Dozer's Fixation on Rape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I am hurt that you would pose such a question to me.

I am hurt that you would count me as someone not sympatheic to an actual rape victim or to having the 'mindset of a theif or rapist' all because i agree that a foolish person can in their own foolish behavior create a situation where they are more likely to become a crime victim.

Its a valid question, because ive been flat out told by some people here before that i am not their friend because i am friends with __________.

Happens all the time.

bybee

I am hurt that you would count me as someone not sympatheic to an actual rape victim or to having the 'mindset of a theif or rapist' all because i agree that a foolish person can in their own foolish behavior create a situation where they are more likely to become a crime victim.

Its a valid question, because ive been flat out told by some people here before that i am not their friend because i am friends with __________.

Happens all the time.

No my dear I like you no matter what! I see where you are coming from and absolutely believe that our behavior has consequences.
I feel that you do not get where I am coming from? I could be wrong. But in any case we are both free to hold our opinions and certainly pick our own buddy's!

glorydaz

You are the recipient of that which you are dishing out.Your opinion of me is none of my business.
I didn't come here looking for credibility or approval.
If I am unpleasant don't look!
And I have no intention of slowing down, unless of course I am banned.

You took the words right out of my mouth. (Not just those in yellow.)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No my dear I like you no matter what! I see where you are coming from and absolutely believe that our behavior has consequences.
I feel that you do not get where I am coming from? I could be wrong. But in any case we are both free to hold our opinions and certainly pick our own buddy's!

:thumb:

musterion

Now you'd better run....

4825179-4424410388-1578c.jpg

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
This thread is an example of the hypersensitivity in our culture. There used to be a time that topics like this could be discussed without the torches and pitchforks coming out.

It is all part of the liberal wussification of America...can't talk honestly about anything controversial because someone who does not understand gets their nose out of joint...most of what I saw in the last thread was knee jerk at best.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It is all part of the liberal wussification of America...can't talk honestly about anything controversial because someone who does not understand gets their nose out of joint...most of what I saw in the last thread was knee jerk at best.

:thumb: well said!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I still can't believe it. Mind boggling, in fact. :think:

Nope, what specifically did i post that said that about you?

If you include yourself in the 'some people' that i spoke of, ask yourself why you include yourself.

Also just because i think some people are deliberately ignoring the truth, doesnt mean i think they arent capeable of knowing it.

Some behaviors are willful after all, because of personal motives and agendas.

We see that all the time on here. Does one remove the other persons guilt, nope.

End of thread for me.
I know what I know.
I've lived it.

Quetzal

Did you read what i said about that, if she knows that red is a particular gang color and she wears it and deliberately puts herself into a situation where it is used to taunt alternate gang members, does she bear responsibility for becoming a crime victim?

Sure she does. Does it make their crime any less crime, nope.
Hey A4T, I was referring to a comment that seemed to suggest that color increased the likelihood of being raped. It is possible I misunderstood it. But, to your point, I agree to the idea that a gangster could pop someone for less than wearing the wrong color.

Quetzal

I agree color has nothing to do with it, but i want to adress your wording here on the overall point:

You misunderstand the larger point, she isnt responsible for being raped, period.

A person might be responsible for increasing the likelihood that they could become a crime victim through foolish actions/behaviors.

For the billionth time, one, doesn't cause the other, one doesn't lesson the guilt of the criminal.
This makes more sense. Thank you. :up:

Granite

Hall of Fame
To be fair, A4T worded in a way that can be exclusive to certain crimes/scenarios. I think rape could be one of those.

I've got her on ignore and don't read what people quote of her--that said, I don't believe rape is a crime where parsing the victim's outfit is appropriate. Enough already. What exactly's being "proven" by that line of argument? I don't see it leading anywhere good.

Status
Not open for further replies.