Drug Dealing and the Bible

Nazaroo

Naz, just because you've personally seen the effects of drug abuse doesn't mean they should be illegal, any more than any vice that can be used in moderation should be prohibited.

This entire thread is a "doth protest too much." Give it up already.

recreational drug abuse, especially alcohol, is the number one social problem in North America, and causes more death and disease than any other factor.

Granite

Hall of Fame
recreational drug abuse, especially alcohol, is the number one social problem in North America, and causes more death and disease than any other factor.

Oh, I see, so you're just a garden variety prohibitionist. Not enough to go after harmless narcotics, you need to ruin everyone else's time, too.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Remind us all again why this is your problem?

I suppose you would cluck your disapproval of my taking some hot tea with a shot of whiskey in it when I have a chest cold.

Nazaroo

Remind us all again why this is your problem?

I suppose you would cluck your disapproval of my taking some hot tea with a shot of whiskey in it when I have a chest cold.

Especially since you probably got your "chest cold" because of an immune system weakness from breaking the Biblical food laws and drinking.

You bet I disapprove of you buying an industrial solvent and polluting your body with it, contra the commands of God.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Especially since you probably got your "chest cold" because of an immune system weakness from breaking the Biblical food laws and drinking.

You bet I disapprove of you buying an industrial solvent and polluting your body with it, contra the commands of God.

Okay.

So what?

Why on earth should anyone care what you think about what they do with their health?

Beyond your uptight attitude on health and your perverse imagination I can't think of a single person in their right mind who'd seek you out for any kind of advice, Naz. All you bring to TOL is depressing, darkness, and some of the grimmest ponderings I've yet to read here.

Get. Some. Help.

Nazaroo

Okay.

So what?

Why on earth should anyone care what you think about what they do with their health?

Beyond your uptight attitude on health and your perverse imagination I can't think of a single person in their right mind who'd seek you out for any kind of advice, Naz. All you bring to TOL is depressing, darkness, and some of the grimmest ponderings I've yet to read here.

Get. Some. Help.

If you don't care, why is every third post in my threads from you?

Get. A. Life.

You can't live vicariously as a troll in my threads forever. Someday you will have to get a girlfriend.

Granite

Hall of Fame
If you don't care, why is every third post in my threads from you?

If you're keeping track I'd suggest you might want to go talk a walk or smell some roses.:chuckle: I already swore off your previous dino-related thread because, frankly, getting too close to your imagination is downright repulsive. Your mind's a sewer.

Get. A. Life.

Have one, thanks. Sorry yours isn't what you want it to be.

Someday you will have to get a girlfriend.

I'm happily married, you twisted little pervert.:wave2:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
I'm not giving up my shrimp, pork chops or catfish no matter how dire the circumstances.

IIRC, you're a strict vegetarian who for some weird reason doesn't eat grapes.
I also expose my body to all manner of industrial pollutants by continuing to live in a noisy, smog-enshrouded city, because peace and quiet, fresh air and sunshine are for pansies, nancy-boys and little girlie men.

Nazaroo

I'm not giving up my shrimp, pork chops or catfish no matter how dire the circumstances.

Industrial fishing via dredging the ocean bottom is wiping out the ocean ecosystem, so you'll be giving up your shrimp soon.

Scavengers at the bottom of the food chain are forbidden for good reason(s).

(1) your immune system isn't the same as a vulture's.

(2) scavengers suck up the deadly toxins corporations dump into the ocean.

(3) killing off the food supply of real edible fish isn't sustainable.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Industrial fishing via dredging the ocean bottom is wiping out the ocean ecosystem, so you'll be giving up your shrimp soon.

Funny you should mention corporations and toxins.

I was born and raised in a steel town where exposure to industrial pollutants was the order of the day. I spent most of my youth less than five miles away from one of the largest steel plants in the country, where the sky was more often brown than blue, and I have never suffered any particularly deleterious effects, which just goes to show that it isn't all that difficult to survive and even thrive in a blighted and polluted environment.

I could always tell the out-of-towners by their tearing eyes and surgical masks; they just couldn't take it.

The Berean

I was born and raised in a steel town where exposure to industrial pollutants was the order of the day. I spent most of my youth less than five miles away from one of the largest steel plants in the country, where the sky was more often brown than blue, and I have never suffered any particularly deleterious effects, which just goes to show that it isn't all that difficult to survive and even thrive in a blighted and polluted environment.

I could always tell the out-of-towners by their tearing eyes and surgical masks; they just couldn't take it.
Well, obviously, they were pansies, nancy-boys and little girlie men.

Nazaroo

I'm wondering where you're going with this.

Are you suggesting letting corporations deteriorate the environment in an attempt to improve the human race by 'survival of the fittest'?

Continually adjusting the environment downward seems wrongheaded, just as endless steroid injections for bodybuilders isn't sustainable.

Eventually you create a species of deformed people with genetic damage.

Nazaroo

Gerald

Resident Fiend
I'm wondering where you're going with this.

Are you suggesting letting corporations deteriorate the environment in an attempt to improve the human race by 'survival of the fittest'?
Human "improvement" doesn't concern me in the least.

And if you don't like what a corporation is doing to your local environment, nobody's forcing you to live there.

I'm very pro-business that way.
Continually adjusting the environment downward seems wrongheaded, just as endless steroid injections for bodybuilders isn't sustainable.

Eventually you create a species of deformed people with genetic damage.
By the time that becomes a problem (and that's assuming it will actually become a problem, which I strongly doubt), I'll be far beyond caring.

Great thing, the limited human lifespan! :thumb:

taikoo

We are long since satisfied that you dont know your biology / ecology / fisheries management.

Most of the shrimp on the market are farm raised, not wild caught.
They are raised in freshwater ponds as well as in salt water.

As for your 'scavengers", they are not at the bottom of the food chain.
They are closer to the top.

Your vulture analogy is worthless, as the vulture's digestive system is evolved to cope with the bacteria in decayed meat, not with PCBs, mercury, etc. And the bacteria do not contaminate the flesh of the vulture.

Too much biology for you, tho, eh?

The bottom of the food chain in the ocean is phytoplankton, followed by zooplankton, both of which are pelagic, not benthic organisms. And they are not scavengers.

The toxins that are taken up are progressively concentrated as one goes up the food chain. Large marine predators like tuna tend to have the highest concentrations.

Biblical food rules make little to no sense.

Nazaroo

By the time that becomes a problem (and that's assuming it will actually become a problem, which I strongly doubt), I'll be far beyond caring.

Great thing, the limited human lifespan! :thumb:

Don't count on it:
And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt.
(Daniel 12:2)

"...for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves
will hear His voice and come forth:
— those who have done good, to the resurrection of life,
and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. "
(John 5:28-29)
See you on Judgement Day. We'll talk then.

Nazaroo

taikoo

Don't count on it:
And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt.
(Daniel 12:2)

"...for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves
will hear His voice and come forth:
— those who have done good, to the resurrection of life,
and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. "
(John 5:28-29)
See you on Judgement Day. We'll talk then.

Nazaroo

Is your theology as good as your biology?