Executing homosexuals

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is not the God of the Bible, you have been taught lies about God by those that hate Him and want to prevent people from knowing Him.

Do you believe that your wish of seeing homosexuals executed brings nonbelievers closer to your deity? A yes or no answer will suffice.

Arthur Brain

Because it wasn't germane to the conversation and you were too stupid to understand that point when I initially made it, so you kept going on about irrelevant blatherskite.

Of course it was germane. The fact it needed to be asked was your own fault for being such a pedant. You asked for back up where it came to how killing people for their sexual behaviour would be barbaric so I asked whether it would be cruel to torture an animal by way of comparison. The answer, as you know, is obvious - at least to anyone with a sliver of a brain or conscience.

(Oh, and 'blatherskite'? I say, what utter balderdash and poppycock what?)

If it is barbaric now it was barbaric then, which makes those Christians hypocrites.

And I already pointed out that there are Christians who agree with you on this particular subject.

The lying is in your accusation that I advocate invasion of privacy, nitwit.

Of course it doesn't, unless for some unfathomable reason you think our present way of living is even remotely comparable to life thousands or even hundreds of years ago? Life was a lot harsher back then, not like the relative luxury we presently have in the West. Certain practices which would be considered barbaric by present standards were commonplace. Girls having children at 12/13 would be considered practical due to low life expectancy being one such case for example.

Most just disagree with you on the matter.

Bzzzzt! Wrong. Show me where I've explicitly stated that you endorse the invasion of privacy and I'll concede the point. I've accused you of being naive to think it wouldn't happen but we both know that isn't the same thing. So either quote me or drop it.

I gave you a link, read it.

Er, where? :AMR:

Prove it.

You have a reputation for it doofus.

Prove it. Show us that lack of probable cause would necessarily not stand in the way of arresting a suspect.

Well how do you suppose the police gather enough evidence to warrant breaking into homes? There'd have to be reasonable grounds for suspicion but in this type of state it wouldn't be that difficult. We already have CCTV everywhere and surveillance would likely increase all the more. Add to that word of mouth, busybodies and homophobes filing reports of suspicion and you're on that descent into an Orwellian dystopia.

Yeh, typical 'comeback' from you when you've got no counter, which you haven't on this. You misread so your mistake.

Whatever, loser.

Hey, don't feel too bad about it. :D

You're conceited, I'm convinced.

And another irony meter meets an explosive demise...:chuckle:

Invasion of privacy without probable cause would be illegal and thus any evidence gained would be inadmissible.

Addressed above

So I can be done then...

Whatever...

genuineoriginal

Do you believe that your wish of seeing homosexuals executed brings nonbelievers closer to your deity? A yes or no answer will suffice.

Your question reminds me of the classic question: "Have you stopped beating your wife? Answer yes or no!"

In other words is is based on assuming an unreal situation.

I have no wish to see any homosexual executed, I wish they would repent and stop committing a crime worthy of death.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your question reminds me of the classic question: "Have you stopped beating your wife? Answer yes or no!"

I have no wish to see any homosexual executed, I wish they would repent and stop committing a crime worthy of death.

I see you were unwilling to answer with a simple yes or no. So noted.

genuineoriginal

I would have to say, that as a biography of God, the Bible isn't all that flattering. There are more than a few passages that do kind of make him look like a vengeful *****.

Genesis 4:3-8
3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.
4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
6 And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.​

Let's see, we have two people that both brought an offering to God.
One of them did well and his offering pleased God.
The other did not do well and God was not pleased with his offering.

God tried to be reasonable with the one that did not do well, explaining that he knew how to do better.

Instead the one that did not do well killed the one that did well.

Genesis 4:11-12
11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;
12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.​

God let the murderer live, so lets see what happened because of that:

Genesis 6:11-13
11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.​

God showing compassion on the first murderer led to the corruption of all the people on earth, with the exception of Noah and his family.

Genesis 8:5-6
5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.
6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.​

To prevent this from happening again, God instituted the death penalty for murder.

zoo22

I'm so sick of that lame disassociation ... Sure, you want homosexuals to repent. fine. And if they don't, you want them executed. You can't have it both ways. If you want homosexuals to be executed, you want them executed. You can't say you say you want them executed and then say you don't want them executed. I want criminals to go to prison. My saying that I wish they wouldn't be criminals doesn't change that. If they're not criminals, I don't want them to go to prison. If they are, I do want them to go to prison. You don't want people to be homosexuals. If they are, you want them executed. Get a backbone and stand behind what you're calling for.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would have to say, that as a biography of God, the Bible isn't all that flattering. There are more than a few passages that do kind of make him look like a vengeful prick. (Which would be because they were written by MEN likely for the purpose of advancing some political or social agenda.)

Don't be vulgar.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm so sick of that lame disassociation ... Sure, you want homosexuals to repent. fine. And if they don't, you want them executed. You can't have it both ways. If you want homosexuals to be executed, you want them executed. You can't say you say you want them executed and then say you don't want them executed. I want criminals to go to prison. My saying that I wish they wouldn't be criminals doesn't change that. If they're not criminals, I don't want them to go to prison. If they are, I do want them to go to prison. You don't want people to be homosexuals. If they are, you want them executed. Get a backbone and stand behind what you're calling for.

Pick any capitol crime. When God prescribed the death penalty for that crime did He do that because he wanted people to die, or because He wanted people not to commit acts worthy of death?

Lon

I would have to say, that as a biography of God, the Bible isn't all that flattering. There are more than a few passages that do kind of make him look...
Good way of putting an initial vibe. These however, are not definitive. There are good reasons for OT happenings if one isn't just looking for excuses to continue rejection. I will assert against your initial observation that God is good, even in the OT. Such needs discussion, but only if one isn't looking for excuses to believe otherwise. There are good reasons why the OT is the way it is.
...like a vengeful pr_k
Warnings and bannings. You seem intelligent enough to use better terms and descriptors without offering purposeful offense. You can prove me and all of TOL wrong and continue the mundane, low-brow, and offensive if you like but I thought I'd be friendly about it and see if honey works better than vinegar.

zoo22

Pick any capitol crime. When God prescribed the death penalty for that crime did He do that because he wanted people to die, or because He wanted people not to commit acts worthy of death?

Look, all I was saying is I'm sick of hearing the "but I don't want homosexuals to be executed, I want them to repent, but if they don't repent they should be executed, but I don't want them executed, I want them to repent, but if they are homosexuals, they should be executed, but... " argument. I've heard it so many times over the years. You've given that argument to me yourself, Delmar (even though here you seem to be saying differently). If someone advocates that homosexuals are executed, they want homosexuals executed.

I get it. Folks want homosexuals to repent. They want homosexuals not to be homosexuals. Fine. But if people are homosexuals, they think they should be executed. And that means wanting homosexuals put to death.

I'm saying it's a cop-out argument, and that if people want homosexuals put to death, they ought to have the backbone to stand behind it.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
There was a stark contrast between the rather vengeful god of the Old Testament and the message that Jesus preached. I think that Gandhi said it best: "'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ"
Yeah, God just changed His entire character.:rolleyes:

Let's see if you can give examples of Jesus contradicting God as represented in the OT.

And then demonstrate how we are unlike Christ.

Of course it was germane. The fact it needed to be asked was your own fault for being such a pedant. You asked for back up where it came to how killing people for their sexual behaviour would be barbaric so I asked whether it would be cruel to torture an animal by way of comparison. The answer, as you know, is obvious - at least to anyone with a sliver of a brain or conscience.
So you admit that you can't explain it. As expected.

When your only argument is "It's obvious," then you have no argument.

Of course it doesn't, unless for some unfathomable reason you think our present way of living is even remotely comparable to life thousands or even hundreds of years ago? Life was a lot harsher back then, not like the relative luxury we presently have in the West. Certain practices which would be considered barbaric by present standards were commonplace. Girls having children at 12/13 would be considered practical due to low life expectancy being one such case for example.
That doesn't change anything. Barbaric is barbaric, regardless of the circumstances of surrounding society.

This is the reason you are a waste of time.

Most just disagree with you on the matter.

Bzzzzt! Wrong. Show me where I've explicitly stated that you endorse the invasion of privacy and I'll concede the point. I've accused you of being naive to think it wouldn't happen but we both know that isn't the same thing. So either quote me or drop it.
Fool.

Er, where? :AMR:
Really?

It may have been in another thread, and I misspoke in making it seem as though I gave it directly to you.

Here

You have a reputation for it doofus.
I'm waiting for your evidence...

But all the evidence on you suggests it won't be forthcoming.

Well how do you suppose the police gather enough evidence to warrant breaking into homes? There'd have to be reasonable grounds for suspicion but in this type of state it wouldn't be that difficult. We already have CCTV everywhere and surveillance would likely increase all the more. Add to that word of mouth, busybodies and homophobes filing reports of suspicion and you're on that descent into an Orwellian dystopia.
Hearsay is not probable cause.

And you still haven't shown how surveillance would increase. You just keep claiming it would, without showing how.

Yeh, typical 'comeback' from you when you've got no counter, which you haven't on this. You misread so your mistake.
Care how to show I misread anything?

Hey, don't feel too bad about it. :D
What do I have to feel bad about? I'm not the one supporting my argument with conjecture.

And another irony meter meets an explosive demise...:chuckle:
:yawn:

Addressed above
No it wasn't.

Whatever...
Yeah, I'm done.

Look, all I was saying is I'm sick of hearing the "but I don't want homosexuals to be executed, I want them to repent, but if they don't repent they should be executed, but I don't want them executed, I want them to repent, but if they are homosexuals, they should be executed, but... " argument. I've heard it so many times over the years. You've given that argument to me yourself, Delmar (even though here you seem to be saying differently). If someone advocates that homosexuals are executed, they want homosexuals executed.

I get it. Folks want homosexuals to repent. They want homosexuals not to be homosexuals. Fine. But if people are homosexuals, they think they should be executed. And that means wanting homosexuals put to death.

I'm saying it's a cop-out argument, and that if people want homosexuals put to death, they ought to have the backbone to stand behind it.
That's the way I feel about murder. Why would I feel any different about any other act I believe should be a capital crime?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
what really counts in the kingdom........

what really counts in the kingdom........

Adding from my previous post Here.......

Heaven knows there are better things to spend one's time and energy on, like loving one's neighbor (whatever their gender preference or 'orientation' is).

pj