I agree that there are feminists I do not agree with nor wish to be associated with.

One of the reasons I often put up the link for Feminists For Life is remind people that like with everything, it's the radicals who are the problem, not those who truly wish to see women protected.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
You see how we can talk when we understand each other? Everyone here thinks I'm a jerk, but they never actually hear what I am saying like you do. I am really not a bad guy. In fact if you met me in person you'd think I was a real nice guy. Seriously.

You, the sort-of-left other, me, the Catholic rightwinger, we can talk without arguing. I really don't like arguing believe it or not. But I am easily provoked into it by some people.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You would, because you like to lie.

In fact, I have no idea what an M-Word is. Do you?

And Dail is not a word.

I know that for people like you, facts are disrespectful. Perhaps if you try to be an honest person you will not find facts so distasteful

Chill out!

moparguy

My views on women is as follows:

A woman should define HERSELF and her role rather than allowing a man or society to define it for her.

There is no "one size fits all" in regards to women and what they are best suited for.

So, you prescribe to the one size fits all position that there is no one size that fits all?

What if a woman decides, for herself, that she SHOULDN'T define herself and her role, and decides that men and society should define it for her?

On what basis would you disagree and call this wrong... that is, on what basis without contradicting yourself?

----

Feminism is nothing more than the female version of chauvinism. Both come in varying degrees and both are bad for the same reason - both appeal to false justifications, and thus produce anarchism. It just happens that right now feminism is popular.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, you prescribe to the one size fits all position that there is no one size that fits all?

Oh, you never learned comprehensive reading, did you?

What if a woman decides, for herself, that she SHOULDN'T define herself and her role, and decides that men and society should define it for her?

Well, it's her right ... or are you denying she has that right as well?

On what basis would you disagree and call this wrong... that is, on what basis without contradicting yourself?

Based on the quality of your posts thus far, the basis of my being right is disagreeing with you.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Read, "Who Stole Feminism? How Women Have Betrayed Women"
Christina Hoff Sommers
"Professing Feminism: Cautionary Tales from the Strange World of Women's Studies"
Daphne Patai and Noretta Koertge
"Heterophobia: Sexual Harassment and the Future of Feminism"
Daphne Patai
"Patai and Koertge find BIODENIAL, a theory based on the tenets of social constructionism, equally inane and pernicious. Social constructionism holds that most of what society claims is "natural," "real," "objective," is, in fact, socially constructed. Applying this hypothesis, radical feminists argue that the teachings of science, rather than being attempts to describe the natural world, are, in fact, culturally constructed myths, covertly rooted in the assumptions of our male-dominated, Eurocentric culture. "
Whenever I see words like these, I know I am facing the moronic side of academia.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm philosophically and realistically minded, not emotionally minded.

I don't find a rape victim to be in a worse boat then a man who loses his house, finances, and children to a selfish wife.
Sue me.

You all have no recourse for one, why should I for the other?

And
There's always an ignore list function.

There's also the fact that rape is something that can only be reduced to a certain extent, and it's not much.

Rape has been around since the Neanderthals. The whole knocking a woman out and dragging her into a cave?
That's probably not too far from the truth.

One can't really blame men based on that, however- they lacked the capacity for the type of morals we have.

The point is that in the beginning of relevant mankind, we were coming out of that and it took time for us to come to terms with our moral compass we've gained.

I can pretty much guarantee that rape wasn't seen as severe by either man or women in olden times. They were really hard times where women had stones about them; very different then this new age.

So insofar as rape couldn't be proven, it wasn't necessarily seen as next to near murder like it is today.

Muslims from what I understand, in their Shariah Law, kill anyone proven to have raped a women. Of course, it only applies to women who are betrothed to another; they of course have the right to rape their spouse.
It seems brutal, but this has been the case for much of society since the beginning, and there was never one martyr to have ever come forward with a relevant cause.

I believe that to. Unfortunately, it will never happen because according to society, women are victims and we shan't be concerned for any justice of men!

'Macho' doesn't have anything to do with it. In reality, that sort of distracts from the real points.

Men and women think very differently, act differently, are raised differently, have different responsibilities at the core of their families, and that is where the rudiments lie-
the workplace is a not a fundamental thing; the roles before should determine the roles thereafter.

The typical woman votes for whoever their husband votes for. That means that the main purpose, whether intended or not, serves best for independent women.

And what causes women to be independent rather then betrothed? There's a lot to take in- a big picture that all correlates together.

Is this you skybringr?

dont_turn_this_date_rape_into_a_homicide.jpg

Last edited:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Talk about implicit racism, you would add credence to the Ivy League schoolmasters.
And you add credence to the fact that these days, fools cry racism at every drop of the hat.

Racists are the people who see racism in every word people say, like you did. I am not a racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.