ENEMIES OF THE FAITH ARE RAMPANT THROUGHOUT CHRISTENDOM.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You know there are different attacks going on in Christendom. The Pentecostals have caused much damage to the Gospel of Jesus Christ with their outlandish behavior and beliefs. The Major denominations have done their share of damage. Also, the Calvinists have misinterpreted/misrepresented the Scriptures. Actually, the cults do less damage than the rest, because, their beliefs are entirely foreign to fundamental Christianity.

Whereas, the so-called "Christian beliefs" today are better equipped to do harm to the Gospel, in that, they come in with the same terminology, phrases, and words that "True Believers" use and readily recognize. They are able to sneak in under the wire and trick the "True Believers" in the True Gospel" into thinking they're brothers and Sisters of the faith. If a "True Believer" in the Gospel is new to the faith or has weak discernment of the facts behind the doctrines of true Christianity, such is, vulnerable to believe that these deceivers are in the Body of Christ. Cults, such as Mormonism, Jehovah Witness, The Urantia book, etc, tend to stick out like a sore thumb and reveal themselves for what they are. Today there are many false Christian churches, false doctrines, false believers and false gospels.(small g)

Paul says in 2 Timothy 1:12-13 "That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us. Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus." Paul desired the Gospel that he preached to remain pure and faithful. Yet, over the past 2000 or so years, humanity has added false doctrines/false gospels, false belief systems, false authorities, and false believers as a result.

God's Truth

You know there are different attacks going on in Christendom. The Pentecostals have caused much damage to the Gospel of Jesus Christ with their outlandish behavior and beliefs. The Major denominations have done their share of damage. Also, the Calvinists have misinterpreted/misrepresented the Scriptures. Actually, the cults do less damage than the rest, because, their beliefs are entirely foreign to fundamental Christianity.

Whereas, the so-called "Christian beliefs" today are better equipped to do harm to the Gospel, in that, they come in with the same terminology, phrases, and words that "True Believers" use and readily recognize. They are able to sneak in under the wire and trick the "True Believers" in the True Gospel" into thinking they're brothers and Sisters of the faith. If a "True Believer" in the Gospel is new to the faith or has weak discernment of the facts behind the doctrines of true Christianity, such is, vulnerable to believe that these deceivers are in the Body of Christ. Cults, such as Mormonism, Jehovah Witness, The Urantia book, etc, tend to stick out like a sore thumb and reveal themselves for what they are. Today there are many false Christian churches, false doctrines, false believers and false gospels.(small g)

Paul says in 2 Timothy 1:12-13 "That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us. Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus." Paul desired the Gospel that he preached to remain pure and faithful. Yet, over the past 2000 or so years, humanity has added false doctrines/false gospels, false belief systems, false authorities, and false believers as a result.

There would not be all these different beliefs if one would obey the written words of God in the Holy Bible.

beloved57

There would not be all these different beliefs if one would obey the written words of God in the Holy Bible.
That's in your religion, I know nothing of it. However in True Christianity, Christ has obeyed the written word of God for those He lived and died for, and that makes them righteous Rom 5:19

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

There's nothing we can do about it

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Another way that obscures the simple truth of the Gospel is to, "over-intellectualize" it. There are those that use overly educated words and phrases that most people cannot decipher without having an advanced education at a four-year University. The Gospel MUST be preached at a level where everyone hearing it can fully understand what's being said. There are those, even on TOL who try to impress their fellow posters with a litany of advanced language, words, and phrases that call attention to their education and away from the Gospel. The hearers of the Gospel back in Paul's day were, no doubt a mixture of uneducated/educated people.

Paul was a very educated man of his time. He was a Pharisee. However, he had to have the Gospel Christ gave him, be understood by all hearers. It does a disservice to the Gospel to have only a few be able to understand its truths.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Some may say, "So, you want us to "dumb down" the Gospel?" To that I say, no, just realize that you have a broad audience with a varied educational background. Those who are well educated need not "talk down" to others in a condescending manner. Not all of us have a degree in the English language. Not all are good at punctuation/grammar. And, not all of us speak "The Queens English."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There're a couple of posters on another thread (I won't mention any names) who talk back and forth about correct nouns and verbs that pertain to the Scriptures. They also speak about the Greek language, etc. I have to admit I have no idea what they're talking about, neither do I care. They've completely taken over an entire thread and changed it into a two-man "Intellectual discussion." No doubt they're both sitting in their easy chairs, wearing smoking jackets, grasping Brandy Snifters in one hand and smoking a high priced Cuban Cigar in the other? They sit there trying to outdo one another with a barrage of twenty dollar words and phrases that only they understand.

Epoisses

There're a couple of posters on another thread (I won't mention any names) who talk back and forth about correct nouns and verbs that pertain to the Scriptures. They also speak about the Greek language, etc. I have to admit I have no idea what they're talking about, neither do I care. They've completely taken over an entire thread and changed it into a two-man "Intellectual discussion." No doubt they're both sitting in their easy chairs, wearing smoking jackets, grasping Brandy Snifters in one hand and smoking a high priced Cuban Cigar in the other? They sit there trying to outdo one another with a barrage of twenty dollar words and phrases that only they understand.

Greek philosophers. My vocabulary is bigger than yours.