Drug Dealing and the Bible

Nazaroo

Most of the shrimp on the market are farm raised, not wild caught.
They are raised in freshwater ponds as well as in salt water.
Most? I think not. You're vision of square hectares of "shrimp farms" is quite the fantasy. Most large commercial fishing operations still fish in the ocean, and do it in a non-sustainable way, so your point is irrelevant.

My point was that God's food laws for humans make good biological and ecological sense.

But that eludes you, because you haven't the logical capacity to follow any syllogisms to their obvious conclusions.

As for your 'scavengers", they are not at the bottom of the food chain.
They are closer to the top.
Now that you've turned the food chain upside down, I suppose higher species are at the bottom.

God also recommends you stop doing recreational drugs. Perhaps if you do that, you'll be able to think right-side up.

Your vulture analogy is worthless, as the vulture's digestive system is evolved to cope with the bacteria in decayed meat, not with PCBs, mercury, etc. And the bacteria do not contaminate the flesh of the vulture.

Too much biology for you, tho, eh?
On the contrary, not enough biology, for you to grasp the point of the vulture example.

It was brought up to show why different species (e.g., man vs. vulture) have to follow different food laws, because they have different systems, capable of different tasks.

Another example, which is also a literal truth, not an "analogy" (get a dictionary before you fire off idiotic non-sequiters please), would be the cow. It has two stomachs and can digest cellulose, because it produces an enzyme, cellulase, which humans can't. That is why cows can eat grass and actually digest it, as opposed to humans, for whom grass is mostly just ruffage or fibre. Humans would die quickly of malnutrition eating just grasses.

But who needs examples? Just ask any farmer the obvious truth: Every animal has an ideal diet. The further you stray from that ideal diet, the sicker the animal gets.

Mankind is no different.

The bottom of the food chain in the ocean is phytoplankton, followed by zooplankton, both of which are pelagic, not benthic organisms. And they are not scavengers.
Are you a moron?

plankton may be the very bottom of the food-chain in some systems, but bottom-feeders are the basic bottom of the food-chain in terms of animals larger than a pin-head, and fishable.

Lets be practical shall we?

The toxins that are taken up are progressively concentrated as one goes up the food chain. Large marine predators like tuna tend to have the highest concentrations.
Brilliant. Your well-known biological fact which hardly needs repeating in the condescending way one might educate a child, actually proves my point. Large marine predators are not smart enough or aware enough of the dangers, or able to avoid the pollutants man has dumped into their ecosystem.

Men on the other hand, CAN avoid for instance mercury in larger fish, because we know about it. One of the ways man was automatically protected from poisoning by ingesting sea scavengers, was the Biblical food laws, which forbid all sea creatures which do not have scales and fins, like crustaceans and mollusks. This food law does not protect against mercury poisoning, but it most definitely would end the some 5,000 cases of food poisoning per year from clams, oysters, lobsters, and crawfish.

It is also a fact, which you have not acknowledged, that bottom feeders like clams, oysters, lobsters, and crawfish also build up poisons that end up on the ocean floor, leaking out of old drums of toxins dumped off the ocean shelf.

Biblical food rules make little to no sense.
Really? Lets list the avoidable risks and health benefits from following them:

(1) disease. Eating animals that die of unknown causes are forbidden. You're probably following that food law now.

(2) Improper slaughter and preparation. If animals were killed as per biblical instructions, the blood would be removed, and the meat properly cooked, resulting again in avoidance of things like mad-cow disease.

(3) Proper care of food-animals. If cows had not been fed ground-up animal parts to increase the 'protein content' in their grain-meal, and thus forcing them to commit unknowing cannibalism, there would have been NO mad-cow disease, caused from ingesting cow brains. Governments are now implementing the Biblical principles re: allowable meal-formulas as we speak. Apparently Biblical principles keep showing up by coincidence.

(4) No improper seafoods. Already covered. Avoid them and avoid possible cases of food poisoning and disease.

(5) Ducks, other scavenger-birds forbidden. Such unclean animals harbor all kinds of diseases, as part of their natural environment. Vultures for instance have 'syphillis' and other disease all their lives: for them its no more harmful than a common cold. For you its organ failure and death, so don't eat vulture meat, as the Bible stated, 3,000 years ago.

(6) Horse-meat and pig-meat forbidden. What a surprise that both are rife with parasites like trichonosis and ring-worm. Instead of obeying God, men have taken to lacing pig-meat with nitrites and nitrates to attempt to kill parasites and control disease. But the treatment is worse than the cure, since nitrites cause cancer. If only men listened to God instead of trying to do it their own way.

(7) Dogs and Cats unclean. Dogs are absolutely filthy, eating their own feces and vomit, and that of other animals. Both these species are scavengers as well as meat-eaters, and harbor everything from ringworm to a dozen other harmful diseases. Recently the Canadian government issued a special warning that pregnant women should not even touch cat-poop, because it is so toxic that it causes miscarriages and spontaneous abortion.

I could go on, but what is the point? God is right, and you are an idiot.

taikoo

Most? I think not. You're vision of square hectares of "shrimp farms" is quite the fantasy. Most large commercial fishing operations still fish in the ocean, and do it in a non-sustainable way, so your point is irrelevant.

My point was that God's food laws for humans make good biological and ecological sense.

But that eludes you, because you haven't the logical capacity to follow any syllogisms to their obvious conclusions.

Now that you've turned the food chain upside down, I suppose higher species are at the bottom.

God also recommends you stop doing recreational drugs. Perhaps if you do that, you'll be able to think right-side up.

On the contrary, not enough biology, for you to grasp the point of the vulture example.

It was brought up to show why different species (e.g., man vs. vulture) have to follow different food laws, because they have different systems, capable of different tasks.

Another example, which is also a literal truth, not an "analogy" (get a dictionary before you fire off idiotic non-sequiters please), would be the cow. It has two stomachs and can digest cellulose, because it produces an enzyme, cellulase, which humans can't. That is why cows can eat grass and actually digest it, as opposed to humans, for whom grass is mostly just ruffage or fibre. Humans would die quickly of malnutrition eating just grasses.

But who needs examples? Just ask any farmer the obvious truth: Every animal has an ideal diet. The further you stray from that ideal diet, the sicker the animal gets.

Mankind is no different.

Are you a moron?

plankton may be the very bottom of the food-chain in some systems, but bottom-feeders are the basic bottom of the food-chain in terms of animals larger than a pin-head, and fishable.

Lets be practical shall we?

Brilliant. Your well-known biological fact which hardly needs repeating in the condescending way one might educate a child, actually proves my point. Large marine predators are not smart enough or aware enough of the dangers, or able to avoid the pollutants man has dumped into their ecosystem.

Men on the other hand, CAN avoid for instance mercury in larger fish, because we know about it. One of the ways man was automatically protected from poisoning by ingesting sea scavengers, was the Biblical food laws, which forbid all sea creatures which do not have scales and fins, like crustaceans and mollusks. This food law does not protect against mercury poisoning, but it most definitely would end the some 5,000 cases of food poisoning per year from clams, oysters, lobsters, and crawfish.

It is also a fact, which you have not acknowledged, that bottom feeders like clams, oysters, lobsters, and crawfish also build up poisons that end up on the ocean floor, leaking out of old drums of toxins dumped off the ocean shelf.

Really? Lets list the avoidable risks and health benefits from following them:

(1) disease. Eating animals that die of unknown causes are forbidden. You're probably following that food law now.

(2) Improper slaughter and preparation. If animals were killed as per biblical instructions, the blood would be removed, and the meat properly cooked, resulting again in avoidance of things like mad-cow disease.

(3) Proper care of food-animals. If cows had not been fed ground-up animal parts to increase the 'protein content' in their grain-meal, and thus forcing them to commit unknowing cannibalism, there would have been NO mad-cow disease, caused from ingesting cow brains. Governments are now implementing the Biblical principles re: allowable meal-formulas as we speak. Apparently Biblical principles keep showing up by coincidence.

(4) No improper seafoods. Already covered. Avoid them and avoid possible cases of food poisoning and disease.

(5) Ducks, other scavenger-birds forbidden. Such unclean animals harbor all kinds of diseases, as part of their natural environment. Vultures for instance have 'syphillis' and other disease all their lives: for them its no more harmful than a common cold. For you its organ failure and death, so don't eat vulture meat, as the Bible stated, 3,000 years ago.

(6) Horse-meat and pig-meat forbidden. What a surprise that both are rife with parasites like trichonosis and ring-worm. Instead of obeying God, men have taken to lacing pig-meat with nitrites and nitrates to attempt to kill parasites and control disease. But the treatment is worse than the cure, since nitrites cause cancer. If only men listened to God instead of trying to do it their own way.

(7) Dogs and Cats unclean. Dogs are absolutely filthy, eating their own feces and vomit, and that of other animals. Both these species are scavengers as well as meat-eaters, and harbor everything from ringworm to a dozen other harmful diseases. Recently the Canadian government issued a special warning that pregnant women should not even touch cat-poop, because it is so toxic that it causes miscarriages and spontaneous abortion.

I could go on, but what is the point? God is right, and you are an idiot.

ignorance plus mean spirited snarkiness is quite a combo.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Don't count on it:
And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt.
(Daniel 12:2)​
I notice that verse says "many" rather than "all".

For all you know, I'm among those who aren't part of the "many".
"...for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves
will hear His voice and come forth:
— those who have done good, to the resurrection of life,
and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. "
(John 5:28-29)
Now that is interesting: this verse says "all" instead of "many". That's a pretty glaring discrepancy.
See you on Judgement Day. We'll talk then.

Nazaroo
What do you suppose God will have to say about my kicking a beggar in the crotch last month for the egregious offense of approaching me without my permission? :chuckle:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Start wearing a cup.
Why?

Do you expect that I'll be made to eternally suffer all the gratuitous cruelties I've visited on others, all the times I've deliberately ignored the plight of the poor, sick, unclothed, hungry, imprisoned, etc.?

Fantasizing about what vile tortures await the damned in hell (which, by the way, will be the vast majority of human beings who have ever lived; the goats will outnumber the sheep by many orders of magnitude) makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, doesn't it?

Now don't lie, Naz: your posting history shows that you do not ever shed a tear for the damned; in fact, you practically quiver with glee at the thought of Those Whom Nazaroo Doesn't Like getting their eternal comeuppance.

Nazaroo

Why?

Do you expect that I'll be made to eternally suffer all the gratuitous cruelties I've visited on others, all the times I've deliberately ignored the plight of the poor, sick, unclothed, hungry, imprisoned, etc.?

Fantasizing about what vile tortures await the damned in hell (which, by the way, will be the vast majority of human beings who have ever lived; the goats will outnumber the sheep by many orders of magnitude) makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, doesn't it?

Now don't lie, Naz: your posting history shows that you do not ever shed a tear for the damned; in fact, you practically quiver with glee at the thought of Those Whom Nazaroo Doesn't Like getting their eternal comeuppance.

I don't have an emotion one way or another about the damned. I don't know who they are, except by their fruits. Those that have personally committed horrific crimes against me any my loved ones, well, in theory I suppose I would hate them, but most of them I have never met.

Nothing about this subject makes me "warm and fuzzy", except knowing that God will right the wrongs and injustice in the world in a merciful way on Judgement Day. But its not about punishing people, its about ending suffering and injustice.

Sorry these thoughts are so alien to you.

WMDKitty

By the way DRUG DEALING is in fact mentioned specifically in the New Testament and condemned, in the original Greek.

Read the OT, specifically Genesis 1:29.

"1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

Drugs derived from plants are just fine.

Nazaroo

Read the OT, specifically Genesis 1:29.

"1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

Drugs derived from plants are just fine.

...so your authority is higher than that of Jesus Christ? great.

Lets see if your powers are as great: can I have a million dollars please? Thanks in advance.

How much are you selling the "herbs" for?

You seem to put the "dope" in dope-dealer.

P.S. last time I checked, marijuana isn't a fruit-tree.

YahuShuan

...so your authority is higher than that of Jesus Christ? great.

Lets see if your powers are as great: can I have a million dollars please? Thanks in advance.

How much are you selling the "herbs" for?

You seem to put the "dope" in dope-dealer.

P.S. last time I checked, marijuana isn't a fruit-tree.

No, it is an "seed bearing plant". Seed bearing does not mean that the carrier has to be a fruit. Fruit seeds are just on the inside, not the outside. The real word used of marijuana in Scriptures is "KINEBOISIN"...NOT, "calamus" as in the KJV. See: CANNABIS IN THE BIBLE

Many other references will also support this, but you have to look for who goes back to the truth, not uses their "own words" to have control over you and make you think to say something good is bad or something bad is good. My understanding is that somewhere around NINE POUNDS of perfect tops are used to make the "annointing oil" used in OUR belief. Check that out, get back with me, I would be interested in finding out what you think after you have done PROPER research. Look up the word "KINEBOISIN".

It all comes out in the wash:) No reason to barbeque folks with undue reasonings. Hebrew University in Jerusalem confirms it... "Holy Annointing Oil" the article contained therein states, "Her theory, that kaneh bosm(kineboisin) originally had been Cannabis in the Holy Anointing Oil, was confirmed in 1980 by the Hebrew University in Israel", referring to a one "Sula Benet". Unfortunately Christianity still wishes to continue their ways of making up new laws, possibly to make up for not being under the Law...just like the ones Yeshua called HYPOCRITES did. Cleaning the outside not caring for what is inside!!!!!!! And in this case apparently they even want us to clean up what doesn't need to be cleaned up. Maybe they should stay with cleaning hearts, because their pots are full of unclean meats...they ain't no body to be telling true believers what to take into their bodies that's for sure. (and YOU know that!)

Last edited:

Nazaroo

No, it is an "seed bearing plant". Seed bearing does not mean that the carrier has to be a fruit. Fruit seeds are just on the inside, not the outside. The real word used of marijuana in Scriptures is "KINEBOISIN"...NOT, "calamus" as in the KJV. See: CANNABIS IN THE BIBLE

Many other references will also support this, but you have to look for who goes back to the truth, not uses their "own words" to have control over you and make you think to say something good is bad or something bad is good. My understanding is that somewhere around NINE POUNDS of perfect tops are used to make the "annointing oil" used in OUR belief. Check that out, get back with me, I would be interested in finding out what you think after you have done PROPER research. Look up the word "KINEBOISIN".

It all comes out in the wash:) No reason to barbeque folks with undue reasonings. Hebrew University in Jerusalem confirms it... "Holy Annointing Oil" the article contained therein states, "Her theory, that kaneh bosm(kineboisin) originally had been Cannabis in the Holy Anointing Oil, was confirmed in 1980 by the Hebrew University in Israel", referring to a one "Sula Benet". Unfortunately Christianity still wishes to continue their ways of making up new laws, possibly to make up for not being under the Law...just like the ones Yeshua called HYPOCRITES did. Cleaning the outside not caring for what is inside!!!!!!! And in this case apparently they even want us to clean up what doesn't need to be cleaned up. Maybe they should stay with cleaning hearts, because their pots are full of unclean meats...they ain't no body to be telling true believers what to take into their bodies that's for sure. (and YOU know that!)

Dear YahuShuan:

I am hardly unaware of the current popular belief that the ancient Israelites were really hashish and cannabis users, and that the priests supposedly annointed themselves and/or burnt incense made with Cannabis.

This claim has been around for 50 years, ever since the 70s made the drug popular in the USA and Europe.

The documentation however is absurdly sketchy, and no hard evidence has ever been produced that would support Israelites or Cohen in the Kingdom Period and earlier ever used this drug, imported originally along with Poppy opiates from Afghanistan to Lebanon, and then to Egypt.

Even in Egypt, the only popular drug was a kind of beer (which apparently the Egyptians invented or improved) up until long after the Israelite kingdoms were conquered and carried respectively to Assyria and Babylon.

Please note that many traditions which were indigenous to Babylon but originally foreign to Israel were absorbed during the Captivity of the Southern House of Judah, Benjamin, and their cohabiting Levites, including foreign wives and concubines for one thing.

The kind of evidence that would be more convincing, rather than lame arguments about etymology or drug-trade routes, would be say digging up some incense from the 1st Temple period. But that is not likely to be forthcoming in the current archaeological environment.

YahuShuan

Dear YahuShuan:

I am hardly unaware of the current popular belief that the ancient Israelites were really hashish and cannabis users, and that the priests supposedly annointed themselves and/or burnt incense made with Cannabis.

This claim has been around for 50 years, ever since the 70s made the drug popular in the USA and Europe.

The documentation however is absurdly sketchy, and no hard evidence has ever been produced that would support Israelites or Cohen in the Kingdom Period and earlier ever used this drug, imported originally along with Poppy opiates from Afghanistan to Lebanon, and then to Egypt.

Even in Egypt, the only popular drug was a kind of beer (which apparently the Egyptians invented or improved) up until long after the Israelite kingdoms were conquered and carried respectively to Assyria and Babylon.

Please note that many traditions which were indigenous to Babylon but originally foreign to Israel were absorbed during the Captivity of the Southern House of Judah, Benjamin, and their cohabiting Levites, including foreign wives and concubines for one thing.

The kind of evidence that would be more convincing, rather than lame arguments about etymology or drug-trade routes, would be say digging up some incense from the 1st Temple period. But that is not likely to be forthcoming in the current archaeological environment.

So, there again, the only proof we have, is what Yah said in Scripture about "seed bearing plants". Anything more or less would be a "tradition of men". (that's the point) Who then, are we, to "judge another man's servant"? Concern should be rendered on the "restoration" of things, not promoting more divisions thereof caused by men. The "ministry of reconciliation" is what we are to be about, not sending folks to hell based upon man's interpretations of things they have no clue about.

Shabbat Shalom! We do what we KNOW to do, not what we think to do. Hallelu Yah.

YahuShuan

recreational drug abuse, especially alcohol, is the number one social problem in North America, and causes more death and disease than any other factor.

No, I believe the number one social problem in the whole world is LIES. The second problem is people thinking they got a handle on what Yah desires for others all the while not DOING what HE said themselves...Making more rules that are not there only to make themselves look better. But the only one they look better TO...is themselves. And that particular lie, to themselves, only serves to bring them further into not finding what it is they SHOULD be looking for...FOR THEMSELVES...thus keeping their own beams in their eyes so as not to see how to help a brother or sister. That my friend is satans plan, not Yah's. The "wasting" of times meant for "healing the breach". A "wasting dis-ease" perhaps, eh.

If we understood this, I don't think many of us would have any part of it and would consider what we need to do to clean up our own acts. That way we could be part of those who ask for the soap from the launderer, and not of those who have no need for soap.

patricius79

By the way DRUG DEALING is in fact mentioned specifically in the New Testament and condemned, in the original Greek.

We had a long thread on this only a year or two ago.

It can be found here:

Pharmakeia: Drug-Dealing in the New Testament

We suggest anyone interested in what the New Testament really says about drugs and drug dealers should go here.

Here is a quotation from that thread:

------------------------------------------------------------
Drug Dealers In the Bible? Where?

Drug dealing is treated gravely and severely condemned in the New Testament: 5 times.

(Gal.5:20, Rev.9:21, 18:23, 21:8, 22:15, original Greek)

Paul Spoke out against Drug Dealing:
Gal 5:20 "Now the works of the flesh are OBVIOUS: sexual immorality, uncleanness, ... DRUG DEALING ( pharmakeia )...and things like these I am warning you, THOSE WHO DO THEM WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD!"
John also Speaks out against Drugs:
Rev. 9:21 "Nor did they even repent of their murders or their DRUG DEALING (ton pharmakon) or their sexual immorality or their robbery."

Rev 22:15 "OUTSIDE (heaven) are the dogs and the DRUG DEALERS (hoi pharmakoi), and everyone who practises falsehood."

Rev 18:23 Babylon the Great City has fallen...All nations were deceived by your DRUG DEALING (en te pharmakeia)"

Rev 21:8 "But as for the ...DRUG DEALERS (pharmakois) their place will be in the Lake of Fire, which is the Second Death!"

Why Should we translate 'pharmakoi' as Drug Dealers?

very interesting. if that holds, then it would include contraceptives--if they are being used for contraception-- since the Church historically
has always taught that contraception is contrary to the Way.

http://www.catholic.com/library/morality_ethics.asp

indeed some scholars do think that "pharmakeia" refers to contraceptives which, as today, were also abortifacient

taikoo

No, I believe the number one social problem in the whole world is LIES. The second problem is people thinking they got a handle on what Yah desires for others all the while not DOING what HE said themselves...Making more rules that are not there only to make themselves look better. But the only one they look better TO...is themselves. And that particular lie, to themselves, only serves to bring them further into not finding what it is they SHOULD be looking for...FOR THEMSELVES...thus keeping their own beams in their eyes so as not to see how to help a brother or sister. That my friend is satans plan, not Yah's. The "wasting" of times meant for "healing the breach". A "wasting dis-ease" perhaps, eh.

If we understood this, I don't think many of us would have any part of it and would consider what we need to do to clean up our own acts. That way we could be part of those who ask for the soap from the launderer, and not of those who have no need for soap.

Biggest source of lies is all the religions in the world.

Nydhogg

Hashish was a habit of some tribes. It really got traction when the Arabs picked the habit from the Hindus.

YahuShuan

Biggest source of lies is all the religions in the world.

Yes, the biggest source of all lies are the ones who have polluted the ONE TRUE FAITH. Thus producing "religions". The One True Faith states: "the only religion clean and acceptable to Yah is to visit widows and orphans in their distress, and to keep ones self unstained from the world". But the supposed followers of that One True belief do not do what their belief states. But they can make up a whole set of rules for you to go by...as long as it fits within their idealogic framework of their "own words". And that One True Belief will indeed condemn them for their "own words". Other than that...the biggest source for lies in this world is the "father of lies" that you work for, "atheist". Oh you have a religion, it is the devils, he breaths out anti-christ, just as you do, so we know you work for him. You can never separate facts from fictions simply because, of your being one who "hates" God, you, and 3 and 4 generations comikng after you are cursed, you "see but do not understand" and it is on purpose too. So you will not "turn from your wicked ways to be saved", because your sincerity would never be true. He don't need any more who worship with lips and leave their hearts behind. Got enough of them, that's for sure. And why would I be able to say your sincerity would not be true? Just like everyone else, you have made a decision NOT to search for Him with all your heart soul and mind. So you don't get none. Not because it wasn't offered...because you "refused" to "ask" HIM. You refused to "seek" so you have not "knocked" on the door, so it could not be opened to you. You could change and "repent" but it doesn't matter to you so you won't.

"Many are called but few CHOOSE". The Greek screwed everybody up, but that's what they CHOOSE to follow. And what they refuse to understand...but oh yes, don't be misled...THEY SEE IT, but they do not understand it.

THAT in itself makes what the Scriptures say to be TRUE. And THAT was for YOU to see..."but you would not". Keep it up and you'll miss out on the "rest of the story" too. Change, commit to HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS and you will be a part of it, a part that resides within "all truth" and all truth resides within it. Be a part of life, instead of death. It is your "choice". The final results of all this are in place, and the chips are ready to fall on all those who say "we do not listen". So I say...LISTEN TO HIM WHOSE NAME IS YAH!

yeshuaslavejeff

very interesting. if that holds, then it would include contraceptives--if they are being used for contraception-- since the (anti-christ) church historically
has always taught that contraception is contrary to the Way.

http://www.ABOMINATION.com/library/morality_ethics.asp

indeed some scholars do think that "pharmakeia" refers to contraceptives which, as today, were also abortifacient

Knowingly or unknowingly, contraception results in the murder of almost 12 (or more!) lives for every one alive today.
since, cthlc(rcc) and morality are totally opposite each other, don't bother quoting anything from an rcc source.