Drug Dealing and the Bible

Nazaroo

If you legalize drugs, you take the profit out of them.

You must be slow:
There are thousands of legal drugs,
all extremely profitable,
including the Pill and Aspirin.

How many Valentine's Day Massacres have happened lately due to bootlegging?
How many ever happened due to bootlegging?

Your logic is extremely flawed.

Why don't we make murder legal?
That way, there will be no criminals who are murderers, right?

some other dude

You must be slow:
There are thousands of legal drugs,
all extremely profitable,
including the Pill and Aspirin.

And yet you never see Hell's Angels trafficking in them. :think:

How many ever happened due to bootlegging?

One more than have been happening since the repeal of the eighteeneth amendment.

Your logic is extremely flawed.

Perhaps you misunderstand the argument I'm making. :idunno:

Why don't we make murder legal?

How would that take the criminal element out of drug trafficking?

That way, there will be no criminals who are murderers, right?

Yes, I can see you're confused. You think that drug trafficking is murder. It is not, the way CVS does it.

Nazaroo

You completely ignore the fact that it is prohibition and this idiotic "war on drugs" that creates this violence.

Here's the amazing thing:

Drugs are illegal here in Toronto, Canada.
But
over 6 million people in the Greater Toronto area got up today and went to work,
without feeling it necessary to commit violence, even though drugs are currently illegal here.

Of course, they were non-violent law abiding citizens to begin with,
who see no reason to vote for law change, or complain about the laws against drug dealing.

What made them stay sane?
If only the drug laws were even harsher,
they would probably all go bananas and start doing this:
Caution: Horrific drug cartel violence shown: NOT for the squeamish:
http://www.bvbl.net/index.php/2010/12/15/record-drug-bust-in-dc-illegal-alien-drug-cartel-members/

...or maybe not.
Maybe psychotic criminals kill people, not law abiding citizens.

Maybe drugs exasperate and amplify mental illness among those
who already have a propensity or genetic flaw, or brain injury from circumstance or poor diet.

Maybe free recreational unregulated drug use should be banned worldwide.

some other dude

But
over 6 million people in the Greater Toronto area got up today and went to work,
without feeling it necessary to commit violence, even though drugs are currently illegal here.

who see no reason to vote for law change, or complain about the laws against drug dealing.

TORONTO — The man convicted of second-degree murder in the shooting death of bystander Bailey Zaveda outside Toronto's Duke of York tavern two years ago has been handed one of the stiffest sentences on record for the crime.

Kyle Weese, a 27-year-old career criminal who has spent most of his adulthood in custody, showed no emotion as Justice Mary Lou Benotto sent him to prison for life with no chance of parole for 22 years — just a few years shy of the maximum penalty.

"Mr. Weese has left a swath of destruction behind. He disregards court orders and has shown no possibility of rehabilitation," Benotto said Thursday. "He is a dangerous person who must be separated from society."

After the verdict, a scuffle broke out between supporters of Weese and a witness, forcing police to intervene.

In delivering Weese's sentence, Benotto highlighted his extensive criminal record, including assaults, robberies and drug offences. Months before the Duke of York shooting, Weese pleaded guilty to discharging a firearm with intent to wound. He received the minimum sentence in that case after a key witness died.

A Toronto man who gunned down a Mississauga man during a drug deal outside a City Centre movie theatre must wait at least another month to find out when he can apply for parole.
Shawn Vassel, 27, was found guilty on March 13 of second-degree murder in the Dec. 2, 2007 shooting death of Husam Dagheim, 27, outside the Coliseum theatre, on Rathburn Rd. W.

Nazaroo

Exactly.

You haven't explained why 6,000,000 other Torontonians
didn't find it necessary to deal illegal drugs and murder people,
while these 2 criminals freely did so;

in a city where welfare is easier to get than a job,
and where the only people who die on the street
are disfunctional mental patients freed on humanitarian grounds,
and drug addicts who are not forced into medical treatment,
because of Toronto's "harsh" drug laws, which you say should be repealed.

The few deaths we see on Toronto streets are occurring at Jane & Finch
(Black housing projects recently constructed to house illegal immigrants from the USA),
where American drug dealers operate, smuggling in guns and drugs.

Last edited:

Paulos

...or maybe not. Maybe it should be decriminalized, such as has been done in Portugal. Since the decriminalization of drugs in Portugal, the following trends have been noted:
  • Increased use of cannabis.
  • Decreased use of heroin.
  • Increased uptake of treatment.
  • Reduction in drug related deaths.

Granite

Hall of Fame

But

What made them stay sane?
If only the drug laws were even harsher,
they would probably all go bananas and start doing this:
Caution: Horrific drug cartel violence shown: NOT for the squeamish:
http://www.bvbl.net/index.php/2010/12/15/record-drug-bust-in-dc-illegal-alien-drug-cartel-members/

...or maybe not.
Maybe psychotic criminals kill people, not law abiding citizens.

Maybe drugs exasperate and amplify mental illness among those
who already have a propensity or genetic flaw, or brain injury from circumstance or poor diet.

Maybe you're deeply unhappy and obsessional. Did that ever cross your mind?

Morbidity is your drug of choice, and you're obviously addicted to it.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
:: notes that Nazaroo appears to be in Toronto ::

'Scuse me while I make a couple of phone calls...

Nazaroo

:: notes that Nazaroo appears to be in Toronto ::

'Scuse me while I make a couple of phone calls...

While you're making a few phone calls,
the organized crime squads for several states and countries
will be tracing your IP address.

Thanks for the threat, which IDs you better than a confession.

Nazaroo

Maybe you're deeply unhappy and obsessional. Did that ever cross your mind?

Morbidity is your drug of choice, and you're obviously addicted to it.

So that's your explanation of why 6,000,000 Torontonians
got up for work yesterday and didn't feel the need to kill anyone?

I guess its clear that you have no answer for the existance of law abiding citizens.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Wrong again.

"Gerald" doesn't sound like a mob name.
So are you just a fat biker?
Or a donut-eating apostate cop?

:noid: Wrong, Gerald is something even more insidious and threatening than any of these things. Gerald is one of a select group of people who draw fear and terror within the heart of any sane man. An insidious brotherhood, a secret society whose ranks always surround us and whose presence is felt daily.....yet we dare not speak of them :reals:

Samstarrett

:noid: Wrong, Gerald is something even more insidious and threatening than any of these things. Gerald is one of a select group of people who draw fear and terror within the heart of any sane man. An insidious brotherhood, a secret society whose ranks always surround us and whose presence is felt daily.....yet we dare not speak of them :reals:

:shocked: Gerald is a Wiggle?

Gerald

Resident Fiend
:shocked: Gerald is a Wiggle?
:rotfl:

Evidently Naz went :cry: to Knight, which is quite all right: I'll take my upbraiding like an adult and get on with my life. Knight's board, Knight's rules, I knew the job was dangerous when I took it.

I promise that from now on I'll respond to Nazaroo's posts with only my usual derision and scorn; Nazarube, on the other hand, is quite welcome to publicly call me the most vile things he can think of. If he puts his mind to it, I'm sure he can come up with some humdingers!

Gerald

Resident Fiend
That is patently untrue!

You can always say "Fnord"...