Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMJerusha

DIAL. It's fairly apparent IK made a transposition error. And the "M" word. Read Skybringer's post and refer to the recent thread that Knight such down.

Yeah, we gotta watch those transposition errors and such! :rotfl:

It would be nice if we could get rid of the 'M' word...you know, 'moron'. But then we'd have to get rid of the 'R' word (retard) and a whole bunch of other words. Before long we'd get to the 'G', 'J/Y', 'S' words and we wouldn't even resemble the 'C' word anymore at that point so......Oh, it's so confusing!!!

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Hmmm. Here's what jumped out at me: Feminists writing about Feminism.

Would that be like Nazis writing about Nazi history? Ya' think it might be just a tad biased?
Don't Catholics write about Catholicism?

Fair question I must admit.

I would say in response that history and facts are history and facts. They should not change based on who writes about them.

Catholicism on the other hand is a belief system, a systematic theological organic faith, and not just simply historical facts. Ergo the people who write about it should be the people who know about it. If I were to make an analogy, anybody could write about the mechanics of sending a man to Mars, but only the writing of a rockect scientist would really be worth rerading.

IMJerusha

:chuckle: That was no transposition error ... that was a "have not finished my pot of coffee this morning yet" error. :eek:

:nono: That's no excuse. I haven't even had my morning coffee yet. Which reminds me, it's done brewing. :coffee:

Oh, I see you ficked it! :D Ehrm.....fixed.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Aww now, hold on, they've lumped scholars together with feminists so it must be right on! Right?
Scholars. Its such a broad term that could mean anything. And considering how university campuses are bastions of extremist leftistism, "scholar" is not a word that makes me feel very warm and fuzzy.

IMJerusha

Fair question I must admit.

I would say in response that history and facts are history and facts. They should not change based on who writes about them.

Catholicism on the other hand is a belief system, a systematic theological organic faith, and not just simply historical facts. Ergo the people who write about it should be the people who know about it. If I were to make an analogy, anybody could write about the mechanics of sending a man to Mars, but only the writing of a rockect scientist would really be worth rerading.

Organic? Organic? Isn't that like no artificial additives?

IMJerusha

Scholars. Its such a broad term that could mean anything. And considering how university campuses are bastions of extremist leftistism, "scholar" is not a word that makes me feel very warm and fuzzy.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's kind of like using the word "organic" to describe Catholicism. :doh:

While Catholicism is every bit part of the Christian faith, it is by no means organic.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cheap shot.

Do you think it's fair when you explain what *you* believe to have people lump you in with the Catholic priests who molest children OR those Catholics like Andrea Yates OR the multi-wife adulterers such as Newt?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Do you think it's fair when you explain what *you* believe to have people lump you in with the Catholic priests who molest children OR those Catholics like Andrea Yates OR the multi-wife adulterers such as Newt?

Are you saying that I lump you in with bad people? If anything I have recently been complimenting you on many of your posts. I guess the saying is true, no good deed goes unpunished.

BTW: I gave you a good answer to your other question. You ignored the good answer and went for this one.

IMJerusha

Yeah, but Andrea Bocelli is hot AND he has a kicker voice!
(uh oh, lemmee go wipe up the drool!...sorry)

IMJerusha

Yeshua did not post your post.

I'm not mad. It was a cheap shot, but not big enough to really phase me.

I have always liked you. A couple of small jabs won't change that. :)

It's not a jab and if I didn't like you, and consider you a Brother in Yeshua, I wouldn't bother to tell you the Truth. Follow Him, not the doctrines of men.

Status
Not open for further replies.