Egalitarian society

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Despite Breitbart's more dire-sounding headline, it appears the student union "hopes" it will be used:

The University’s Students’ Union has published a leaflet in an effort to stop transgender students being offended.

Instead of using the masculine or feminine pronoun, the Union hopes the gender-neutral ‘ze’ will be used.
Oh but anna, according the mentally ill people* in the LGBTQueer movement, there are 58 genders. Surely there must be 58 ways of addressing them?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/02/heres-a-list-of-58-gender-options-for-facebook-users/

*Is it ok to use the word "people" these days, or will it offend someone or something?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I've seen the list. Why do you care what people choose to identify as on FaceBook? More, why would you want to control how they choose to identify as on Facebook?

Those people get offended when you can't guess which fantasy gender they are. They deserve to be deemed as childish, because it is entirely juvenile.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
All 58 of the genders that are identified by the LGBTQueer movement don't exist. "Those people" need serious psychiatric help.

I've seen the list. Why do you care what people choose to identify as on FaceBook? More, why would you want to control how they choose to identify as on Facebook?

This really isn't about Facebook, it's about people who are so confused that they don't identify as a male or female and a movement that promotes that confusion.

Why do I care? It's a Christian thing.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
This really isn't about Facebook

Yes it is.

it's about people who are so confused that they don't identify as a male or female and a movement that promotes that confusion.

Or maybe you could consider letting them decide for themselves how to identify on social media. You can care about people without being a controlling busybody.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

This really isn't about Facebook, it's about people who are so confused that they don't identify as a male or female and a movement that promotes that confusion.

Or maybe you could consider letting them decide for themselves how to identify on social media. You can care about people without being a controlling busybody.

You mean care for them so quietly that no one would ever know?

How is that caring if action isn't taken to help them overcome their gender and sexual confusion?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
*BUMP*

Those people get offended when you can't guess which fantasy gender they are. They deserve to be deemed as childish, because it is entirely juvenile.

Let's not steer away from reality here :chuckle:

Also
Multiple genders outside of the two which exist has been scientifically debunked. Those people are not actually going to go their whole lives identifying as an 'androgyne fluid nonconforming cisqueer', and they are not going to get away with being offended by people not referring to them as such.

It's stupid, and you're stupid for defending it :wave2:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Despite Breitbart's more dire-sounding headline, it appears the student union "hopes" it will be used:
The University’s Students’ Union has published a leaflet in an effort to stop transgender students being offended.

Instead of using the masculine or feminine pronoun, the Union hopes the gender-neutral ‘ze’ will be used.
We do need a neuter personal pronoun in English. I don't know how this sort of thing works. Language is one of the least amenable things to authoritarianism so I doubt it will come from the ever-failing PCism tyrants. Perhaps an influential author, perhaps an artist or an actor? Somebody's got to come up with something, whether it's a neologism or a new homonym. Maybe we need a television show or a movie to introduce and begin to normalize a new pronoun?

It, just won't pass muster. :nono:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

What world do you live in thinking that society is actually going to conform to that :rotfl:

If someone told me that they were offended if I referred to them as 'he' or 'she', they can just deal with it. I'm not going to be labeled a 'bigot' when it's really yall being 'children'.

That's the pronoun I'll use- child :thumb:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
We do need a neuter personal pronoun in English. I don't know how this sort of thing works. Language is one of the least amenable things to authoritarianism so I doubt it will come from the ever-failing PCism tyrants. Perhaps an influential author, perhaps an artist or an actor? Somebody's got to come up with something, whether it's a neologism or a new homonym. Maybe we need a television show or a movie to introduce and begin to normalize a new pronoun?

It, just won't pass muster. :nono:

It would be useful, I agree. Being language, my guess is if it happens it'll evolve organically. The most common alternate usage I see is saying "their" instead of his or her. It's not grammatically correct, but it's useful when not wanting to assign a gender. Another advantage is there've been times I didn't want to give away the gender of the person I was talking about and saying "their" takes care of that problem. So "their" can be helpful for both the person being spoken to or about and the person doing the speaking.

As for PC tyrants, as always, I guess it depends on perspective.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

How is that caring if action isn't taken to help them overcome their gender and sexual confusion?

I'm not on Facebook, but I fully support the right (freedom, remember what that means?) for Facebook users to decide how they want to represent themselves on their pages.

What in the world kind of action would you take to help them if they aren't confused and don't desire your help? What would you do, force them? How totalitarian.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

I'm not on Facebook, but I fully support the right (freedom, remember what that means?) for Facebook users to decide how they want to represent themselves on their pages.

Being that you are a long time defender of the LGBTQ movement, you're aware that the terms used on Facebook are terms used throughout the LGBTQ movement.

Comprehensive* List of LGBTQ+ Vocabulary Definitions - See more at: http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com...-lgbtq-term-definitions/#sthash.fwC87FOX.dpuf

What in the world kind of action would you take to help them if they aren't confused and don't desire your help? What would you do, force them? How totalitarian.

I suppose I could be an anarchist like yourself, but I love my fellow human beings too much to do nothing.

Surely you're aware that righteous laws and cultural mores' can help these gender and sexually confused people find a better way.