Egalitarian society

Arthur Brain

You still haven't explained how you plan to force-help them in a free society.

Nor will he. He'll prattle on about how laws should be implemented and who should fulfill roles of office etc but he knows fine well that in a free society it just wouldn't happen, but then again he doesn't value freedom and liberty anyway.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

HIV/AIDS, anal cancer, syphilis, gonorrhea, MRSA Staph Strain, disproportionate drug and alcohol abuse, high suicide rates, domestic violence/murder, early death; it sounds like your LGBTQ movement needs us religious zealots and puritans to help them find a better way.

You still haven't caught onto the fact that a society that embraces sexual perversion isn't free, it's enslaved to sin.

The disease ridden child indoctrinators/molesters, fairies, drag queens and bull dykes that consist of the LGBTQ movement knew what it took to win society over to accept their sick perversions as something normal (a change of laws and cultural mores').

It'll take time, but those who embrace decency will once again prevail.

For you to answer a direct question? Yes, I know.

:chuckle:

I have to admit that I get a bit verklempt when the mother hen and her little chickadee join up in an attempt to defend sexual perversion.

4ab4f9db1c8ccb47503730909c0c3918.jpg

Discussing sexual perversion so quietly...

Arthur Brain

Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

HIV/AIDS, anal cancer, syphilis, gonorrhea, MRSA Staph Strain, disproportionate drug and alcohol abuse, high suicide rates, domestic violence/murder, early death; it sounds like your LGBTQ movement needs us religious zealots and puritans to help them find a better way.

You still haven't caught onto the fact that a society that embraces sexual perversion isn't free, it's enslaved to sin.

The disease ridden child indoctrinators/molesters, fairies, drag queens and bull dykes that consist of the LGBTQ movement knew what it took to win society over to accept their sick perversions as something normal (a change of laws and cultural mores').

It'll take time, but those who embrace decency will once again prevail.

I have to admit that I get a bit verklempt when the mother hen and her little chickadee join up in an attempt to defend sexual perversion.

4ab4f9db1c8ccb47503730909c0c3918.jpg

Discussing sexual perversion so quietly...

Wow, you're a loon...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I don't know who that person is, but I'll unapologetically defend that person's right and freedom to live their life without your tyranny, as long as they're not hurting anyone.

You don't believe in the Constitution really, do you?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know who that person is, but I'll unapologetically defend that person's right and freedom to live their life without your tyranny, as long as they're not hurting anyone.

You don't believe in the Constitution really, do you?

I love the Constitution, the one that was "made only for a moral and religious people". The same Constitution that is based on Biblical doctrine.

http://www.faithfacts.org/christ-and-the-culture/the-bible-and-government

We could talk about the Founding Fathers and their view of homosexuality, but I see that you and Art have music videos to listen to.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I agree with you, the change should come from within the Church, and I don't see it as an impossibility, either. Even more likely will be married priests.

And no worries, I have no intention of fighting about any of it. :)
For those who don't share out thoughts on using "they" and "them," to talk about individual people of unknown or irrelevant sex or gender, with a neuter personal pronoun:

Let's take for instance our friend here ACW. ACW represents as an individual man, but we don't really know whether ACW (not a personal pronoun, notice) is a man or a lady, or one of the other 59 genders they (ACW) are so hopped up about in this thread. But there's nothing logically preventing ACW from being more than one individual each contributing to the one user account, ACW. Whuhimber may be the work of many individuals. So in this case it even is justified to use the plural "they" when referring to ACW. But in any case unless ACW is actually verified as an individual man or individual lady, when using "they" as a singular personal pronoun, it is appropriate to refer to them (ACW) as they.

In most cases that we both are probably referring to when we express our desire for a neuter personal pronoun in English though, it's only an individual that is the subject. The first example that popped into my head was a document concerning a technical or medical or legal professional. There's no justification to ever use "him" or "her" exclusively, and it's cumbersome to always use "him or her," and inefficient. But when we are talking about what one person is doing, we have to remember that seeing "they" and "their" refers to an individual. If I understand the "P600" reference, that's where this comes in.

I've found it easy to constantly remind the reader that I'm not necessarily meaning plurality when using "they" or "their," especially when speaking of a named individual, by reintroducing the subject actual name, and at other times by referring to the subject as some form of "the person."

In the extreme future there are a couple things:
One is that unless there is a fundamental change to our social values professional team athletics will always be exclusively male. The reason I say this is because there is no limitation to only men in the big four professional team sports now, and there is not a single lady playing at any level in any of those sports as far as I know, though you do hear sometimes about a lady placekicker in football or perhaps a goalie in hockey getting a minor league tryout. All those leagues and individual teams are incentivized to promote any lady who is able to play the game on any competitive level.

In professional automobile racing and golf, ladies do bubble to the top occasionally.

All's to say here is that getting people who are talking about professional team sports to use "they" or "their" when talking about an individual position like pitcher or catcher will take some time. But the more we do that, the sooner it will be, if it's physically possible, that ladies develop into athletes deserving of playing for a pro football, baseball, basketball or hockey team in the future, because of hearing about "the player" and "they" instead of always "he."

And the other is the Catholic Church. Whenever something is written of an unnamed Catholic priest or bishop, "he" and "him" are always precise and correct and appropriate. I can see a future where "he" and "she" are abandoned completely, except where talking about the Church's clergy. It is the only legitimate patriarchical structure for the Christian, because it was instituted by the Lord Himself.

That mothers will always be "her" and "she" goes without saying of course. :D

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Whuhimber may be the work of many individuals.

Eureka! A sui generis creation! We've had the rare opportunity to observe the organic evolution of the lexicon! :chuckle:

So in this case it even is justified to use the plural "they" when referring to ACW. But in any case unless ACW is actually verified as an individual man or individual lady, when using "they" as a singular personal pronoun, it is appropriate to refer to them (ACW) as they.

I'm quite sure they will agree with you wholeheartedly. :)

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
...I attended an Episcopalian service earlier this year, and the minister was a woman. She preached a great sermon....
I've been meaning to say that there are so many great lady lay catechists (all catechists are lay) in the Church, who voluntarily take on that duty to teach others about the faith. They know the Catechism of the Catholic Church frontward and back.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
What 'religious totalitarianism' used to be:
wheel.jpg

What 'religious totalitarianism' is now:
1440491410031.jpg

Liberals are a bunch of crybabies who make the actual, historical liberals in history look bad :wave2:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I've been meaning to say that there are so many great lady lay catechists (all catechists are lay) in the Church, who voluntarily take on that duty to teach others about the faith. They know the Catechism of the Catholic Church frontward and back.

I can't say I know the CCC frontward and back but I've read the entire thing front to back.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I can't say I know the CCC frontward and back but I've read the entire thing front to back.
I love how the Church teaches that Mary is the mother of us all, and the epitome of Christian faith---even over the Apostles. This teaching means that the Apostles also believed and taught that Mary was the epitome of Christian faith---even over themselves. We ought to look to her as our model of Christian faith. She is the mother of the faith and the mother of the Church.

Unique among every other Christian faith tradition, Holy Catholicism insists upon the female being at the center of the Church's life.