Egalitarian society

PureX

:nono: My city makes 'ugly' trying to save a buck (they are doing a little better). Buildings are works of marvel. I suppose the budget conscious business owner isn't as concerned with aesthetics as functionality, but that is hardly 'mediocre.' :nono:

YOU make creative things. I'm surprised your entitlement trumps your craft :( Is everybody 'entitled to your lawn work, regardless of ability to pay? Or is it fine just to make them for family? When would such 'stop?' In a communist country you might not be able to do that for even family. In a communistic country, if you have something 'better' than another, they can take it away. We are heading that direction and the brakes must be applied. I don't want communism. You should be able to have a nicer car than I drive. Your mom should have your lawn creation without me or anybody being able to take it away. That would be 'wrong' and 'unlawful' even if a law in existence supported it. That is really what is happening in America, wrong laws are being allowed to be applied, pushed through the courts, serving minority special interest groups, against most of America. Doing so means, necessarily, the majority will eventually have to disappear and some weird cliques will be all that is left here. It would get worse and there'd no longer be a 'united' States. It is destroying our own laws and Constitution. We will cease/are ceasing to be that kind of country. We used to force a level of conformity "United." It was a good thing, regardless of minority complaint. Minorities don't have to live here. The rest of us (majority) have no place else to go.
Honestly, you are pretty well out of your mind. Or at least quite divorced from reality.

We have no idea what this barber shop "story" is really about because the writer didn't bother to give us the pertinent facts. But, generally, businesses are able to "discriminate" to the degree that doing so is essential to the product or service being offered. A ladies health spa, for example, would not allow men men inside, and would not be expected to, because the services being provided require the exclusion of men. And I would think this particular barber shop could successfully defend itself on a similar basis.

As to your bizarre mental flight off into some horrible homogenization of America due to the general public's support of gender equality, I think you've come completely unhinged. The homogenization of America and the "mediocrity" it engenders has almost nothing to do with equal rights, and almost everything to do with corporate greed. Ever since McDonalds discovered that making every store and every item in it exactly the same no matter where on Earth they are, sells product, every other big corporate chain has done the same. Because they don't care how ugly and mediocre their stores are, they only care that we buy lots of their product. Because they care only about the money, and nothing else.

This has nothing whatever to do with equal rights or gender equality. Nor does it have anything to do with communism, which you wrongly think is totalitarian economic fascism. Nor does any of this have anything to do with the things I make, or who I sell them to.

So I really have no idea what you're talking about, and it doesn't appear to me that you do either. Has it been an especially trying day, and you're just too tired to make sense? I don't know. Get some rest and try again tomorrow.

Lon

So I really have no idea what you're talking about, and it doesn't appear to me that you do either. Has it been an especially trying day, and you're just too tired to make sense? I don't know. Get some rest and try again tomorrow.
I think this says a lot more about you than it does me. "Try" to be civil and 'try' to understand what another person is saying or ask 'How' could this happen/be happening?'

I think you are the one being especially 'trying' with commentary. Some of your 'assessment' is fine and you made at least a half-way effort to meet me in debate or discussion. Do that, drop the condescension, and the conversation will go along well and be enjoyable. -Lon

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Green Party bans ‘Women’, Calls Them ‘Non-Men’ After Transgender Pressure Mt 19:4, Deut 22:5 :vomit:

[The wickedness of Sodom ([Ex 20:14]
stripper.gif
heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13]) was notorious (Gen. 13:13).] ([Ex 20:14] heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13])

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
"For women, the very consciousness of their own nature must evoke feelings of shame."

–Saint Clement

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Mommy issues? :smokie: Ge 3:15

"In pain shall you bring forth children, woman, and you shall turn to your husband and he shall rule over you. And do you not know that you are Eve? God’s sentence hangs still over all your sex and His punishment weighs down upon you. You are the devil’s gateway; you are she who first violated the forbidden tree and broke the law of God. It was you who coaxed your way around him whom the devil had not the force to attack. With what ease you shattered that image of God: Man! Because of the death you merited, even the Son of God had to die... Woman, you are the gate to hell."

–Tertullian

Just illustrating what all the early theologians would think of modern day feminist philosophy :)

Mind you, a lot of it was around the time when Rome was egalitarian and abortion was legal. You see how orthodox Christianity made some changes, and how the modern man basically fails at maintaining any proper ordinance virtually all the saints and theologians put forward.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"In pain shall you bring forth children, woman, and you shall turn to your husband and he shall rule over you. And do you not know that you are Eve? God’s sentence hangs still over all your sex and His punishment weighs down upon you. You are the devil’s gateway; you are she who first violated the forbidden tree and broke the law of God. It was you who coaxed your way around him whom the devil had not the force to attack. With what ease you shattered that image of God: Man! Because of the death you merited, even the Son of God had to die... Woman, you are the gate to hell."

–Tertullian
As Adam stood by doing nothing. :dizzy:

Your daddy hates women, too (Jn 8:44, Ge 3:15, Eph. 5:25–33). :idunno:

dracovirgin30860348604589.jpg

Last edited:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
All egalitarian societies would be peasants, or plebiscites, who are riled by a small elite of partisans, or aristocrats. Call them chairmen, it makes no difference ...
America can be very "egalitarian" when it comes to whom is placed in the first waves to storm the beaches of Iwo Jima or Normandy on D-Day!

Its the sons (and now the daughters) of peasants and plebiscites that are considered the most expendable and provided with every opportunity to make the ultimate sacrifice!

Its only when the spoils are being handed out that the 1% push themselves to the front of the line!

Last edited:

eider

You discriminate every day. Do you put maggots or pasta on your dinner plate? Is 5:20

spaghetti.gif

Yeah, but there's no legislation against discriminating against maggots! :)

The guy is shrewd. He may even be (secret) friends with the lady, or calculated his benefits 'on the spot' when he made his refusal.

The fine was such an inexpensive way of being 'discovered' right across the US and the World in the resulting publicity.

Clever Barber! Terrific publicity!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
If gender is not fixed, when it is more dichotomous than, say age, then why can't someone claim they are younger, or older, if they truly feel younger, or older?

I should start a thread on this. There should not be any reason I have only a two year renewal drivers license, if I truly feel age 65, or maybe 60. Why cannot someone who feels very old receive Medicare when their age on a birth certificate says they are under 65, if they feel very old?

If sex is not fixed, then why is age fixed?