Status
Not open for further replies.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

gcthomas

You're a leftist.

Where is the line between the parent's prerogative to bring up a child in whatever traditions they see fit, and "forcing identity"? And who gets to draw that line for others?

Are you talking about the mother's rights or the father's? This was a judge settling a disagreement between the parents as to how the child was to be raised. Who else but a court would you have making the decision in this case?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you talking about the mother's rights or the father's? This was a judge settling a disagreement between the parents as to how the child was to be raised. Who else but a court would you have making the decision in this case?

The left is all about children having 'rights' as well (i.e. the term "gay youth", gender reassignment surgery without parental consent, birth control and abortion without parental consent, etc.).
Do you believe that a child should have say as to what gender they want to identify with?

gcthomas

The left is all about children having 'rights' as well (i.e. the term "gay youth", gender reassignment surgery without parental consent, birth control and abortion without parental consent, etc.).
Do you believe that a child should have say as to what gender they want to identify with?

I'd suggest that four years old is rather too young to be able to make such a decision. This case is about a nutty mother, not a child's preferences.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'd suggest that four years old is rather too young to be able to make such a decision. This case is about a nutty mother, not a child's preferences.
Aren't you just the transgender bigot?

So these children should wait until they at least 5 or 6 before they decide (along with the help of the LGBTQ movement) that they're a boy trapped inside a girls' body or vice versa?

Arthur Brain

You're a leftist.

Yep, well, that's what happens when you try to tag people with silly labels dude. It rebounds on you.

Where is the line between the parent's prerogative to bring up a child in whatever traditions they see fit, and "forcing identity"? And who gets to draw that line for others?

Traditions are one thing. Christian parents are obviously likely to teach their kids about the bible although forcing any belief system onto a child is wrong IMO. Forcing a boy or coercing a boy to wear make up and dresses etc is a form of abuse, that much seems patently obvious to everyone here.

Absolutely not. America is doomed for the exact same reason the U.K. and Europe are. We used to run 25-40 years behind the curve y'all set but have more than made up time in the past 8 years with no sign of deceleration.

Eh, you're lucky to live in the West dude. You should appreciate the freedoms that other countries don't have before all the naysayer garbage.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Traditions are one thing. Christian parents are obviously likely to teach their kids about the bible although forcing any belief system onto a child is wrong IMO. Forcing a boy or coercing a boy to wear make up and dresses etc is a form of abuse, that much seems patently obvious to everyone here.

Is it "patently obvious to everyone here" Art? There are children that want to go through therapy to overcome their same sex desires and/or their gender identity confusion, but many people here on TOL (you being one of them) seem to think that the laws that prohibit those children from doing so are righteous.

gcthomas

So these children should wait until they at least 5 or 6 before they decide (along with the help of the LGBTQ movement) that they're a boy trapped inside a girls' body or vice versa?

You are a crazy fruit-loop so obsessed with other people's sex lives that you have to make up others' opinions in the absence of evidence. You live in your own sick world, so please do not come into ours and taint it with your awful brand of deviance.

gcthomas

Is it "patently obvious to everyone here" Art? There are children that want to go through therapy to overcome their same sex desires and/or their gender identity confusion, but many people here on TOL (you being one of them) seem to think that the laws that prohibit those children from doing so are righteous.

Are you just pretending not to understand, or is English your second language? Perhaps you are just clinically an idiot — it would explain a lot about your comments.

Arthur Brain

If you're talking about "therapy centers" then yes, righteous laws that shut them down or prevent children from being forced to undergo abuse inside them are just that.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I admit I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

:think:

Spoiler
ihnmotp.jpg

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

You are a crazy fruit-loop so obsessed with other people's sex lives that you have to make up others' opinions in the absence of evidence. You live in your own sick world, so please do not come into ours and taint it with your awful brand of deviance.

For the visually impaired, I will ask this question again:

"So these children should wait until they at least 5 or 6 before they decide (along with the help of the LGBTQ movement) that they're a boy trapped inside a girls' body or vice versa?"

15 year olds in Oregon can have genital mutilation surgery without parental consent, why can't 4 year olds cross dress if they should so desire?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

If you're talking about "therapy centers" then yes, righteous laws that shut them down or prevent children from being forced to undergo abuse inside them are just that.

I see, so in your opinion if a child decides on his or her own what he or she wants (to dress or not dress in opposite gender clothing and/or to pursue or not pursue same sex desires), then it's fine, but if they (along with their parents) decide that they need professional help to overcome sexual and gender confusion then that's an absolute "no no"?

Arthur Brain

I see, so in your opinion if a child decides on his or her own what he or she wants (to dress or not dress in opposite gender clothing and/or to pursue or not pursue same sex desires), then it's fine, but if they (along with their parents) decide that they need professional help to overcome sexual and gender confusion then that's an absolute "no no"?

"Professional help"?!

Why do you suppose the laws about these places came into being? They're run by loony cranks and their 'procedures' are nothing short of abusive. So, it is indeed an absolute "no-no" as children should not be abused.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

"Professional help"?!

Why do you suppose the laws about these places came into being? They're run by loony cranks and their 'procedures' are nothing short of abusive. So, it is indeed an absolute "no-no" as children should not be abused.

I must have missed your answer (you have that gc thomas syndrome where you can't answer a simple and direct question), here it is again:

"...so in your opinion if a child decides on his or her own what he or she wants (to dress or not dress in opposite gender clothing and/or to pursue or not pursue same sex desires), then it's fine, but if they (along with their parents) decide that they need professional help to overcome sexual and gender confusion then that's an absolute "no no"?

Arthur Brain

I must have missed your answer (you have that gc thomas syndrome where you can't answer a simple and direct question), here it is again:

"...so in your opinion if a child decides on his or her own what he or she wants (to dress or not dress in opposite gender clothing and/or to pursue or not pursue same sex desires), then it's fine, but if they (along with their parents) decide that they need professional help to overcome sexual and gender confusion then that's an absolute "no no"?

How did you miss my "absolute no-no" Connie? I agree with the laws that protect children from being forced to go to abuse centers. Clear? Do I need to spell it out in a bigger font? If an adult wants to avail themselves of fruitbat quackery then it's one thing, kids is another altogether.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
How did you miss my "absolute no-no" Connie? I agree with the laws that protect children from being forced to go to abuse centers. Clear? Do I need to spell it out in a bigger font? If an adult wants to avail themselves of fruitbat quackery then it's one thing, kids is another altogether.

So we can safely assume that you agree that if a child wants to pursue a cross dressing lifestyle and/or one that involves same-sex desires, you openly embrace that child's decision to do so?

I made the question a bit simpler for the simple minded moral relativist that I'm supposedly debating.

Arthur Brain

So we can safely assume that you agree that if a child wants to pursue a cross dressing lifestyle and/or one that involves same-sex desires, you openly embrace that child's decision to do so?

I made the question a bit simpler for the simple minded moral relativist that I'm supposedly debating.

Pffft, dude, you are the epitome of 'simple minded'. If they have same sex desires then they're gay or bisexual and hardly "decide" it doofus.

Status
Not open for further replies.