Dozer's Fixation on Rape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'm going to address this one again because I think it's the key:
Doser has also said that the woman raped SHARES in the responsibility of being raped.

No

what I have said, repeatedly, is that the woman should be held responsible for her actions/behaviors/choices that she knew would put her at risk for being raped and chose to disregard

ok doser

But this is true. Rape is different than theft, which in turn is different than arson; etc etc. They are similar in that apples and oranges are both fruits, but they are different in many other ways.

rape is a form of assault

which is why I posted the "Joe goes to Ferguson and gets assaulted" scenario

which you can't address

Quetzal

rape is a form of assault

which is why I posted the Joe goes to Ferguson and gets assaulted scenario

which you can't address
The problem is you can't differentiate why rape and assault are different. That is unsettling and I would rather not waste my time trying to explain that to you.

ok doser

The problem is you can't differentiate why rape and assault are different. That is unsettling and I would rather not waste my time trying to explain that to you.

and rather than address it, you turn tail and run again

Quetzal

and rather than address it, you turn tail and run again
Look, if you can't answer a question as simple as "Why is this important to you?" directly, I would be a fool to assume you would be able to have a more in depth discussion about why I believe rape is more harmful/is different than assault.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
if it doesn't apply to you, it doesn't apply to you

nope

been trying to get this through your thick skull for quite a while

the rapist bears sole responsibility for the crime of rape

the woman bears the sole responsibility for her actions, behaviors, choices that she knew put her at risk and chose to ignore
I already knew I was at risk for being raped.
I was at risk in the home.
I was at risk going to the car.

If you want to get technical, I was ignoring risks.

So, was I choosing to be raped because I ignored those risks?
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glorydaz

And here we are. Advocates for the distribution of blame are attempting to broaden their original, specific argument because their original premise has been challenged. Sorry, that is what I like to call "moving the goal posts" and I do not want to put anymore effort into validating this tactic any further.

You've never seemed to understand what the original specific argument was. So I'm not sure you're one to judge where the goal posts were. :)

ok doser

OK, i'll modify my Joe goes to Ferguson scenario:

Josephine is planning to go down to the Ferguson protests dressed in klan robes and a hood, carrying a sign that says "Michael Brown Deserved To Be Shot!" and shout racial slurs at the protesters.

Josephine tells her plans to her friend Francine.

Francine says "Don't do it - they'll beat you up and rape you."

Josephine says "You're not the boss of me - I'll do what I want!"

Josephine goes down to the Ferguson protests dressed in klan robes and a hood, carrying a sign that says "Michael Brown Deserved To Be Shot!" and shouts racial slurs at the protesters.

Josephine gets beaten and raped.

Those who beat and rape Josephine are arrested and charged.

Francine comes to visit Josephine in the hospital.

Josephine whines about how unfair it was that she got beaten and raped.

Francine says "What are you talking about? You deserved to get beaten and raped. I told you not to go down there. You chose to get beaten and raped. Next time don't be such a moron."

ok doser

I already knew I was at risk for being raped.
I was at risk in the home.
I was at risk going to the car.

If you want to get technical, I was ignoring risks.

So, was I choosing to be raped because I ignored those risks?
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you didn't choose behaviors that you knew increased your risks for getting raped, that statement doesn't apply to you

ok doser

this one is specifically on rape - does Josephine bear any responsibility for her actions?

Josephine is planning to go down to the Ferguson protests dressed in klan robes and a hood, carrying a sign that says "Michael Brown Deserved To Be Shot!" and shout racial slurs at the protesters.

Josephine tells her plans to her friend Francine.

Francine says "Don't do it - they'll beat you up and rape you."

Josephine says "You're not the boss of me - I'll do what I want!"

Josephine goes down to the Ferguson protests dressed in klan robes and a hood, carrying a sign that says "Michael Brown Deserved To Be Shot!" and shouts racial slurs at the protesters.

Josephine gets beaten and raped.

Those who beat and rape Josephine are arrested and charged.

Francine comes to visit Josephine in the hospital.

Josephine whines about how unfair it was that she got beaten and raped.

Francine says "What are you talking about? You deserved to get beaten and raped. I told you not to go down there. You chose to get beaten and raped. Next time don't be such a moron."

glorydaz

if you didn't choose behaviors that you knew increased your risks for getting raped, that statement doesn't apply to you

Indeed.

You can be doing nothing wrong and not suffer.
You can be doing nothing wrong and suffer.

You can be doing something wrong and suffer.
You can be doing something wrong and not suffer.

If you're doing something wrong, you're still did wrong whether you suffer or not.

ok doser

Good gravy.
The very act of leaving the home put me at an increased risk.

then you shouldn't have done that

without taking precautions

kinda like how you remove your ignition key and lock your door and park where your car can be seen and make sure the alarm's on

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Elaborate, then. Does the color of a woman's clothes make her more responsible if someone rapes her?

I agree color has nothing to do with it, but i want to adress your wording here on the overall point:

You misunderstand the larger point, she isnt responsible for being raped, period.

A person might be responsible for increasing the likelihood that they could become a crime victim through foolish actions/behaviors.

For the billionth time, one, doesn't cause the other, one doesn't lesson the guilt of the criminal.

If i drove down the road flipping everyone off, would i increase the likelihood that some nut might take that a step further and shoot me or follow me home and assault me?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
He gets to pontificate and make pronouncements against those who are in his target sight. Since he has been successful in driving off many really quality posters he now must pick new targets and I believe you are one!
He will do everything in his power to get you banned.

And, you ask "Why does he do this?"
It is an exercise of power which only the small minded seem to crave!
And, on this forum it has worked beautifully for him.

I know another poster who does the same thing and goes even further with it (they try to hide it), and others are told just to ignore them. It works beautifully for him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.