Drug Dealing and the Bible

Nydhogg

Those are the costs of drug prohibition, not of drug use.
Without prohibition, drugs would be cheap.

There wouldn't be a multi-trillion dollar drug industry. Consequently, there'd be no cartels.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

There wouldn't be a multi-trillion dollar drug industry. Consequently, there'd be no cartels.

I can't understand why others don't understand this

you can't stop it
so
at least try to control it

Nydhogg

Why?
People own their lives. Let them do with their own lives as they please.

Social control is not a good thing, it is the root of ALL evil.

Individual sovereignty FTW!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
in California because of the three strikes law they are letting child molesters out to make room for drug people

Nydhogg

They deprive random, non-violent druggies of their liberty and their rights. There are MILLIONS of people in jail without having hurt a fly or attempted to do so.

It's actually a crisis, and it demands action.

The Controlled Substances Act should be abolished. The DEA should be shut down, defunded, and treated as a kidnapping racket. Those responsible should be hung.

We should pardon, full pardon, with restoration of civil rights, all non-violent drug offenders.

All Narcotics cops should be sacked without any compensation whatsoever, without warning and without notice. Just kick them out.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
They deprive random, non-violent druggies of their liberty and their rights. There are MILLIONS of people in jail without having hurt a fly or attempted to do so.

The Controlled Substances Act should be abolished. The DEA should be shut down, defunded, and treated as a kidnapping racket. Those responsible should be hung.

We should pardon, full pardon, with restoration of civil rights, all non-violent drug offenders.

All Narcotics cops should be sacked without any compensation whatsoever, without warning and without notice. Just kick them out.

I agree but it will never happen until you can convince parents that these drug laws are not protecting their kids

Nydhogg

You'll need to show them that the only thing these laws might do is deprive their children of their rights.

As a matter of curiosity, do you agree that all DEA agents should be tried for conspiracy to deprive citizens of their freedom, found guilty and hung?

Nazaroo

This doesn't make any sense with narcotics.

Cigarettes were legal for 100 years, and became a multi-billion dollar industry. Why? Not because they were "illegal", but because people will pay top dollar for vice, and others will exploit them if there are no controls.

The only thing that has made a dent on cigarette use has been an aggressive campaign about the dangers, and restrictive measures regarding sales to children etc.

The same thing could be done with marijuana.

I could agree with you that first-time users or those with only a few joints of marijuana should not clog up prisons.

But dealers are dealers. They deal in enslaving millions to drugs, for profit. These people are criminals and should be arrested. Its not rocket-science.

peace
Nazaroo

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You'll need to show them that the only thing these laws might do is deprive their children of their rights.

As a matter of curiosity, do you agree that all DEA agents should be tried for conspiracy to deprive citizens of their freedom, found guilty and hung?

they are just doing what they are being asked to do by the people

you can't hold them responsible

Nydhogg

Yes, you can.

"Just following orders" is NOT a defense.

Therefore, whoever enacts OR enforces an oppressive law is equally guilty, and should pay dearly for their violations of other people's rights. In all likelihood, we will never be able to hang the enacters, but sure as Hell we can pass a ballot initiative to punish the enforcers :p, which I guess would put the fear of the Gods on the enacters ;).

Enforcing or attempting to enforce federal gun laws is already a felony in several States (Montana springs to mind). We can do the same with drug laws, and I suggest we make it a capital crime.

Example law: "Any attempt to enforce any federal drug law on narcotics that are produced and distributed entirely inside the State of X is a class A felony, punishable by either life in prison without parole or execution".

Nazaroo

Yes, you can.

"Just following orders" is NOT a defense.

Therefore, whoever enacts OR enforces an oppressive law is equally guilty, and should pay dearly for their violations of other people's rights. In all likelihood, we will never be able to hang the enacters, but sure as Hell we can pass a ballot initiative to punish the enforcers :p, which I guess would put the fear of the Gods on the enacters ;).

Enforcing or attempting to enforce federal gun laws is already a felony in several States (Montana springs to mind). We can do the same with drug laws, and I suggest we make it a capital crime.

Example law: "Any attempt to enforce any federal drug law on narcotics that are produced and distributed entirely inside the State of X is a class A felony, punishable by either life in prison without parole or execution".

So you would also dismantle the federal government?

You have no loyalty to the USA or the Constitution I suppose.

peace
Nazaroo

Nydhogg

I favor decentralizing power. Self-government to the highest possible degree, up to and including outright individual sovereignty.

Nazaroo

Now drug dealers in the USA are taking info from researchers and manufacturing dangerous and deadly drugs, just to slip under the radar and avoid prosecution.

This is a form of murder, since it results in needless homicides because people don't know that the new drugs can kill.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/8...ng-the-scientific-literature-for-legal-highs/

Purdue University chemist David Nichols says he’s haunted by the knowledge that his scientific research has led to unsafe–and sometimes even deadly–drug use.
“It’s not like you took a gun and shot somebody because then you would know you’d been responsible,” he told the BBC, “but people were taking something that you had published and I was alerting them that this might be an active molecule.” [BBC News]
In an editorial in Nature, Nichols discusses how compounds he has developed are being used as street drugs, with no regards to their safety. Nichols researches compounds for Parkinson’s and schizophrenia and has worked on developing serotonin-regulating analogs of MDMA (commonly known as ecstasy) for use in depression. One of these analogs (called MTA) became a big hit on the streets in the late 1990s.
Without my knowledge, MTA was synthesized by others and made into tablets called, appropriately enough, ‘flatliners’. Some people who took them died. Now, any knowledgeable person who had carefully read our papers might have realized the danger of ingesting MTA…. It really disturbs me that [these people] have so little regard for human safety and human life that the scant information we publish is used by them to push ahead and market a product designed for human consumption. [Nature]

peace
Nazaroo

taikoo

I liked the sign you see at the airport in Beijing:

If you bring drugs you will be executed.

I favour hanging drug dealers, and harsh rehab for the users.

either that or give up and let the druggies have the country.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Nazaroo, thanks, I already knew that the drug word rooted from the pharmacy word (Pharmakeia), that connection, that relationship, but then I didn't know about the cover-up, that alcohol, being a drug, was being sold from the early church or something like that, and because of that they replaced that drug pharmacy word for the word of sorcery.

What other cover-ups are we missing out on?

Nazaroo

Nazaroo, thanks, I already knew that the drug word rooted from the pharmacy word (Pharmakeia), that connection, that relationship, but then I didn't know about the cover-up, that alcohol, being a drug, was being sold from the early church or something like that, and because of that they replaced that drug pharmacy word for the word of sorcery.

What other cover-ups are we missing out on?

This is a good question, but one that is covered in many of my threads. Try searching for Unitarian conspiracies for the 19th-20th century.

The Oxford Movement scandals are also good.

peace
Nazaroo

Nazaroo

I got my "The Berean" email today. Its a daily scripture verse that discusses its application and meaning for Christian living.

Today they discussed idolatry and sorcery, and most importantly, they acknowledge that the NT word "pharmakeia" indeed connotes DRUGS:

Deuteronomy 18:10-12

pixel.gif
(10) There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, (11) or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. (12) For all who do these things are an abomination to the LORD, and because of these abominations the LORD your God drives them out from before you.
pixel.gif
God considers these things to be idolatrous; they honor demonic spirits, and thus He calls them abominations or detestable things, things that He hates. Interestingly, He says these practices are a reason why He sent Israel in to dispossess these people. We do not want to practice customs that ultimately bring on God's wrath and destruction.​
In Leviticus 20:6, God likens spiritism to prostitution, the physical counterpart to spiritual prostitution, idolatry. To God, witchcraft and occultism are similar to sexual immorality, but one is physical and the other is spiritual. Which is worse—physical or spiritual prostitution? Both defile the purity God desires in our flesh and in our spirit (II Corinthians 7:1). This linking of spiritism with sexual sins and idolatry occurs elsewhere (Exodus 22:16-20; I Samuel 15:22-23). Witchcraft is equated with them because it is both prostitution and idolatry.​
When a Christian meddles in spiritism of any kind, whether witchcraft, sorcery, divination, consulting a medium or fortune-teller, or even reading a horoscope, he undermines his relationship with God—just as a man who visits a prostitute damages his relationship with his wife. Someone else is coming between the two covenanted parties, causing division. Occultism puts a wedge between God and the Christian; he might as well bow to an idol. It produces the same result: to drive him away from God.​
The New Testament takes the same approach as the Old:​
Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, . . . of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:19-21)​
The apostle Paul speaks of adultery, fornication, uncleanness, and licentiousness—all with at least overtones of sexuality—then he mentions idolatry and immediately thereafter sorcery! It cannot be just a coincidence that they all fall in this order. Those who practice such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God because they are not fulfilling their covenant with God.​
"Sorcery," intriguingly, is pharmakeia in Greek, from which we derive our words "pharmacy" and "pharmaceutical."

Diviners, enchanters, witches, and sorcerers employed drugs and other potions to put them or their clients "in the spirit" so their "magic" would work.

The drugs, then, came to stand for sorcery of all kinds. For the same reason, drug use is part of the celebration among the more serious Halloween devotees today.
The Bible's teaching on this is consistent. Spiritism, the occult, is a form of idolatry, a kind of spiritual prostitution. Its end is separation from God and eventual destruction.​

Richard T. Ritenbaugh
From Halloween

You can subscribe to the Berean too, and receive daily scripture commentaries. They are usually very good.

peace
Nazaroo

Granite

Hall of Fame
Naz, just because you've personally seen the effects of drug abuse doesn't mean they should be illegal, any more than any vice that can be used in moderation should be prohibited.

This entire thread is a "doth protest too much." Give it up already.