ENEMIES OF THE FAITH ARE RAMPANT THROUGHOUT CHRISTENDOM.

God's Truth

To us, understanding is given when we consider what Paul says! 2 Timothy 2:7 KJV

Paul is giving the gospel of Christ. The same gospel that Christ gave when he walked the eath.

If you believed for one moment the truth of the gospel, you wouldn't say what you do about salvation. Salvation is the gift of God by grace through faith. It's right there for you to believe, but you believe not (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV). Grace is no more of works otherwise grace is no more grace (Romans 11:6 KJV). You want to work for it, but you can't (Romans 4:4-5 KJV, Ephesians 2:7 KJV). You'll die trying (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV).

I rest in his words and just do what he says. His works are light, easy, and not burdensome. His words give the Holy Spirit and life.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul is giving the gospel of Christ. The same gospel that Christ gave when he walked the eath.

I rest in his words and just do what he says. His works are light, easy, and not burdensome. His words give the Holy Spirit and life.

What is it that you do? What all are you obeying? You'll probably just say: "Everything."

heir

TOL Subscriber
That is Paul telling Timothy (and us by extension) to consider what he says and the Lord give him understanding in all things (2 Timothy 2:7 KJV) and that Christ was raised again according to Paul's gospel where we are concerned (2 Timothy 2:8 KJV) in contrast to what Peter preached (Acts 2:30-47 KJV).

I rest in his words and just do what he says.

Do it (Matthew 23:2-3 KJV)!

Do it (Mark 16:18 KJV)!

Do it (Luke 18:22 KJV)!

God's Truth

You don't do anything in the list of things to do in these verses. Yet the Lord commanded to do these things and you claim to do "what Jesus says". I'm exposing you as the charlatan you are.

Are you a paralyzed man?

Are you a rich man?

Is there a temple?

Are you laying the foundation?

Wisdom is given to those who obey. You would not ask me such questions if you had the wisdom that comes from obeying that comes from Christ.

God's Truth

This is what I hear you saying, "Jesus told the paralyzed man to get up and walk, but since I am not a paralyzed man, no one should obey anything that Jesus says."

heir

TOL Subscriber
Are you a paralyzed man?

Are you a rich man?

Is there a temple?

Are you laying the foundation?

Wisdom is given to those who obey. You would not ask me such questions if you had the wisdom that comes from obeying that comes from Christ.
You claim:

I do everything that Jesus says.
and tell us to "obey, obey, obey" but don't do that which the Lord commanded in Matthew, Mark, Luke John which you claim is written TO us. Why not? Why are you being disobedient to what "Jesus says"? You aren't keeping the law, laying hands on the sick or selling out. You do not "do everything Jesus says".

heir

TOL Subscriber
Did the Hebrew scriptures offer salvation through faith?

While it's true that all salvation, Genesis through Revelation, requires faith; not all salvation in the Bible is/will be by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). James wrote James 2:18 KJV, James 2:20 KJV and James 2:24 KJV.

Many (future) wait to go through the trial of their faith: receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls. Of which salvation the prophets enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto them (notice too, that it is of the grace that should come unto them).

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

1 Peter 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

That is NOT the same as trusting the Lord's faith and finished work in our place believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. It's a done deal! We didn't DO anything and we are saved! Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
Did the Hebrew scriptures offer salvation through faith?
Israel's salvation was dependent upon them doing something by faith (James 2:18 KJV):

Repent, and believe the gospel (Mark 1:4 KJV) by baptism of repentance for the remission of sins (Mark 1:4 KJV, Mark 16:16 KJV, Acts 2:38 KJV), keep the commandments (John 14:15 KJV, Matthew 23:2-3 KJV, John 15:5-10 KJV), endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 10:22 KJV), go through the trial of their faith (1 Peter 1:7 KJV), receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls (1 Peter 1:9 KJV). That salvation is of the grace that "should" come unto them (Acts 15:11 KJV, 1 Peter 1:10 KJV). They look forward that their sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (which is at what many refer to as the second coming of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV).

That is not the righteousness of God without the law by the faith of Jesus Christ that is unto all and upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). To be saved today is to trust the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) which is where the righteousness of God is revealed (Romans 1:16-17 KJV). Those who have trusted the Lord today having believed the gospel of Christ "are saved" presently (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV,Ephesians 2:5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8 KJV). We get saved not by works of righteousness which we have done (Romans 4:4-5 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV). We are baptized BY one Spirit into one Body (not by water for the remission of sins 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). We have now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV).